WTF Things You've Been Told by a Business

LetsGoMuddin

Called up the local tire shop to get a quote on 33s for my TJ. They told me that size tire was not recommended for my Jeep and that it would be dangerous to drive. The quote ended up being an outrageous amount so I ended up buying tires and wheels a lot cheaper through Discount Tire!

The BAD Influence

Picking my son's truck up from local repair shop. I pay, the receptionist hands me the receipt, thanks me for my business, and turns away.
Me: Excuse me, can I get the keys?
Her: Looking around, back and forth. No, sorry there were no keys left with the truck.
Me: well two days ago I parked the truck right here in front of the shop. Right now it's parked out to the side. Someone here moved it, with the keys.
Her: well I don't know what to tell you, there were no keys with the truck. Do you have a spare.
Me: No, I don't have a spare, and the keys were left with you.
Her: Sir, I assure you we do not have your keys, maybe if you had a spare you could take the truck, until you can find the other set.
Me: The other set is with you. How did you move the truck if you didn't have the key?
Her: Sir, I'm extremely busy. I can't stand here and go round and round with you.
Me: I'm busy too, and would be very happy to get the hell out of here. However, you have the only set of keys we have to the truck. So, I suggest you go talk with whomever worked on the truck and ask them what they did with the key.
Her: Slamming down her pen and storming off. Comes back a few minutes later. Doesn't look at me. Mutters, your keys are in the ignition of your truck.
Me: seriously, my truck is sitting out near the road, unlocked, with the keys in the ignition? I suppose it would have been my fault if it was stolen?
Her: grabbed her pack of smokes and stormed out the back.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I work for a large advertiser called LendingTree. I reach out to websites weekly trying to discuss how we can test advertisements on their site. Typically we start with a small ad budget of $5-$10K and if things work out for us, then we scale to very large budgets. We're a huge advertiser and spend a ton. I have websites from time to time tell me they don't waste time on small $5-$10K tests...SO, you're telling me you won't take my $10K with the possibility it could turn into several hundreds of thousands? Their loss, not mine...:idontknow:

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been dealing with cable connection issues from Time Warner Cable, had the tech come out a few weeks ago told him the issue is on the outside line, he argued with me saying the issue is always inside. After wasting time inside he finally check the outside line and sure enough the connection was bad signal was weak which is what I told him as soon as he arrived. Anyway he proceeds to tell me that it's a maintenance crew issue and he would need to schedule them to come out to replace the line but I would not need to be there for them to take care of it.
Since I wanted to know if it was actually done I paint marked the line as soon as he left.
Fast forward three weeks to today still having issues only this time connection is gone. Have to go and round and round with tech support I finally get an engineer and I told him about maintenance he checked it and on those records indicated that they did come out and fix the issue to which I said bullshit because I paint marked the line and it has not been touched so somebody there was lying and not doing their job.
A different tech shows up this morning at 8 a.m. first thing out of his mouth is I'm going to check the line first then we will check the equipment and inside lines.
I told him what the last tech did and said and with a surprised look on his head he asked if that Tech got up on the pole and checked the line or replace the line I told him no he said he scheduled maintenance which never showed up.
His response was he was maintenance that's their job that's what they do. And if it requires replacing a line that have the equipment on the truck to take care of it immediately again because that's what they do.
Today's Tech pulled out his ladder got up on the line and informed me that the cable had been pulled out and now fully disconnected probably from the squirrels, and said had the last guy actually checked the line like he was supposed to he would have noticed the issue before it got completely pulled out
So yeah the first guy just didn't want to bother with doing his job. now I need to call Time Warner Cable and bitch at them until they give me at least a full month credit for all the bullshit.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Ikr! I asked her why she went to Wal-Mart, and she said it was because I told her she could go anywhere, not just to the Jeep dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

After waiting for so long, this kid had his two friends their visiting with him which caused the "traffic jam" among customers and told me that my tires couldn't be rotated because there was too much sand on them.

Nic Try

My wife wanted a Range Rover sport, we went to the dealer and found one that she really liked. The salesman whom could do nothing but wax about how it's the most capable 4x4 made ( they really are good off-road for what they are).

I asked him what we could do on the price as I'm interested in buying it.

His response! 'Maybe you should go home and think just how badly you want this vehicle before you ask for any discount"

I was floored, needless the say, I left. We went and 2 hours later owned a new grand cherokee overland..

The sales manager called the next day (not the salesman) and asked if we were still interested and when could we come back. I told him that we bought a grand Cherokee, his response: "I guess you weren't they type to own this kind of vehicle" I told him I could have agreed more....... sadly i was a cash buyer.

The GC really is a great vehicle, and the diesel motor is great... never have regretted it.

Reminds me when I went to buy a corvette when I was 30, the guy wouldn't let me test drive one. He said it was dealer policy. I went to the customer lounge, called the dealership, and asked if I could set up a test drive with a sales guy. I waited 15 mins walked back into the sales area and found the new salesman I called, drove the car and paid cash for it. The first sales guy tried to get their manager involved claiming it was his sale. Lol

barh

while looking for my 1st jk at the local jeep dealership, a 15 rubicon next to a 15 sport, (both with D 44s rear) I asked the salesman what were the posi track options for the sport. He said he would find out only to return with the service manager whom replied, (as i was leaning on the rubi) , quote" JEEP DOES NOT RECOMMEND TRACTION DEVICES" :eek::shock: Hmmn

