WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Wow, that does look hard to get to. I'll have to make a mental note in case mine ever has trouble.

Hope it fixes it for you!

Well performed surgery!!!!!!!!!!!! Did it help??

I hope it fixes it too. I won't know until I test drive it through slow traffic. It is an intermittent concern. For example, last weekend, the whole way on the trail, it kept getting hot. However, on the way back on the same trail, not one single time did it heat up. Then while airing up, I had the engine running the whole time while parked, and we talked for a good 30 minutes and it never did it once. When I noticed that it wasn't getting hot, I purposefully turned off the AC fan to see if that would change and it still never overheated. I'm hoping this relay was just messing up.

Ddays

Hooked
I hope it fixes it too. I won't know until I test drive it through slow traffic. It is an intermittent concern. For example, last weekend, the whole way on the trail, it kept getting hot. However, on the way back on the same trail, not one single time did it heat up. Then while airing up, I had the engine running the whole time while parked, and we talked for a good 30 minutes and it never did it once. When I noticed that it wasn't getting hot, I purposefully turned off the AC fan to see if that would change and it still never overheated. I'm hoping this relay was just messing up.

Fingers crossed. That shit is a pain in the ass chasing down.

WJCO

Meme King
Fingers crossed. That shit is a pain in the ass chasing down.

Wow. Serious surgery. Internet to the rescue. Hope it foxes it.

Thanks. Me too.

Nice! Way quicker cutting your way in[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed. Took me 10 minutes to do between phone calls while working. I was actually going to pull that side of the bumper and pry on it while I worked, but found out even with just the bumper off, the relay still is not accessible. The headlight retainer has to be removed which spans across the whole front end. So the hole was cut instead :D.

WJCO

Meme King
Jeep running good so far, but I'll really know when I drive it on a trail this weekend. Just for kicks, I ran a straight power wire to the fan to test it and fan works fine, so at least I know I don't need a motor if the problem persists.

WJCO

Meme King
How did it do?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for asking. Meant to update this and forgot. The temp is still rising up more than it used to, however, Everytime it did it today, the fan came on and the gauge dropped back down on its own. And today was about 5 hours of sllloooowww driving, so that's a good thing. It definitely was better today than last weekend, however I'm still thinking that there may be some external blockage somewhere. It never used to do this. However, today, I didn't really worry about it like I did last weekend. The fan did its job.

WJCO

Meme King
Probably not but is it possible the gage is fucking around?

I thought about that, but unlikely. When gauge rises, I can feel the heat near the transmission down by my leg. Today was the best day do far regarding that symptom, much cooler down there. Still strange that all this started after the trail with all the water crossings.

BobNH

I thought about that, but unlikely. When gauge rises, I can feel the heat near the transmission down by my leg. Today was the best day do far regarding that symptom, much cooler down there. Still strange that all this started after the trail with all the water crossings.
Is it possible a shroud of some kind dislodged and the airflow is no longer flowing exactly where it should? Long shot, but it seems you have covered every other possibility.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Is it possible a shroud of some kind dislodged and the airflow is no longer flowing exactly where it should? Long shot, but it seems you have covered every other possibility.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's possible. I'll check. Thanks for the suggestion. It's definitely an airflow problem when it does occur.

WJCO

Meme King
No more ice chest for us. I ended up getting a fridge for the rig. It's currently in its cozy home in the garage for now. I'm very surprised how fast this thing gets cold. I need to set up a power source in the jeep. I think I'm going to use the OEM socket and just re-wire the circuit to 8AWG.

IMG_20170716_141929_351.jpg

matt08jk

No more ice chest for us. I ended up getting a fridge for the rig. It's currently in its cozy home in the garage for now. I'm very surprised how fast this thing gets cold. I need to set up a power source in the jeep. I think I'm going to use the OEM socket and just re-wire the circuit to 8AWG.

View attachment 268381

Congrats! I've heard good things from that fridge. Curious to hear your feedback from running it out of the outlet. Is that the 50 or 37?

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats!!!!!! Was the price good?

Thanks. Very good, IMO.

Congrats! I've heard good things from that fridge. Curious to hear your feedback from running it out of the outlet. Is that the 50 or 37?

Thanks. It's the 50. I rewired the outlet to 8 gauge already. Looks like it is working fine so far.

Congrats on the fridge!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice WJCO! One day. Thats def on my want list

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

Thanks.

WJCO

Meme King
So I removed my OEM rear 12volt power supply and capped off the power wire. Then I rewired the circuit with 8 gauge wire to my aftermarket auxillary power source and put the OEM socket back in its original location. I just installed a 15amp fuse as ARB calls for and fridge seems to be working fine. And I can still access the fridge through the rear glass without opening the rear hatch.

IMG_20170716_203318_589.jpg

IMG_20170716_203337_207.jpg

IMG_20170716_203418_319.jpg

Top Bottom