Wines of the Week

Brute

Hooked
We are working downtown. With tasting rooms all around us. But a little wine tasting on my lunch might be frowned upon! I am only an hour 45 away so I might have to go on a weekend and try some wines!

One of my favorite Napa wines is Hundred Acre in St Helena...incredible Cab Sauvignon...but its pricey...if you can find it, Colgin is another fav for red blends & cabs...and the traditional standbys of Beringer & Mondavi, especially their reserves.

IMO you should visit Schramsberg winery...possibly the best winery tour available. They primarily make sparkling wine, they have the oldest hand carved wine cellars in the ground in the USA...I've done this tour, it's incredible...also, since their sparkling wines (like champagne) is primarily Chardonnay & Pinot noir, they make a fabulous Pinot under the H Davies label...Hugh Davies bought Schramsberg back in the sixties and developed the premier sparkling wine in the USA

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

One of my favorite Napa wines is Hundred Acre in St Helena...incredible Cab Sauvignon...but its pricey...if you can find it, Colgin is another fav for red blends & cabs...and the traditional standbys of Beringer & Mondavi, especially their reserves.

IMO you should visit Schramsberg winery...possibly the best winery tour available. They primarily make sparkling wine, they have the oldest hand carved wine cellars in the ground in the USA...I've done this tour, it's incredible...also, since their sparkling wines (like champagne) is primarily Chardonnay & Pinot noir, they make a fabulous Pinot under the H Davies label...Hugh Davies bought Schramsberg back in the sixties and developed the premier sparkling wine in the USA

We will have to check it out. Me and the Mrs have been talking about wanting to do a wine tasting tour of some sort. Maybe that's the one we do. Thanks for the info!

JAGS

Hooked
Surprising find. Well, maybe not. The bottle kind of gives it away. Lol. If you can snag this for $5.99 at Costco like I did, buy more than one bottle.

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Lmk when it's national Pinot Noir day...

August 18th. Sorry you missed it. [emoji23][emoji23]

Just make one up. That's what they do on social media. :yup:

In fact today is #nationalpinotnoirdayforwesternhemispherecitieswithapopulationofmorethan50thousand

It's true I read it on the internet.

I'm sure Mrs MTG appreciates skipping over Valentine's Day and Mother's Day. [emoji6] [emoji23][emoji23]

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm sure Mrs MTG appreciates skipping over Valentine's Day and Mother's Day. [emoji6] [emoji23][emoji23]

What are those? Hallmark holidays? LOL! She does actually, they're just another obstacle to the real goal. Besides, every day is Mother's day in our house. ;)

Top Bottom