WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Nice! Glad she is running well for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. She is. Really enjoying the new axle.

Nice trip with great pics. You live in an awesome place to make trips like that.

Thanks. Agreed. We are going to try to get out and enjoy more of it as much as we can.

Great pictures I have to say!!!!!

One day I'll make it to your neck of the woods :)

Thanks. I hope you do.

WJCO

Meme King
So whats the plan now?

Could you drill & tap it, and use regular bolts?

I thought about that. I even thought about carefully extracting the bolt to find out what happened for my own knowledge even though the company didn't really care to know. Which I still may do. But a part of me doesn't even want these things on my vehicle after the way customer service handled it. I have some miscellaneous electrical parts around the garage, so I'll make something work, I just want it to be clean. The other thing I'm afraid of is that even if I repair this Sky High terminal, I may run into the same problem again. I almost think it could be an issue of dissimilar metals. It is a steel screw fastening into an aluminum part.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I thought about that. I even thought about carefully extracting the bolt to find out what happened for my own knowledge even though the company didn't really care to know. Which I still may do. But a part of me doesn't even want these things on my vehicle after the way customer service handled it. I have some miscellaneous electrical parts around the garage, so I'll make something work, I just want it to be clean. The other thing I'm afraid of is that even if I repair this Sky High terminal, I may run into the same problem again. I almost think it could be an issue of dissimilar metals. It is a steel screw fastening into an aluminum part.

I thought about the steel and aluminum. Idk if there is some kind of never seize or something that would work??

GraniteCrystal

Sucks about the part. I know you were excited about those. I'd say use it if you can. At this point, it's just another tool/part at your disposal. If you can drill and tap it to make it better, I say do it.

black pearl

Hooked

It dose sound like steel to aluminum is creating pitted oxidation for to catching if you do drill it and tap it I would use a stainless set screw so it doesn't oxidized aluminum and seize up again

Top Bottom