2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Anybody who signs up for the JK experience shouldn't expect anything more than a great time, anything else is a bonus. Hence my belief that anybody that thinks that this guy ruined it for everybody feels entitled to free stuff. This guy stealing the goods did not affect anybodies chance at being selected for this event thus I believe that there is no reason to have a personal vendetta against this person.

Wrong again here. It takes so much time, energy and resources to put on a customer event like JKX. In no way do attendees cover all the costs and in a purely financial sense, it probably is not a positive proposition either. But the owners probably do continue to host the event for a whole list of other reasons which greatly benefit the jeep community.

When even one person abuses their efforts, I'm sure it really does call into question the entire justification for the program. And that does effect the jeep community. We run into similar issues when our company hosts events and half the time we walk alway wondering why we even tried and it is a terrible feeling.

It is what is wrong with this country, no one takes it personally anymore unless it is their skin being taken.

GCM 2

Ahhh, friends sticking up for friends and standing up for what is right. Principles, morals and ethics.....at least some of us understand the concept.

Cheers to my Wayalife friends, even though its the internet many of us actually do know each other in the real world.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh, friends sticking up for friends and standing up for what is right. Principles, morals and ethics.....at least some of us understand the concept.

Cheers to my Wayalife friends, even though its the internet many of us actually do know each other in the real world.

I'm sorry but... who are you again? :thinking: :idontknow:

:cheesy:

Tigrcky

Just wondering but who is passing out the pitchforks and torches, I would like mine now please :cheesy:

Sent from my whatchayamacallit

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Troll! Nobody from the internet ever meets in real life.

Benito

Caught the Bug
This is a rhetorical question right?

No, it's not.

So saying "as for you, you fuck" to Overlander isn't bad???

He came out guns' ablazin, i fired back. i thought he was invincible

If anyone "has a personal vendetta" what makes you the defender of this prick anyways?

I don't understand how i'm defending the guy, i just didn't understand why you all feel it is necessary to occasionally bring it up, i thought this whole situation should have become irrelevant by now.

Ps Tell your buddy Maertz and his sweet ass JK build (wreck) hi ;)

???

Son, learn when to quit, show some semblance of an ability to accept accountability. You've hit rock bottom. There is no redemption. Don't prove yourself to be an epic amateur and bust out a shovel looking to dig for China.

Rock bottom of what? This is the internet...i think i have a long way to go before i hit rock bottom, none of you know me; the same way i don't know any of you or 13JKUR

Except a free 2013 jeep from mommy right?

I didn't ask for it, if receiving a gift and being grateful for it is a handout then i am guilty as charged.

Damn, I've been trying my hardest to stay off my own forum so that I wouldn't get so distracted from work that I NEED to do but clearly, I'm missing out on all the fun. :sigh:

Having said all that, I just couldn't let this one go....

You're right, what this guy did was wrong and if you think it's time to get over it - get over it. Nobody is forcing you to be here or read ANYTHING that you don't want. If you don't like what you see, DON'T READ IT! It really is that simple.

As a matter of fact, yeah, he should man up and apologize to Mel and everyone here for what he did and not just to make everything "better" with the members of this forum but rather, just because it would be the right thing to do.

So then none of this should matter to you.

Then you shouldn't ASSUME how they feel.

You sure do like to make a lot of assumptions about people you don't know.

So move on already. I am the owner of this forum and officially APPROVE of this "joke" - may it continue on indefinitely or, until the person in question can man up and do what is right.

Okay, thanks for clearing it all up

Difference of opinion is one thing, but telling everyone they need to stop what they are doing because its wrong blah blah blah in a situation you know nothing about and have no knowledge of the history of the subject is not an opinion...its being a prick. If you would have stuck up for the guy because of x,y,z then you would be having a difference of opinion. You would be wrong, but at least you wouldnt sound like a pompous turd!

if thats your definition of being a prick then guilty as charged

no one here said that they are entitled to anything :idontknow: and I dont recall anyone saying he ruined it for anyone :thinking: Pastor(the only person on WAL that has the right to preach to anyone ;) ) said people like you are ruining america...and I tend to agree :yup:

People like me huh? I would have never known. Everyone should be held accountable anything they do. I think this person only has to give answers to the organizers and sponsors.

I didnt know that you were part of the selection commitee and could make this kind of guarantees

The problem is that you think anyone gives a shit about what you (someone no one has ever seen or heard from before this thread) think or believe. :daydream:

Well i would certainly hope that what what 13JKUR did doesn't make the playing field unequal

No, that's not what I'm saying. I agree nobody should expect tires or anything else.

