You're Doing It Wrong

wjtstudios

Hooked
Did they really legalize rioting?! That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard…

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Ddays

Hooked

What I cannot understand is how any sane rational person can think that this is acceptable behavior from elected officials. Seriously.
All rhetoric and politics aside, how can this be justified? How can anyone from either party allow rioting without any consequences?
It's literally insane. It's dereliction of duty and they should be removed from office.

Spazbyt

Hooked
What I cannot understand is how any sane rational person can think that this is acceptable behavior from elected officials. Seriously.
All rhetoric and politics aside, how can this be justified? How can anyone from either party allow rioting without any consequences?
It's literally insane. It's dereliction of duty and they should be removed from office.
Catharsis, reparations, atonement, justice it doesn't matter what they call it. The trend of late is to abolish personal responsibility under the guise of equality. Not just racial equality but equality of outcome. Remember growing up and people telling you "life's not fair"? In an attempt to preserve self steam we stopped teaching children that important life lesson and now we are dealing with the consequences.

As far as why politicians and officials pander to this stuff, its simple. It gets them passionate voters.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
So after reading that article I had to do some digging. The news outlet is a conservative publication so it took what was actually passed and spun it. I can't seem to find any law which says rioting is legal. The new police reform laws limit what police can to to disperse crowds in certain situations. The officers in this case chose to only use a loudspeaker. I feel they did this due to everything being claimed law enforcement is doing. Kind of like an "OK this is what you asked for so here it is". The "riot" in question was estimated to be 100 people or so. While I feel any form of vandalism or things of this nature are unacceptable it's hardly the picture that article painted. I do feel for law enforcement officers and don't envy their position at all.

Ddays

Hooked
So after reading that article I had to do some digging. The news outlet is a conservative publication so it took what was actually passed and spun it. I can't seem to find any law which says rioting is legal. The new police reform laws limit what police can to to disperse crowds in certain situations. The officers in this case chose to only use a loudspeaker. I feel they did this due to everything being claimed law enforcement is doing. Kind of like an "OK this is what you asked for so here it is". The "riot" in question was estimated to be 100 people or so. While I feel any form of vandalism or things of this nature are unacceptable it's hardly the picture that article painted. I do feel for law enforcement officers and don't envy their position at all.
I agree - I didn't post that story but said what you did in my post above. The cops don't know how to respond based on this legislation because the traditional methods of dealing with these miscreants, ie, busting heads, is no longer allowed. No tear gas, no rubber bullets etc. So how do they deal with a much larger crowd? In this case, just yell at them with loudspeakers. Basically all they are allowed to do.

IDK. $500k damage sounds like a little more than vandalism. 🤷‍♂️

jesse3638

Hooked
I agree - I didn't post that story but said what you did in my post above. The cops don't know how to respond based on this legislation because the traditional methods of dealing with these miscreants, ie, busting heads, is no longer allowed. No tear gas, no rubber bullets etc. So how do they deal with a much larger crowd? In this case, just yell at them with loudspeakers. Basically all they are allowed to do.

IDK. $500k damage sounds like a little more than vandalism. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I agree. I meant to add destruction of private property. Either way seems a lot of the cops hands are tied these days.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s really what that article was pointing out. That they’ve taken away much of the power of the police to limit or stop the rioting. So by taking away the control, you’ve allowed the action.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I feel bad for the small business owners in the area, I couldn’t imagine having a shop destroyed and not being able to afford reopening. The dumbass city leaders will just run that area into the ground because no one will want to have their business in an area legal to riot.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I feel bad for the small business owners in the area, I couldn’t imagine having a shop destroyed and not being able to afford reopening. The dumbass city leaders will just run that area into the ground because no one will want to have their business in an area legal to riot.
I completely agree

Ddays

Hooked

But what is the motive behind allowing this behavior and handcuffing the police's ability to maintain law and order? It's clearly resulting in the destruction of the city. It's madness!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
But what is the motive behind allowing this behavior and handcuffing the police's ability to maintain law and order? It's clearly resulting in the destruction of the city. It's madness!
Because cops kill black people. Duh. Have you not followed the news?

Top Bottom