Last edited:

jkwebbie

When I was first looking at buying a JK, I went to a dealership that had a few Jeeps already lifted. I went and test drove a 2 door Rubicon on 35s....it drove like absolute shit. I leaned like crazy, the dealer didn't let me go over 45 because of the roads I was test driving. I told him I wanted to go on the highway with it to see how it done, which he replied was too far out of the way (which was a lie since I took the highway to get there and was only 5 minutes away). When I got back to the dealership I asked the guy what kind of lift was on it, to which he replied "3" lift" and he told me this again when I asked the brand too. I looked underneath the Jeep and saw that almost all control arm bushings were shot and the front sway bar was disconnected and the rear sway bar didn't have end links, so it was just hanging there. The dealer also didn't let me see if 4wd or the lockers worked. He got pretty ticked off when I told him I was going to go elsewhere where the sellers actually knew what they were selling lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

xman4602

IDK why she went to Wal-Mart, but my wife needed the oil changed in her Renegade. After 2 hours of waiting, they told her they couldn't change the oil, because they couldn't get the skid plate off. :hmm:

Just a heads up..... I don't know if it's true for Chrysler/jeep but I work at another brand dealership, in sales. I had 2 customers inside a week with blown motors. Both customers were getting their services done at Walmart and their warranties were voided because Walmart apparently does not use the correct filters or oil or something........ I work in sales so I don't know the specifics all I know is neither customer was able to trade out of said unit because they were beyond buried in them.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Just a heads up..... I don't know if it's true for Chrysler/jeep but I work at another brand dealership, in sales. I had 2 customers inside a week with blown motors. Both customers were getting their services done at Walmart and their warranties were voided because Walmart apparently does not use the correct filters or oil or something........ I work in sales so I don't know the specifics all I know is neither customer was able to trade out of said unit because they were beyond buried in them.

Yeah. I asked her why she went to Walmart, and told her to never, ever go there.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Monday...I'm 95% sure you do not need a tranny. Tuesday...You need a tranny! WTF?!!! Fuckers! However, as another member pointed out it could be worse. I am happy otherwise. Thanks Billy! Merry Christmas everyone!!!?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Picking my son's truck up from local repair shop. I pay, the receptionist hands me the receipt, thanks me for my business, and turns away.
Me: Excuse me, can I get the keys?
Her: Looking around, back and forth. No, sorry there were no keys left with the truck.
Me: well two days ago I parked the truck right here in front of the shop. Right now it's parked out to the side. Someone here moved it, with the keys.
Her: well I don't know what to tell you, there were no keys with the truck. Do you have a spare.
Me: No, I don't have a spare, and the keys were left with you.
Her: Sir, I assure you we do not have your keys, maybe if you had a spare you could take the truck, until you can find the other set.
Me: The other set is with you. How did you move the truck if you didn't have the key?
Her: Sir, I'm extremely busy. I can't stand here and go round and round with you.
Me: I'm busy too, and would be very happy to get the hell out of here. However, you have the only set of keys we have to the truck. So, I suggest you go talk with whomever worked on the truck and ask them what they did with the key.
Her: Slamming down her pen and storming off. Comes back a few minutes later. Doesn't look at me. Mutters, your keys are in the ignition of your truck.
Me: seriously, my truck is sitting out near the road, unlocked, with the keys in the ignition? I suppose it would have been my fault if it was stolen?
Her: grabbed her pack of smokes and stormed out the back.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's just damn dumb leaving keys in the ignition near a road.

JeepFan

Hooked
Went to pickup my daughter's car from the Mazda dealership today and when I pulled out my American Express credit card to pay, the service advisor said...

"I'm sorry but it's policy that I ask you if that's the only credit card you have?"

I said no and the SA proceeded to process my amx card. I thought I was in the twilight zone! [emoji38]

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
When I was buying my jeep the salesman tried to tell me that because it was a rubicon x it had a 4.1:1 transfer case which was much better than a standard rubicon's 4:1 transfer case. I asked him if he was getting confused with the axle ratio but he was adamant that it was a special transfer case.

Hence I went elsewhere...

xman4602

When I was buying my jeep the salesman tried to tell me that because it was a rubicon x it had a 4.1:1 transfer case which was much better than a standard rubicon's 4:1 transfer case. I asked him if he was getting confused with the axle ratio but he was adamant that it was a special transfer case.

Hence I went elsewhere...

Sounds like the salesman I would've wanted to haggle with. When I bought my wife's new jku the salesman was horrible. New nothing about jk's or jku's. I'm no expert although this is my second one, but this guy sells them!
I may be a little over critical of him because I sell cars too, but after I beat him up at the negotiating table his sales manager offered me a job! Lol!

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Sounds like the salesman I would've wanted to haggle with. When I bought my wife's new jku the salesman was horrible. New nothing about jk's or jku's. I'm no expert although this is my second one, but this guy sells them!
I may be a little over critical of him because I sell cars too, but after I beat him up at the negotiating table his sales manager offered me a job! Lol!

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

He also wanted to start negotiations about $10k over list price. There was only a handful of JKURXs brought into Australia so I went to another dealer that was willing to start talking at list price and bought the same car from them.

Fires JK

Purchased a garmin video camera from Amazon and 30 days later it quit. I called amazon 2 days later and they told me they only warranty for 30 days. Looked up the serial number on the garmin site and it told me the warranty had run out on a 1 year warranty. said it would cost me $129.00 to repair and I only paid $159.00 Guess I won't buy another garmin camera.

Zstairlessone

Purchased a garmin video camera from Amazon and 30 days later it quit. I called amazon 2 days later and they told me they only warranty for 30 days. Looked up the serial number on the garmin site and it told me the warranty had run out on a 1 year warranty. said it would cost me $129.00 to repair and I only paid $159.00 Guess I won't buy another garmin camera.
if you bought it from Garmin it would have still been under warranty and they would have taken care of you

Top Bottom