Wines of the Week

JAGS

Hooked
Here's one that is a bit unique. A zinbera. 55%zin, 41%barbera and 4%petite sirah. Juicy, smooth with just a little zip on the finish. Super easy to drink and very tasty.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467521353.079042.jpg

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Haha. Yeah, but these are the good kind of problems. The problems that make other problems seem less problematic. [emoji6][emoji485][emoji485] LOL

Do you belong to one of those wine listing where you get wine every month for the wine of the month?

JAGS

Hooked
Do you belong to one of those wine listing where you get wine every month for the wine of the month?

Not exactly. I make an annual trip or two up to paso Robles/central coast and come back with a variety that were tasted. This last haul was about two cases of assorted. I'm also part of a few wine clubs from the wineries in paso that stood out to my liking. That spaces out another two cases throughout the year.

A good majority are organic, sustainable, biodynamic, and dry farmed. That's something MTG brought to my attention in this thread. Small vineyards are still able to produce this way, and I prefer to support the small growers and makers as well.

Wine is like art. Everyone's tastes are a little different. So going to do tastings each year of regional varietals allows me to learn and primarily buy only wine I will like.

Brute

Hooked
Cavatappi.jpg

Cavatappi 2007 Maddalena...from the Yakima Valley in WA...100% nebbiolo, a varietal usually found in north central Italy...

Brute

Hooked
Looks like a bottle spilled on your bottle. [emoji6]

Nebbiolo? Do share more as to characteristics, cuz I don't want to google.

All of their wine labels look like this...

It is one of my two favorite varietals (the other is barbaresco) traditionally from the Piedmont region of Italy, home of my very favorite Italian wine...Gaja (my wife and I first started dating after a bottle of '98 Gaja Barbaresco)...it is now being grown in CA, OR & WA...medium bodied red, with raspeberry/blackberry/cherry notes...it can be a big wine, usually requiring about 8-10 years of bottle aging, but well worth the wait. Pairs well with grilled steak and lamb...

Brute

Hooked
Bergstrom.jpg

The wine to go with bbq ribs on the 4th...Bergstrom, a very nice pinot from the Willamette Valley, OR...

JAGS

Hooked
Sipping some Cinquain Reserve Cinquain by the fire. Super tasty blend!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467866704.913879.jpg

And topped off with a little dessert late harvest.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467871147.776106.jpg

Last edited:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Went for a change up tonight and bought wine based on label........
image.jpg

First sip seems more of a fruit taste than I am used to but tasty all the same

sipafz

Caught the Bug
The kid is off to camp so Mom and Dad get to eat (and drink) whatever we want for the next three weeks. Tonight was arugula/fennel salad, mixed olives, smoked salmon with garlic/parmigiana toast, rosemary bread with olive oil and balsamic and jumbo lump crab cakes. Wine was a terrific Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley, Oregon.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468982296.212294.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
The kid is off to camp so Mom and Dad get to eat (and drink) whatever we want for the next three weeks. Tonight was arugula/fennel salad, mixed olives, smoked salmon with garlic/parmigiana toast, rosemary bread with olive oil and balsamic and jumbo lump crab cakes. Wine was a terrific Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley, Oregon.
View attachment 213724

Looks like a great meal and great wine. [emoji485][emoji106]

JAGS

Hooked
Got a Hope Family Vineyard Mouvedre going tonight. Super dark in color, yet very light on the pallet. Tasty to say the least. [emoji485]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469071203.528122.jpg

Also, not sure about all, but was at my local albertsons today and they had Treana chard for a decent price. Didn't think Treana was that widely distributed. Worth it if you can find it and enjoy white wines.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469071230.240109.jpg

Top Bottom