WTF Things You've Been Told by a Business

Sharkey

Word Ninja
In my opinion, accountants are nothing even close to a lawyer, doctor or even preacher - they're just someone who helps me file my taxes. When I had more time on my hands, I used TurboTax to do it myself :yup:

Agreed. If anything, accountants are more like engineers. They often think they know everything, are smarter than everyone, and are indispensable. :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. If anything, accountants are more like engineers. They often think they know everything, are smarter than everyone, and are indispensable. :cheesy:

:cheesy: Exactly! They're like engineers - now that is a damn good comparison :clap2:

rogerk93

By far the most mind fucking thing I heard was at the shop I go to for my parts. A customer tried to justify buying a front dana 44 g2 axle and was saying that "all axles like teraflex and dynatrac are made and disturbed by the same warehouse" that's why he picked the cheapest one. I looked at him with such disgust

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sc_rhino

I guess cpas are like lawyers, they're nice to have when you need them. And if you saw my return you would want a CPA too.

Liston
Instagram: black_rhino_jk

Desert Crawler

Sitting in the service manager's office at the local deep dealership when my JKUR was 4 months old and had already been at the dealer 6 times for the same repair. Chrysler engineers were involved at this point and are running the show, as they tell the dealers what needs to happen to fix complex problems. The service manager is trying to explain to me that they still have not found the problem, but are working on it.

Service Manager: "So engineering tells us we need to replace your sway bar motor next and they are on back order so we will need to keep your jeep"
Me: I looked him straight in the eye and said: "You know that is not going to fix the problem.
Service Manager: "I know, but the engineers told us to do that next so that is what we have to do".

Needless to say it didn't fix the problem.

rogerk93

Sitting in the service manager's office at the local deep dealership when my JKUR was 4 months old and had already been at the dealer 6 times for the same repair. Chrysler engineers were involved at this point and are running the show, as they tell the dealers what needs to happen to fix complex problems. The service manager is trying to explain to me that they still have not found the problem, but are working on it.

Service Manager: "So engineering tells us we need to replace your sway bar motor next and they are on back order so we will need to keep your jeep"
Me: I looked him straight in the eye and said: "You know that is not going to fix the problem.
Service Manager: "I know, but the engineers told us to do that next so that is what we have to do".

Needless to say it didn't fix the problem.
Was kind of problem were you having with it??

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I called my local off road shop that specializes in Jeeps about replacing my front axle shafts with some new ones and the guy in the shop told me that my TJ does not have axle shafts in the front or back and wanted me to bring it but so he could figure out what I was talking about.... I will not be giving them any business that's for sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, I think I wouldn't let them touch my Jeep.

jimmythehook

IDK why she went to Wal-Mart, but my wife needed the oil changed in her Renegade. After 2 hours of waiting, they told her they couldn't change the oil, because they couldn't get the skid plate off. :hmm:
Haha, my wife took her renegade to Wal-Mart for a recent oil change. They installed the wrong filter and didn't put the cap back on, made a huge mess under the hood as it took a couple days to realize the cap was m.i.a.. Then took another week to get a new cap from the dealership. After dealing with the hellcat that is my wife pissed off on the phone Wal-Mart sent her a check for $850.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Service tech at a local dealer: "You are getting the emissions code because your ARB compressor is tapped into the emissions line."

Me: "Do you have any idea what an ARB compressor does, or how it is installed?"

Tech: "No."

Me: "Don't touch the Jeep, I'll be there in five minutes."

jkwebbie

Service tech at a local dealer: "You are getting the emissions code because your ARB compressor is tapped into the emissions line."

Sorry to tell you, but I think your ARB is installed wrong. Everyone knows the ARB is supposed to be connected to the emissions lines! It connects right next to the flux capacitor 😜

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I went to a place that specialized in transmissions as well as other things. They had my rig on two separate occasions for the same problem. On the second day I was driving my wife home from work in her car and saw mine out of the shop, I called and asked did you fix the problem? They said no we can't. You have to take it to a dealer we do not have the specialized tools to work on it. So I went in and said WTF you had vehicle for 2 days i even told you the code and you are tranny experts yet cannot fix it? He said his tranny guy told him what had to be done. I said who is your tranny guy? He said he works out of his garage.

