WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
AWESOME!! So glad to hear the install went well and I love where you chose to mount the air chuck!! Great job and thanks for the plug :thumb:

Jeasley12

OEM switch #3 and #4

My first post on this forum. Is it possible to power the Arb single compressor using the JL aux #3 or #4 since they are 15amp? Switch 1 and 2 are already taken with lighting.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My first post on this forum. Is it possible to power the Arb single compressor using the JL aux #3 or #4 since they are 15amp? Switch 1 and 2 are already taken with lighting.

Yes. Assuming you're using the ARB wiring loom like I did, you can use any of the buttons to power it.

franz731

Just installed this bad boy. This write up and the video overall was very detailed, thank you.

ARB is back ordered on the hose so will have to wait to fully install the relocation mount.

Only weird thing that happened was when I powered it on while on the Run position, I got this message “Ignition or Accessory On” - even with the Aux 1 button not pushed or anything plugged in. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated

IMG_6278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kruncher

Nice product, great customer support!

Ran into a smallish issue with my install. The "Oxygen"(?) sensor cable was in the way. Very short cable, with little wiggle room, but think I made it work. Though with the heat shield, I'll pull my fender in 6 months or so and see if it's digging into the sheathing. I can't edit the picture, but it's the grey cable, without the aluminum protection. I tried installing the bracket with the cable directly behind the install, but without carving out some of the heat shield, the nuts wouldn't fit on the studs.

ARB install #1.jpg

Kruncher

To get around this, I turned that cable's bracket upside down and ran the cable over the ARB, behind the heat shield. It's tight with the heat shield though, this is where I am going to check sometime in the future., to make sure the sharp edge of the shield isn't digging into the cable (prolly do it, after I get the 3 replacement snaps that I broke off taking the fender off - doh). I could have put something between the cable and the sharp edge ... hmm. I'll think about this some.

Also, the cable hanging out of the picture was also tight, but I was able to zip tie it out of the way.

ARB install #2.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Nice product, great customer support!

Ran into a smallish issue with my install. The "Oxygen"(?) sensor cable was in the way. Very short cable, with little wiggle room, but think I made it work. Though with the heat shield, I'll pull my fender in 6 months or so and see if it's digging into the sheathing. I can't edit the picture, but it's the grey cable, without the aluminum protection. I tried installing the bracket with the cable directly behind the install, but without carving out some of the heat shield, the nuts wouldn't fit on the studs.

View attachment 386633
What year and what engine size? I don't recall having an o2 sensor wire there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear you ran into some issues with your install. I have to say that this is the first I've heard of this problem and appreciate you posting up pics of how you addressed it. If there is a change I could make to the heat shield to help make things better, please let me know.

Top Bottom