Wines of the Week

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just took a case of empty bottles to the recycle center here on Maui. No pics. But plenty of wonderful nights looking at the sunset. ;)

JAGS

Hooked
Just took a case of empty bottles to the recycle center here on Maui. No pics. But plenty of wonderful nights looking at the sunset. ;)

Ah man, that's the best!

Costco medley? Local wines? We're thinking about possibly hitting up the local winery this summer.

Pineapple wine is less than fantastic, but we always have at least one bottle of that too. Good brunch wine. Lol.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ah man, that's the best!

Costco medley? Local wines? We're thinking about possibly hitting up the local winery this summer.

Pineapple wine is less than fantastic, but we always have at least one bottle of that too. Good brunch wine. Lol.

Just a selection of reds and whites from Costco. Haven't left west Maui except for a trip to the airport. No plans to either. Coupled with ocean vodka and wave rum we are good to go. :)

JAGS

Hooked
Just a selection of reds and whites from Costco. Haven't left west Maui except for a trip to the airport. No plans to either. Coupled with ocean vodka and wave rum we are good to go. :)

We plan to hit up costco. It's a must after landing. They carry some of the local wines as well as local spirits. [emoji106]

Brute

Hooked
Got a Hope Family Vineyard Mouvedre going tonight. Super dark in color, yet very light on the pallet. Tasty to say the least. [emoji485]

View attachment 213888

Also, not sure about all, but was at my local albertsons today and they had Treana chard for a decent price. Didn't think Treana was that widely distributed. Worth it if you can find it and enjoy white wines.

View attachment 213890

The mouvedre varietal is usually found blended in one of my favorite wines from the southern Rhone valley...Châteauneuf du Pape (Castle of the Pope)...I've never seen it as a stand alone wine. Where did you get it?

Brute

Hooked
mercer wine.jpg

2010 Mercer Estates Reserve 'Cavalie', Columbia Valley, WA...a Bordeaux style wine with Merlot, C Sauvignon, Petit Verdot & Malbec...big, complex wine with a very long finish...

JAGS

Hooked
The mouvedre varietal is usually found blended in one of my favorite wines from the southern Rhone valley...Châteauneuf du Pape (Castle of the Pope)...I've never seen it as a stand alone wine. Where did you get it?

Hope Family is in Paso Robles. And yes, typically blended in a more popular GSM for example. Delicious as a stand alone in this case.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Having a good time reading through this thread! I don't have the technical or geographical knowledge that some of you have, but I know what I like. Dry reds, oaky whites and dry rose during the summer months.

Since the kid is at camp, the wife and I have a little staycation going on. Today we went into Milwaukee to the Historic Third Ward and the Public Market. The market is modeled after those in San Fransisco, not the same, but fun nonetheless. For lunch we had pan sautéed walleye and blackened catfish sandwiches from the fish market. We got them to go so we could sit at the wine bar and have a flight.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469144098.159618.jpg
Summer Reds was the theme, a Cab, an Italian and a Counoise. Usually the Italian would be my favorite with this lineup, but the Counoise was just a great choice for this hot Wisconsin day.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469144152.976318.jpg
Fruity top notes, cherries and dark berries as it rolls through with a light finish. Kind of like a red blended with a rose. We bought two! Check out the back label. Sums it up perfectly!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469144731.563141.jpg
Maybe you guys out West have had a chance to sample? Cheers![emoji485][emoji485]

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Ok - it's more like wine of the day around here [emoji12]. Today was one from the cellar, 2005 Barbaresco from Bruno Giacosa. This serialized bottle was a gift from my brother in-law a couple of years ago. An excellent offering from the Torino area of Northern Italy. I think we did it justice by pairing with grilled, aged New York Strip, sautéed mushrooms, baked potato with whipped butter, sour cream and chives from the garden and sautéed spinach with toasted pine nuts. Cheers! [emoji485][emoji485]"tink"
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469322791.782604.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469322813.947656.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Ok - it's more like wine of the day around here [emoji12]. Today was one from the cellar, 2005 Barbaresco from Bruno Giacosa. This serialized bottle was a gift from my brother in-law a couple of years ago. An excellent offering from the Torino area of Northern Italy. I think we did it justice by pairing with grilled, aged New York Strip, sautéed mushrooms, baked potato with whipped butter, sour cream and chives from the garden and sautéed spinach with toasted pine nuts. Cheers! [emoji485][emoji485]"tink"
View attachment 214245
View attachment 214246

Well played! On all counts.

JAGS

Hooked
Spent some time in Maui little over a week ago and got a couple local bottles and a Costco Malbec that was actually pretty good.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471925928.851625.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471925874.442451.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471925891.210958.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471925794.776257.jpg

That was until I opened up this central Coast Via Vega 2010 Malbec. Quality stuff and they are organic/sustainable to boot. That mean no chemicals/pesticides or other crap! The wine maker is the owner and he is legit. [emoji485][emoji485]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471926009.069350.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471926047.622416.jpg

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
In case you wanted an excuse to try wine. Today is...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472415801.575590.jpg

This was my wine flight last night. Not many places put a flight on their menu. Hell, most don't have a selection worthy of sampling. Had some Tuscany/Italian wines that were delicious, though I couldn't pronounce. Lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472415996.681662.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472416021.194112.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Clos de Tart.jpg

We had a belated anniversary celebration last night (I was on the Rubicon without my wife when the day came...now that's love)...so, had to bust out something serious from the cellar...Clos De Tart, one of my favorite Burgundies from Morey St. Denis in Cote Du Nuit....

sipafz

Caught the Bug
In case you wanted an excuse to try wine. Today is...

View attachment 220112

This was my wine flight last night. Not many places put a flight on their menu. Hell, most don't have a selection worthy of sampling. Had some Tuscany/Italian wines that were delicious, though I couldn't pronounce. Lol

View attachment 220113
View attachment 220114
Hard to go wrong with Italian Reds!
View attachment 220215

We had a belated anniversary celebration last night (I was on the Rubicon without my wife when the day came...now that's love)...so, had to bust out something serious from the cellar...Clos De Tart, one of my favorite Burgundies from Morey St. Denis in Cote Du Nuit....

That's a serious bottle of wine! How many years are you celebrating? Congrats!

Mtb275

No need for a picture. Just popped the cork on a basic bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. Livin Large🤑.[emoji1]

JAGS

Hooked
After a few under the belt, they get harder to pronounce...

True.

View attachment 220215

I dig my central coast finds, but your collection is cool. What temp you keep your reds at.
I keep mine at about 62-65. Wondering how that compares to your cellar.

Hard to go wrong with Italian Reds!

They were great. [emoji106]

No need for a picture. Just popped the cork on a basic bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. Livin Large🤑.[emoji1]

Nothing wrong with that. Cheers.

JAGS

Hooked
This is the 3rd or 4th bottle of 2013 Treana Red I've had. A 75/25 Cab Syrah blend that is simply awesome.

Happy Red Wine Day! [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472451263.460874.jpg

Top Bottom