Speeddmn

When we were buying our old Rubicon, the sales guy told me the disco would make the tires point in opposite directions for maximum crawl! Most recently I took my GMC in for a recall and figured I would have a few items looked at. One being seat heaters do not come on with remote start, its 10 degrees here and the leather is sold as a rock after it has ran for 10 mins. The "super friendly" lady I felt with said they parked it outside and after 10 mins it "felt" warmer to her.... WTF... the shit is on in the menu, but it dosent turn on.... She said well, they are on super low power then once you turn the pickup on they automatically turn off.. Again WTF engineer would do that!? Same vehicle has a TSB for the LED turn singles in the mirror, it's like 6 laser beams of death to your pupils bright, the TSB actually has the dealer install a tinted film over the mirror. I asked about it, the service writer said they will only look at it if I have a problem, isn't this why I am mentioning it, or do I just talk to myself..... I can't wait to move out of Utah..

snapfish

on my 2008 LKUR ....a laud whining noise and was coming from engine front side, i took it to reputable local shop. The "certified ACE Mechanic/ shop owner" while he was raising the hood, he said nice jeep.... , what kind of work do you do? i replied I am a software engineer..he fumbles around the engine for a bit, connects some gadgets, removes them then looked at me and said "my friend, you need a "new alternator and power steering pump replaced right away, i can do it now for $1200 ish, eh".... I said NO thanks and walked away.... a few hours later, I "the software geek" ended replacing the noisy idle pulley myself for $7.00 ...:thankyou:

We bought an Audi TDI and the salesman pitched how the services are cheaper because "this state of the art engine doesn't have any spark plugs". "You never have to worry about changing them, isn't that incredible they designed an engine that can run without spark plugs."

After a good chuckle I told him to just get the paperwork going cause I couldn't take it anymore.

Desert Crawler

Was kind of problem were you having with it??

It was a somewhat intermittent (but mostly constant) problem with the sway bar disconnect from the moment I drove it off the lot where the light on the dash would remain flashing, even though I believe the actual sway bar disconnect was working the entire time. I felt the problem was in the wiring harness the entire time with a wire possibly shorting out. After the factory replacing many parts (TIPM, sway bar motor, entire sway bar assembly, a couple of other things that I forget after a couple of cocktails) they finally found the problem to be in a large electrical connector in the wiring harness where the wire for the sway bar was not fully pushed into the connector causing an intermittent problem.
Eleven trips to the dealer, 4 out of it's first 6 months in the shop, and a letter from an attorney threatening a lemon law case found the loose wire that was causing the problem.

pop2tu

After numerous times of taking my wifes car into the dealership for various reasons including fuel vapors coming out of A/C vents. I was driving her home and went around a slight curve, the seat belt tightend 5 or 6 clicks, ESC light and the ABS light came on. Then at the next stop sign the car lost all throttle response. Had it towed to the dealership. My sevice writer gave me a number to corporate office and to tell them i wanted out of car under the lemon law. I called and talked to a lady told her of the problems and off the latest drive, she said that in order to keep the engine from damaging itself in an emergency situation the ABS and ESC are shut down. My response was, Are you telling me that your car company puts more value on keeping the engine safe, then the occupants inside the car? She couldn't answer that. 2 days later I got a call that they were going to buy my car back!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Having warranty work done on a my JK with less than 10K on it and having the service manger tell that they really don't like to do warranty work at that dealership, because ? (We don't make any money doing warranty work.) This is the dealership where I bought the jeep.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Well at least he was honest about it. Lol. No dealership likes to do warranty work.

sent from your basement

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

It was actually in Chattanooga, Crown Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. They also messed up my seat badly when they were doing warranty work on the leather. The lumbar and side bolster was so messed up that you could hardly sit on the seat... I still had 4 free oil changes but decided it'd be best if I never went back.

Lol that's the same place I got my jeep lol

sent from your basement

Top Bottom