WTF Things You've Been Told by a Business

naysjp

Caught the Bug
When I went to pick out the Jeep, dumbass tells me the Jeep can't leave the lot until it's paid for. It took every ounce of strength not curse his ass out. The credit union was waiting for the paperwork to be faxed over so they could draw up a check for me to pick up and deliver after work the next day. As if I have never purchased a vehicle before. This may be the 4th vehicle I've owned but c'mon.

love2wheel

Business told me he don't talk to people who visit forums. My reply, This is more than just a forum. They (the forum members) have nothing to gain unlike businesses.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

I recently went to our local REI and went to the section that had their books of trails and guides etc. After a few minutes an employee came and asked if I needed help.
I said I was looking for a book on jeep trails in southern Utah. Knowing that it was a long shot I didn't expect much help. But after trying a few "common" resources...Barnes and noble, 4wheel parts etc I figured what the hell. They sell trail books by the same folks that offer the jeep trail books.
After getting a rather annoyed look from the employee I said "never mind, I know it's not something you would commonly have" she said to me.
" nobody here is so disrespectful to our planet that we would even drive a jeep, let alone sell you a book on where to go to destroy our wilderness" she continued "most of us drive hybrids or bike to work so if you're looking for something like that then I suggest you shop where people drag their knuckles and chew tobacco"

I was floored. Still am. I left angry but it was somewhat entertaining.
I like their clothing so I will keep going back. But I will make sure to park my disgusting wilderness destroying JK right out front so they can see me drag my knuckles all the way in the door.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DiggerJKU

I recently went to our local REI and went to the section that had their books of trails and guides etc. After a few minutes an employee came and asked if I needed help.
I said I was looking for a book on jeep trails in southern Utah. Knowing that it was a long shot I didn't expect much help. But after trying a few "common" resources...Barnes and noble, 4wheel parts etc I figured what the hell. They sell trail books by the same folks that offer the jeep trail books.
After getting a rather annoyed look from the employee I said "never mind, I know it's not something you would commonly have" she said to me.
" nobody here is so disrespectful to our planet that we would even drive a jeep, let alone sell you a book on where to go to destroy our wilderness" she continued "most of us drive hybrids or bike to work so if you're looking for something like that then I suggest you shop where people drag their knuckles and chew tobacco"

I like their clothing so I will keep going back. But I will make sure to park my disgusting wilderness destroying JK right out front so they can see me drag my knuckles all the way in the door.

Uhhh that is over the line on many levels. Considering nobody in a Prius is driving to the majority of these trailheads to hike. Here in Colorado it's all suvs, Jeeps, subis, etc in the lots. I can't imagine Utah is any different. I'd let that store manager and company know all about that.

Mtb275

Funny story and quick witted on her part, but I agree with digger, I would have a conversation with the manager.

Anytime I go wheeling, I take out way more trash than I've seen any hiker take out.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Funny story and quick witted on her part, but I agree with digger, I would have a conversation with the manager.

Anytime I go wheeling, I take out way more trash than I've seen any hiker take out.

I called back later that day and talked with the front end manager. I was told they had been getting a lot of complaints from that person. I haven't been back since so I'm not sure if she's still there or not. It's odd to me how people can get so worked up over something they know nothing about and yet seem to have such an opinion of it.

Kalums

It is because they believe a lot of "hear say" and don't actually go out and use their own brains... Easier for them to let someone else do the "research".

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Wasn't said to me, but I was in Subway for lunch today and the lady in front of me ordered a "6 inch tuna" and the lady behind the counter goes "bitch why? So your sandwich can be the same size and smell like your mans dick after he goes down on you?"

I've never watched anybody get fired before

WJCO

Meme King
Wasn't said to me, but I was in Subway for lunch today and the lady in front of me ordered a "6 inch tuna" and the lady behind the counter goes "bitch why? So your sandwich can be the same size and smell like your mans dick after he goes down on you?"

I've never watched anybody get fired before

Seriously?!?! I assume the 2 knew each other somehow :idontknow:

longarmwj

Seriously?!?! I assume the 2 knew each other somehow :idontknow:
I should hope so! I was too shocked to really try to figure anything out. The lady it was said to made a pretty big fuss so if they did know each other, it wasn't on good terms. I just wanted my damn sandwich :cheesy:

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Uhhh that is over the line on many levels. Considering nobody in a Prius is driving to the majority of these trailheads to hike. Here in Colorado it's all suvs, Jeeps, subis, etc in the lots. I can't imagine Utah is any different. I'd let that store manager and company know all about that.

That's why they sell rock climbing equipment, camping, kayaking gear. They sell gear wear damn Prius' can't take you. I would have reported her ass so fast. I don't try to get people fired but she was out of control. Damn treehugger.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I should hope so! I was too shocked to really try to figure anything out. The lady it was said to made a pretty big fuss so if they did know each other, it wasn't on good terms. I just wanted my damn sandwich :cheesy:

Only in Georgia. lol

TRLJNKY

No shit there I was.... finally picking up a tire for a flat repair and the guy goes oh your the one with the massive tire. I replied you mean the training wheel? He looked at me like I was stupid and thats when I said yeah I guess it would be a big tire if your used to seeing passenger tires most of the time. Mine looks like a spare tire donut compared to some of the guys I go out and play with. (Its a metric 35 btw) Anyway long story short, he didnt enjoy my sarcasm and just wished me a nice day. I just thought it was funny.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Hangemhigh1

While looking to buy our 2nd JK, I noticed that the JKUR we were looking at had on the window sticker 3:73 and then the number 4:10 cancelling the 3:73 gearing. To be sure I asked him if it was correct what I was looking at that the gearing was upgraded. The salesman proceeded to tell me that the gearing was 3:73 until you disconnect the swaybar disconnect, at that point the 4:10 gearing kicks in. I about fell on the floor laughing [emoji23] I then asked if he would demo that feature for me. When I saw the young salesman was ready and willing to demo this unique Jeep feature, I had to call B.S. before the hole he dug swallowed us all. BTW we wound up buying the Jeep and schooling the salesman who wound up being a pretty nice guy and a good sport.

GraniteCrystal

While looking to buy our 2nd JK, I noticed that the JKUR we were looking at had on the window sticker 3:73 and then the number 4:10 cancelling the 3:73 gearing. To be sure I asked him if it was correct what I was looking at that the gearing was upgraded. The salesman proceeded to tell me that the gearing was 3:73 until you disconnect the swaybar disconnect, at that point the 4:10 gearing kicks in. I about fell on the floor laughing [emoji23] I then asked if he would demo that feature for me. When I saw the young salesman was ready and willing to demo this unique Jeep feature, I had to call B.S. before the hole he dug swallowed us all. BTW we wound up buying the Jeep and schooling the salesman who wound up being a pretty nice guy and a good sport.

Ha. That's awesome.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

WJCO

Meme King

That is an awesome story, lol.

jesse3638

Hooked

That's pretty funny. I've always discovered if you go in knowing what you want, what your willing to pay, know more about the vehicle than the salesman, and exude confidence not intimidation, it goes a lot smoother. They tend to change their tone very quickly. Glad he was a good sport and I bet can sell more Jeeps now too.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug

Lmao, gearing change when the swaybar disconnects....he might be on to something there :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom