ATX Slabs: Lets see them!

JagJeeper

Not to hijack this post but I have a few questions about beadlocks. You guys owning them are the experts I expect will have the answers.
Got stationed in Cali I'm a few months from getting Evo long arm coilover (hate my RE 3.5) I get ATX fits this lift well. What about not being DOT certified. Mines a DD is this a legal issue? Anyone have issues?
Love Discount Tires. They said they can't mount this set-up I would have to do it myself. The link on how to do this was great, looking forward to trying. How do y'all rotate and balance if tire shops have legal issues handling it? ATX seals outer bead. What about the inner bead does it ever fail? Rock Monster beadlocks also seal the inner bead and are DOT certified are they better? Heard they are heavier and leak, anyone with experience on this especially vs ATX? Thanks guys looking forward to my build (the right way) as I've been reading. Can't believe I'm stationed just a few hours from Off Road Evolution can't wait to swing by!

JKRicky

You shouldn't have any issues with Law Enforcement in Cali with the slabs. Yes they aren't DOT but LE here have better things to worry about.

There is a tutorial video made by Wayalife and Mel showing you how to install a tire on a slab. It's very straight forward to do yourself.

I can't compare the two wheels but I can tell you the ATX slab is a heavy duty bead lock that has been proven with real world use.

I have had tire shops in my town balance them with no issues.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not to hijack this post but I have a few questions about beadlocks. You guys owning them are the experts I expect will have the answers.
Got stationed in Cali I'm a few months from getting Evo long arm coilover (hate my RE 3.5) I get ATX fits this lift well. What about not being DOT certified. Mines a DD is this a legal issue? Anyone have issues?
Love Discount Tires. They said they can't mount this set-up I would have to do it myself. The link on how to do this was great, looking forward to trying. How do y'all rotate and balance if tire shops have legal issues handling it? ATX seals outer bead. What about the inner bead does it ever fail? Rock Monster beadlocks also seal the inner bead and are DOT certified are they better? Heard they are heavier and leak, anyone with experience on this especially vs ATX? Thanks guys looking forward to my build (the right way) as I've been reading. Can't believe I'm stationed just a few hours from Off Road Evolution can't wait to swing by!

The inner lip of the slabs/chamber pro's is pretty tall so it's acts like an inner beadlock. Outside of that I haven't heard of one ever popping a bead because of it.

TennJK

Yes it was. That is where I live. Thanks! What were you in?

I was on the way back from Clemson to Tennessee. You don't see very many jeeps running slabs in the area so it caught my eye! I'll be looking out next time I'm coming though

Top Bottom