WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

jdofmemi

Glad to hear you are running good again.

Looks like it was a fun trail.

Most times when I have had to winch it was from a few inches to a few feet, at least on rocks.
Snow and mud will really work a winch.

WJCO

Meme King
That’s unfortunate your lockers weren’t working... must have been irritating running a winch line for an inch [emoji23]

Rear locker hasn't worked for a year. I have the parts and will fix soon. But it was a real surprise that front didn't. It worked last year just fine. Yesterday, it came and went, intermittent. But compressor was cycling every few seconds, so there's a leak.

Glad to hear you are running good again.

Looks like it was a fun trail.

Most times when I have had to winch it was from a few inches to a few feet, at least on rocks.
Snow and mud will really work a winch.

Yes indeed. Most winching I've done has been a little longer. This deal yesterday was short and sweet. But glad I had it. Once again my wife made the comment that she was happy to have a good quality winch regardless of the cost. Moral: Even an extra quality inch keeps the wife happy.

Glad she’s back running strong for ya, looks like a fun time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes sir. Indeed.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Rear locker hasn't worked for a year. I have the parts and will fix soon. But it was a real surprise that front didn't. It worked last year just fine. Yesterday, it came and went, intermittent. But compressor was cycling every few seconds, so there's a leak.

Sorry to hear about the leak. Are you going to replace the lines with stainless steel lines? Kind of a once and done fix?

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry to hear about the leak. Are you going to replace the lines with stainless steel lines? Kind of a once and done fix?

My limited experience has been when the compressor kicks on and off, the leak is internal within the diff. When the compressor is constantly running, it's more likely a line leak.

The rear diff has the copper tube broken from the seal housing and I'm fixing that this next weekend. As far as the front, unknown....

Jsouder53

Hooked
My limited experience has been when the compressor kicks on and off, the leak is internal within the diff. When the compressor is constantly running, it's more likely a line leak.

The rear diff has the copper tube broken from the seal housing and I'm fixing that this next weekend. As far as the front, unknown....

Oh, that is some great information for whenever I get lockers... well hopefully you can track down whatever is going on with the front without too much trouble!

WJCO

Meme King
Oh, that is some great information for whenever I get lockers... well hopefully you can track down whatever is going on with the front without too much trouble!

Dynatrac did my front locker install and it was fine last year. Rear locker is an entirely different story, ARB has been awesome but it's a long story. As far as front locker not working currently, who knows... Haven't diagnosed it yet.

WJCO

Meme King
Good to see you getting out. [emoji1303] Hopefully the front locker fix is a simple-ish one.

Me too.

It certainly was great weather to get out. Glad the Jeep held up! Fingers crossed for the rest of the year :)

Yes, weather was perfect.

Anyone running Carnage?
Isn't that trail NASTY!?!?
:icon_crazy:

Nope. We were hoping to see someone there but it was quiet. Can't imagine why....

trplxj

Oh wow. I thought yours was done. What else does it need?

I need to install the front locker, onboard air, bumpers, rock sliders, bump stops, limit straps, trim the fenders..... I think that’s most of it LOL. I want to make some modifications to my front suspension, the tires rub on the lower link arms. I want to take them off and put a 20* bend in them, and I want to redo the track bar and see if I can get some of the bump steer out of it.

Oh, and the hydro assist steering.

Long list, but I need to get it done by mid September. I have a trip planned to Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Got my lockers working. Big thanks to Slimebones and JeepersCreeper for the help. Copper line was broken on the seal housing. Those orings really suck balls.

IMG_20190601_221044_729.jpg

IMG_20190601_221112_838.jpg

Top Bottom