Wines of the Week

MTG

Caught the Bug
Two bottles today.

IMG_3342.jpg
Decent table wine for pretty cheap actually.

IMG_3340.jpg
A much nicer bottle.

There really isn't any comparison. Wine is simply driven by budget. Sure you can find "decent" wines for a decent price, but good wine will cost you some money.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Two bottles today.

View attachment 275716

View attachment 275717
A much nicer bottle.

There really isn't any comparison. Wine is simply driven by budget. Sure you can find "decent" wines for a decent price, but good wine will cost you some money.

It is the rare occasion that you find a truly great wine for under twenty bucks...but it happens...and usually your in some hole in the wall joint in Tuscany or Almafi...

Brute

Hooked
It is the rare occasion that you find a truly great wine for under twenty bucks...but it happens...and usually your in some hole in the wall joint in Tuscany or Almafi...

IMG_1977.jpg

Case in point...this local white wine in Almafi went for about 40-50 euro at the higher end restaurants, but we were enjoying it for about 18 euro at a local cantina off the beaten track...possibly one of the best white wines I've had...Fiorduva...you won't find this in the states...

JAGS

Hooked
Two bottles today.

View attachment 275716

View attachment 275717
A much nicer bottle.

That's a fair statement.

I would also say that there are some poorly priced wines at all parts of spectrum.

My budget is surely modest, but I've had a $100+ bottle that just didn't live up to it. As well as a $12 zin that easily drank like $50-60 bottle. It makes buying and drinking very interesting.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Must be a new quarter...

IMG_3402.jpg

Brown Santa showed up with a random club assortment. Decided to whip up some pasta so we could have an excuse to open a bottle.

JAGS

Hooked
Must be a new quarter...

View attachment 276076

Brown Santa showed up with a random club assortment. Decided to whip up some pasta so we could have an excuse to open a bottle.

Like you "need" an excuse. Lol.

I couldn't wait any longer and had to open one of my 2014 Treana Red bottles. By far one of my favorite "cabs". It technically a Cab/Syrah blend.

IMG_3051.jpg

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Enjoying a little Walla Walla Cabernet tonight. New wine club gonna have me "affordably" spreading my wings beyond CA central coast.

IMG_3102.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Any one into pinots? This is relabeled by Costco. Carneros is apparently an AVA of southern Napa and Sonoma counties. Curious what winery it's actually from.

IMG_3137.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
2011 Syrah. Had to stand this up and let it breath for it bit. Starting come around now. May still be a bit too high on the tannin/acid/alcohol levels. Hopefully mellows out a little more.

IMG_3185.jpg

Brute

Hooked
IMG_2296.jpg

One of my daughters birthday was Wednesday...I'm cooking a bday dinner tonight just for us, then another dinner at Le Mer tomorrow night...

1996 Chateau Latour for tonight & a 1995 Chateau Lafite Rothschild for tomorrow...

Tanktitan

View attachment 277943

One of my daughters birthday was Wednesday...I'm cooking a bday dinner tonight just for us, then another dinner at Le Mer tomorrow night...

1996 Chateau Latour for tonight & a 1995 Chateau Lafite Rothschild for tomorrow...

Nice! Any chance one of these is from your daughter's birth year? That is a tradition I have with my sons.

Top Bottom