WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Glad to hear they are working again [emoji106]

Yep! Glad to hear they are serviceable again! [emoji1303]

Yes indeed.

Mine did the same thing when I was installing my locker. Were you able to repair it or did you have a new one?

I had a new one sent to me. My issue was that the locker kit didn't come with a necessary bracket to hold the seal housing in place. So the seal housing was moving more than it should. Eventually the line broke.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I couldn't find a good picture in your thread... How do you stow your sway bar when the JKS discos are disconnected?

WJCO

Meme King
Nothing new going on with the WJ build but I did get to use my working lockers on Holy Cross this weekend. Such a fun trail. So glad to have that fixed.

IMG_20190723_212059_716.jpg

Got to stay at the Delaware Hotel which is featured in Eddie and Cindy's 'Keep It Tight' series. That is a really neat hotel.

IMG_20190719_231212_037.jpg

Got some undercarriage damage but nothing serious.

DSC03062.jpg

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing next with this thing. I'm debating a longarm kit so I can lift it another inch for tire clearance and still have some road comfort. But then again, it will be driven even less when we get the JT. I do need to replace one of the front control arms because a bushing blew out and I would hate to buy one and then get long arms after that.

USMC Wrangler

Nothing new going on with the WJ build but I did get to use my working lockers on Holy Cross this weekend. Such a fun trail. So glad to have that fixed.

View attachment 331349

Got to stay at the Delaware Hotel which is featured in Eddie and Cindy's 'Keep It Tight' series. That is a really neat hotel.

View attachment 331350

Got some undercarriage damage but nothing serious.

View attachment 331351

View attachment 331352

View attachment 331353

View attachment 331354

Not sure what I'm doing next with this thing. I'm debating a longarm kit so I can lift it another inch for tire clearance and still have some road comfort. But then again, it will be driven even less when we get the JT. I do need to replace one of the front control arms because a bushing blew out and I would hate to buy one and then get long arms after that.

Nice battle scars! I don’t know what it’s like to have lockers yet, but soon, and I can imagine it’s a great feeling/experience.

That would suck to buy one arm just to upgrade soon after.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like you had a blast on Holy Cross. Tough decision on the WJ. But then again one can't have enough Jeeps. The LA kit would be pretty awesome. Does it make as much of a difference going from the factory arms like it does in the JK's?

longarmwj

Take it from somebody who did short arms and then went long arms. Go longarms. It rides so much smoother and feels way better on the trail then factory or short arms. I would upgrade to a 6.5 personally. It allows for killer flex and will clear 35s with almost no rubbing. I’ve ran that setup since 2012 and it’s been killer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom