2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

Jeep dad

Understood. Maybe we can check him out on 15 in July! Like Thardy said, that's the easy double black! Depends on the weather!

He done asked told him was good with me . He was going to try it last week end but was muddy . so we just did 22 and went over to nemo tunnel .wife only walked 2 time on 22 lol but it was slick and she hate when back end kick out or any kind of drop. and when both happens she walks .

TennJK

If you haven't given 75 a look, Trevor check it out. It would be a great trail for advanced. Great views and rides right along the ridge line. Plus they have side trails for the ones that can't get on the crazy technical stuff. And also 7 is a short black diamond that we had some fun on. Just two new trails that I hadn't tried out until today[emoji106]🏼

thardy

Banned
If you haven't given 75 a look, Trevor check it out. It would be a great trail for advanced. Great views and rides right along the ridge line. Plus they have side trails for the ones that can't get on the crazy technical stuff. And also 7 is a short black diamond that we had some fun on. Just two new trails that I hadn't tried out until today[emoji106]🏼

75 is definitely one on the list. How long did it take to run it?

TennJK

75 is definitely one on the list. How long did it take to run it?

I would say close to three hours. It ends at a dangerous place on a road. You have to cross a backroad that's just about blind on both sides. But that's a really fun trail. By far one of my favorites

Gravedigger11

If you can only make 2 out of the 4 days for the ride is that alright? I'll be taking my wife and daughter to Disney that Sunday or Monday? And what kind of trail ratings split the intermediate and advanced group

If you can only make 2 out of the 4 days for the ride is that alright? I'll be taking my wife and daughter to Disney that Sunday or Monday? And what kind of trail ratings split the intermediate and advanced group
Yea you can do whichever days you want. And its not really a green, blue, black thing. Its gonna come down to what we thought about the trail after prerunning them with several different rigs.

thardy

Banned

First off, welcome to Wayalife! When you have a minute, drop by the Give Us A Wave section and introduce yourself.

Second, Medix is right about the trail ratings. The main thing that is going to split the Advanced and Intermediate groups is going to be lift and tire size. All of the group requirements can be found in the first post.

Third, other than an optional night run on Thursday, the only organized trail days will be Friday and Saturday. In addition, you are welcome to run whatever days you want. If you wanted to run Friday in the intermediate group and find it's too easy, you're welcome to bump up should you meet the requirements. I will also be adding the trail runs, hopefully, by the end of June so that everyone can do some research on the trails, should they want.

Gravedigger11

First off, welcome to Wayalife! When you have a minute, drop by the Give Us A Wave section and introduce yourself.

Second, Medix is right about the trail ratings. The main thing that is going to split the Advanced and Intermediate groups is going to be lift and tire size. All of the group requirements can be found in the first post.

Third, other than an optional night run on Thursday, the only organized trail days will be Friday and Saturday. In addition, you are welcome to run whatever days you want. If you wanted to run Friday in the intermediate group and find it's too easy, you're welcome to bump up should you meet the requirements. I will also be adding the trail runs, hopefully, by the end of June so that everyone can do some research on the trails, should they want.

Just dropped by with my wave. And I'll see what trails are mapped out for it. I'm a maybe right now. The wife is worried I'll break something a few days before our family Disney vacation. Time to do a few more mods!!

thardy

Banned
Just dropped by with my wave. And I'll see what trails are mapped out for it. I'm a maybe right now. The wife is worried I'll break something a few days before our family Disney vacation. Time to do a few more mods!!

I hear ya. You guys could easily do the the scenic route on Friday. It's got some awesome views and still has some challenges. And do one of the intermediate runs on Saturday.

Gravedigger11

I hear ya. You guys could easily do the the scenic route on Friday. It's got some awesome views and still has some challenges. And do one of the intermediate runs on Saturday.

It would just be me and my friend since he said wouldn't be able to drive his up since he just broke some front end components this past weekend. And without the wife I can do the harder trails since nobody will be there to freak out. Time for those chromolies I've been wanting

thardy

Banned
It would just be me and my friend since he said wouldn't be able to drive his up since he just broke some front end components this past weekend. And without the wife I can do the harder trails since nobody will be there to freak out. Time for those chromolies I've been wanting

There ya go! You sound like you'll fir in just nicely! [emoji106]

Gravedigger11

There ya go! You sound like you'll fir in just nicely! [emoji106]

Well the wife did admit she sees why I buy parts all the time after my friend broke his steering knuckle axles shaft and ball joints on the passenger side this weekend. That was her saying it's ok to buy more

thardy

Banned
So, now that I am officially past the wife's birthday, it's time to knuckle down on planning. Keep an eye out as I post specific trail runs and hoping to be able to make some announcements on some things I have been working on. Hoping to have everything planned out by end of June!

RebelconJk

Show of hands, who's camping vs cabin? My wife and i will be camping more then likely, I'm going to try and get outta work on Friday so we can do some runs with you guys on Friday. If not we will be there Friday night. :beer:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Show of hands, who's camping vs cabin? My wife and i will be camping more then likely, I'm going to try and get outta work on Friday so we can do some runs with you guys on Friday. If not we will be there Friday night. :beer:

I plan on a cabin but I have been slacking on getting it reserved.

Top Bottom