What bothers me is that it makes society less nice, less trustful, and less giving when we have to worry about getting scammed.

you are right. from my short life i have learned that all you can do is give someone the chance to earn your trust, and in the mean time i will treat them with respect.

Wrong again here. It takes so much time, energy and resources to put on a customer event like JKX. In no way do attendees cover all the costs and in a purely financial sense, it probably is not a positive proposition either. But the owners probably do continue to host the event for a whole list of other reasons which greatly benefit the jeep community.

When even one person abuses their efforts, I'm sure it really does call into question the entire justification for the program. And that does effect the jeep community. We run into similar issues when our company hosts events and half the time we walk alway wondering why we even tried and it is a terrible feeling.

It is what is wrong with this country, no one takes it personally anymore unless it is their skin being taken.

You missed the point, yet again...no one expects anything. Shit most of us never plan to/anticipate taking this trip. We are all pissed he used someone many of us know and stole from them.

Ok, i understand this. :notbeingsarcasticemoticon:

...Making it clear that this i understand.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I don't understand how i'm defending the guy, i just didn't understand why you all feel it is necessary to occasionally bring it up, i thought this whole situation should have become irrelevant by now

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401244327.572179.jpg

Pretty sure that sums up what people think about your opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: For a guy who wanted to put this thread to bed, you sure are doing a great job of keeping it alive and well. :clap2:

GCM 2

:cheesy: For a guy who wanted to put this thread to bed, you sure are doing a great job of keeping it alive and well. :clap2:

I can almost swear to it that we have seen this movie before, it is like we already know the ending :doh:

StrizzyChris

I don't understand how i'm defending the guy, i just didn't understand why you all feel it is necessary to occasionally bring it up, i thought this whole situation should have become irrelevant by now.

For someone who acts like he knows everything you should be smarter. Someone who jumps in and says "stop it guys" is defending someone OR feels the need to be elitest and speak down on others as if their character is better than others.

if thats your definition of being a prick then guilty as charged

Its part of my definition... :thankyou:

People like me huh? I would have never known. Everyone should be held accountable anything they do. I think this person only has to give answers to the organizers and sponsors.

Wait, I thought you said he should not have to be held accountable for anything and we should all forget about it? :thinking:

Well i would certainly hope that what what 13JKUR did doesn't make the playing field unequal

You shouldn't need to hope....you seem to know everything already

you are right. from my short life i have learned that all you can do is give someone the chance to earn your trust, and in the mean time i will treat them with respect.

This guy was trusted and treated with our respect, given our time and our advice on his build

Ok, i understand this. :notbeingsarcasticemoticon:

...Making it clear that this i understand.

well thats good to hear!

I want to end the frequent disection of your fluff filled posts with this....I recall when I was in college (and even shortly after graduation) and thought the world was a great place filled with great people. I would stick up for others on the same shit filled primise that your using to stand up on a soap box in this thread. I would debate with my super conservative family about how their views were narrow minded and they didnt know how wrong they were to judge people they didn't know directly. I was a semi liberal leaning educated person who thought anyone who cast judgement or a label on people were stupid or ignorant. For all of that I can sympathize with you and your perceptions and views on how the world is or should work IN THEORY.

....But since college I have grown the hell up. You learn quickly that MANY people are assholes and take advantage of others with every chance they get. You quickly learn how to quckly assess a persons moral fortitude and its not wrong to make them own up to their mistakes. If this guy owned up to his mistakes then everyone(yes I fell as though I can speak for them all) would be happy to hear it, but still dispise his character, and certainly never forget what he did.

oh yeah, and since life happened...My views are no loger liberal AT ALL ;)

JKWrang

For a second I thought Stizzy was Wayalife with the epic multi-quote going on there haha

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

For a second I thought Stizzy was Wayalife with the epic multi-quote going on there haha

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

We are one of the same....except I have one and he has multiple jeeps, I live in an RV in San Francisco with millions around me and he has a ranch with 27 car garage in Nevada along the Sierra, I'm white and he's Saudi I believe.......

Panda

We are one of the same....except I have one and he has multiple jeeps, I live in an RV in San Francisco with millions around me and he has a ranch with 27 car garage in Nevada along the Sierra, I'm white and he's Saudi I believe.......

You always have a garage at my place with a two 6x12 beams for a lift... :yup:

Top Bottom