You keep working and paying my retirement!

JMac79

I seriously see no problem in these. He's not selling them just putting on his rig right?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same here. As a fabricator (machinist and welder) I know for the most part I can fabricate anything as long as I put forth the effort. Does it resemble Evo's? Yes, but they did throw there own flare and didn't put an Evo logo. Off roading is an expensive hobby/lifestyle and not everyone has the same income as everyone. Making something yourself is rewarding and way more cost effective. Good with it as long as he isn't trying to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jk12blk

Well finally had the time to get making some things in the garage, Tackled a set of sliders for myself and they have turned out pretty decent.. gunna paint them in the next few days and then weld them on.

Nice sliders! I would do similar if had skills. Instead went VKS which are also bad ass and great price.

Ausjeep113

Same here. As a fabricator (machinist and welder) I know for the most part I can fabricate anything as long as I put forth the effort. Does it resemble Evo's? Yes, but they did throw there own flare and didn't put an Evo logo. Off roading is an expensive hobby/lifestyle and not everyone has the same income as everyone. Making something yourself is rewarding and way more cost effective. Good with it as long as he isn't trying to sell it.

This^^^^
Yeah they slightly resemble evo but they aren't a close enough copy to tear him a new one over.
All rock sliders are similar in design to each other. He's not trying to sell them so I don't see the problem.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Besides the VKS rip offs of the EVO design, I'm not aware of a single commercially available slider for JKU's that uses the parallel ladder bar design without the top bar bending down onto the lower bar. All this talk about these being different, and only so many ways to make sliders, is silly.

If you have the skills and tools to make your own shit then fantastic. Just use your imagination and come up with something new. No, it hasn't all been done before.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
And no, this isn't an "EVO fanboy" thing. I don't even have EVO sliders. I just happen to place a value on American ingenuity and entrepreneurism, regardless of the company.

Maybe I should just learn to say fuck it though...seems to be working pretty well for China.

5280Sapper

He reads a fuck of a lot better than you spell. No way in hell you just dreamed up that design on your own. You've seen EVO sliders and were too fucking cheap to buy them so you built your own "version". It's is simple as that. EAD.

Hahahaha to cheap!!! You keep working and paying my retirement!

Ausjeep113

Besides the VKS rip offs of the EVO design, I'm not aware of a single commercially available slider for JKU's that uses the parallel ladder bar design without the top bar bending down onto the lower bar. All this talk about these being different, and only so many ways to make sliders, is silly.

If you have the skills and tools to make your own shit then fantastic. Just use your imagination and come up with something new. No, it hasn't all been done before.

It's all well and good to say that though but not everyone has access to a tube bender.
If you wanted to make your own but didn't have a way of bending tube then how would you do it?

I agree with you on supporting home grown companies and all that but maybe he just didn't have a bender?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hahahaha to cheap!!! You keep working and paying my retirement!

You really want to go there? Ok. According to your profile you are "100% Combat disabled". Funny, you are obviously able bodied enough to weld, build sliders, go wheeling...etc., etc., etc. I feel so honored that my tax dollars go to support a guy like you. :nah:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Fucking pieces of shit like you are what give some of us vets a bad name. Go fuck yourself

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I've actually never seen evo or vks ones which I wanted in person.. only pictures on the internet.. secondly my statement to copying flowmaster was pure sarcasm for the idiot who said I was copying someone's design.. like I have stated I don't care I'll make my own everything before buying it... I'm pretty sure they aren't patented and even if so paten infringement wouldn't apply because they aren't similar enough. This fanboy stuff about copying is ridiculous... so every turbo kit I've built and exhaust or roll cage for NHRA certified cars is almost identical to everything else you can buy.. most platforms can only accommodate one style of set up and well when it comes to a certified chassis and roll cage their are black and white rules of exactly how it has to be.. so does that make every other fabricator a copy cat? Hell no... I've said my bit and won't entertain anymore comments regarding this either.

Unfortunately, you didn't follow through with what you said "I've said my bit and won't entertain anymore comments regarding this either". This thread is no longer about sliders, that's for sure!

Top Bottom