WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Nice work

Thanks. Good to be done with it.

Nice so no track bar

Yep. From a physical point of view, I think it's a good design, but working on it is a pain.

Would you replace? Something like this?

I almost pulled the trigger on the IRO one last year but when they first came out, a lot of people had issues with that center flex joint. Supposedly, it's been changed but I just didn't want to take the risk. There's another company that makes a similar one, but it's like 400 bucks. Honestly, if my new bushings don't hold up, I'll go with the Clayton rear longarm. It's a 4 link, but pretty sweet. Requires a new cross member welded on though.

COR-4806030_2-COR.jpeg

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Good catch. Sucks it was a shop you trusted. This is why, so far in 5+ years, I’ve done all of my own work and maintenance (minus recall work).

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm in the same boat with the addition of a driveshaft trail repair conducted by Eddie and Tony..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
That rear upper arm can be a real pain. Hope it all works out for you.

How's the tire carrier holding up?

WJCO

Meme King

WJCO

Meme King
A little update. First of all, I had the engine running for about 11 hours yesterday. 3 hours of pavement time to a trail, then we spent about 6 hours on the trail, then 3 hours home. Engine ran great with no issues. So that was comforting.

Got to really put my rock sliders and other armor to the test yesterday and even hit my homemade transmission skid a couple of times so glad to have that there.

Got some body damage but it's minor. My tires hit the fenders a couple of times and pushed the passenger side up enough to where it's hitting the hood. I think I'll be able to adjust it.

DSC02536.jpg

And I came down good on a rock in the LR and scratched my OEM plastic bumper pretty good. I'm still quite happy that I saved the weight by not going with a steel bumper and I was able to buff out most of the damage with rubbing compound and then some wax. I don't plan on going on a trail as difficult as the one yesterday so hopefully won't have to deal with this again.

DSC02544.jpg

And every time I pack the Jeep for a trail, I always question whether I should bring certain tools. Well this time, I luckily had my vice and welder and was able to let another Jeeper borrow them that had torn a control arm bracket off of his axle. So I was really glad to have those with me and will ALWAYS bring them along. These guys had an even further drive home and had broken down on the very first obstacle.

DSC02532.jpg

DSC02534.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice update to your thread! I would think you should be able to adjust your hoop position without too much fuss.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It’s always better to over pack then under pack!

I’m sure you will be able to bend the fender back out into place. Doesn’t look to bad of damage

longarmwj

Body damage just proves you use it. Just look at my drivers door lol.

The plastic bumpers on those can take a pretty big hit surprisingly, but I am glad I went to my tire carrier rear on mine
IMG_0083.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I would think you should be able to adjust your hoop position without too much fuss.

I’m sure you will be able to bend the fender back out into place. Doesn’t look to bad of damage

Yeah, I don't think it will be too bad.

The plastic bumpers on those can take a pretty big hit surprisingly, but I am glad I went to my tire carrier rear on mine

I'm surprised it didn't tear or crack. It just went right back into position. Other than the weight, I would totally get an HD bumper with tire carrier. I looked into getting an aluminum one built about a year ago. $2500.00. No thanks.

Apparently spring has sprung in CO...good to see you out on the trail...

Indeed. It was nice to get out.

WJCO

Meme King
LOL!! Glad I wasn't the only one who missed them the first time around :crazyeyes:

Lol. I think I only got pictures of the other Jeeps, not much of mine. Still good pics though. My wife got a video of me winching since my lockers weren't working, but literally I winched about an inch and the tires THEN hooked up and the Jeep was free. Video wasn't that exciting.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Lol. I think I only got pictures of the other Jeeps, not much of mine. Still good pics though. My wife got a video of me winching since my lockers weren't working, but literally I winched about an inch and the tires THEN hooked up and the Jeep was free. Video wasn't that exciting.

That’s unfortunate your lockers weren’t working... must have been irritating running a winch line for an inch [emoji23]

Top Bottom