WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Did a final cycle on the axle to make sure brake lines, bump stops, and springs are all good. Everything good. Driver's bump stop is close to the upper control arm bolt, but it clears. Also retorqued all bolts.

IMG_20170522_154348_213.jpg

IMG_20170522_154439_281.jpg

IMG_20170522_154241_185.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Shouldn't the bump stop be hitting the bump stop extension? Looks like it's off to the side

Yea, I am wondering the same thing. It looks like the bump stop will barely make contact with the extension.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I welded that pad on the axle before installing the axle in the jeep.

DSC04469.jpg

I assumed it would be perfect. After getting the axle on, I had to do a lot of shifting to get the bump stops right. In doing so, the bump stop hits right between the pad and the pumpkin casting. At full bump, the black cup still hits both the pad and the pumpkin. So it does do it's job but it's not perfect.

WJCO

Meme King
Black wheels could look awesome. Or just something different than stock silver ones.

I've thought about that for a long time but every time I go out, I get rock rash. I eventually decided to keep these as you can get these cheap all day long on Craigslist if something were to happen to them. I've already had to replace one.

Front and rear bumpers :daydream:

I may add a rear bumper, but this thing is so heavy already. I love the way the front looks, so I don't plan on changing that.

Nice. Very clean.

Like that spot. Almost looks factory.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very nice! It does look factory!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. I agree it looks almost factory. I was surprised how much it fits right in there.

Top Bottom