Wines of the Week

sipafz

Caught the Bug
IMG_5218.jpg

A nice offering from Spain! It has the nose of a northern Italian, just not the body. The lingering finish was unexpected, but appreciated.

Brute

Hooked
My $6 Paxis find is dog shit when you start posting. [emoji23] But it is always awesome to see what your next bottle will be.

Cheers! [emoji485][emoji485]

Ok Jags...you've totally inspired me. I pulled this out of storage...1995 Chateau Mouton Rothschild...one of the five great first growth Bordeaux's...and a great vintage. It took about an hour to properly open...and it was indescribable...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_2279.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Ok Jags...you've totally inspired me. I pulled this out of storage...1995 Chateau Mouton Rothschild...one of the five great first growth Bordeaux's...and a great vintage. It took about an hour to properly open...and it was indescribable...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 275613

Lol...Right on! That's a top shelf for sure.

You have a special maturity chart/app to keep track of how it is aging? From what I could see, that had another 5-10 possible in bottle.

What do you base you buying habits on? Region, varietal, pts??? Clearly you have a formula and aging system. Impressive. [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

JAGS

Hooked
Here's a good Santa Barbara region dessert from Fess Parker. That peach color seems to be key for my palate. Lots of stone fruits coming through.

IMG_3016.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Lol...Right on! That's a top shelf for sure.

You have a special maturity chart/app to keep track of how it is aging? From what I could see, that had another 5-10 possible in bottle.

What do you base you buying habits on? Region, varietal, pts??? Clearly you have a formula and aging system. Impressive. [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

All of our wines are on a spreadsheet...by country, region, vintage & drink or hold. I've spent a great deal of time doing this...but since we are getting older, we don't collect or buy nearly as much as we used to. we are still on the list for a couple private vineyards for shipping, like Colgin & Lindstrom...and we pick up a few interesting wines during our travels.

I'm about to cull 600 bottles to gradually ship to our Mercer Island house where we have a proper in house cellar (which is naked at the moment...I'll post a pic as a before & after)...most of our collection is from Napa, France & Italy...but having a house in the greater Seattle area the last couple years we are starting to appreciate the great wines of the Northwest...

I'm still enjoying this Bordeaux as I write this...it is amazing how a great wine dramatically changes as it is exposed to air...it is as if it has a life of its own...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
All of our wines are on a spreadsheet...by country, region, vintage & drink or hold. I've spent a great deal of time doing this...but since we are getting older, we don't collect or buy nearly as much as we used to. we are still on the list for a couple private vineyards for shipping, like Colgin & Lindstrom...and we pick up a few interesting wines during our travels.

I'm about to cull 600 bottles to gradually ship to our Mercer Island house where we have a proper in house cellar (which is naked at the moment...I'll post a pic as a before & after)...most of our collection is from Napa, France & Italy...but having a house in the greater Seattle area the last couple years we are starting to appreciate the great wines of the Northwest...

I'm still enjoying this Bordeaux as I write this...it is amazing how a great wine dramatically changes as it is exposed to air...it is as if it has a life of its own...

That's awesome and the cellar must be amazing. I can only dream of getting to that point. My budget is know where near what I wish it could be.

I've been drinking wine for over 20 years and just now really diving into the appreciation and understanding of flavors profiles, etc.

I have primarily kept to my roots of California wines and really even more so central coast small production wineries that are lesser known and not widely distributed. But I'll be expanding my regions here shortly.

This is why I started this thread way back when. Whether it's a $6 Paxis or a $600 whatever, wine can bring people together. [emoji485] Cheers!

Brute

Hooked
That's awesome and the cellar must be amazing. I can only dream of getting to that point. My budget is know where near what I wish it could be.

I've been drinking wine for over 20 years and just now really diving into the appreciation and understanding of flavors profiles, etc.

I have primarily kept to my roots of California wines and really even more so central coast small production wineries that are lesser known and not widely distributed. But I'll be expanding my regions here shortly.

This is why I started this thread way back when. Whether it's a $6 Paxis or a $600 whatever, wine can bring people together. [emoji485] Cheers!

Agreed...

Top Bottom