WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
I like the ghetto air filter setup, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just hope it works. Driving around town and in the mountains yesterday felt better but it could just be due to the filter location. I'm going to fine-tune this thing a little more. Worse case, I will go back to an OEM intake and just make my own washer fluid reservoir.

madstiles

Haha nice! They have aluminum tape for duct work that might make it a little cleaner looking if it bothers you. The stuff I used was 3m and it seems thicker than regular foil got it in the dryer vent section at hardware store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Haha nice! They have aluminum tape for duct work that might make it a little cleaner looking if it bothers you. The stuff I used was 3m and it seems thicker than regular foil got it in the dryer vent section at hardware store.

Thanks for the tips. Did you build one of these too? Any suggestions or results?

WJCO

Meme King
Did some more work on the misfit intake. Bought another rubber reducer for the downstream portion. Then built another heat shield to go over the whole thing. I would like it to fit tighter but I also want to make sure there is enough air space around the filter so it isn't starved for air. Up the road, I may learn how to do fiberglass and just build a box.

IMG_20170620_155538_580.jpg

IMG_20170620_155501_742.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Got to do a really cool trail today, I made a thread about it: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/46858-Bunce-School-Road-T33-Crash-Site

Very rocky, more than we would have liked, but really got to test out the new axle. Only had to use the lockers once and they worked flawlessly. And the Coopers are amazing tires, really stick to the rocks. I had a tree hit my door and luckily it buffed right out for the most part.

DSC05646.jpg

DSC05688.JPG

I took a hard hit on my DIY tire carrier and thought I bent it. Turns out it was a weld that cracked where the hitch extension goes into the main hitch. I purposefully left the pin in when I built it and just tack-welded the rest, so I'm not surprised. A floor jack and a new weld had it all fixed up.

DSC05691.jpg

DSC05694.jpg

DSC05693.jpg

And here's some pics from today:

DSC05686.jpg

DSC05680.jpg

DSC05679.jpg

DSC05642.jpg

DSC05639.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
It looks like Chipotle pooped in your engine compartment

:cheesy: Now that's funny :crazyeyes:

No sir I didn't I used it for what it's made for it it's some durable stuff and dissipates heat well

I think you need to add a small cage to hold the burritos

Lol. The Chipotle air intake is working well. Even my wife noticed it. The foil may not be necessary, but I'm leaving it for now. I think the main issue was getting the filter closer to the cooler air where the factory intended it to be.

That looks like a fun trail ... nothing wrong with a little carnage [emoji12]

It was fun. We originally bought this vehicle cheap so we wouldn't worry about trail carnage, however we take pride in our vehicles and it still annoys me, lol. OCD.

Awesome pics, I've read about this trail and the history and want to make it out some time.

It is worth seeing but not easy to get to IMO. However I'm running a unibody jeep with 33s.

Your WJ looks great on the trail. Those beauty marks on the door add character too! [emoji106]

Those are really great pics!

Thanks.

Top Bottom