All things Colorado

Mr. Stiz

No baiting required. My wife and kids are pumped up for the trip as well. Our JKUR is moderately modified with EVO 4" DD and 37's so I wasn't necessarily worried about capabilities (since it's more capable than my experience level) but really just didn't want to be out in BFE alone and something go wrong. Safety factor I'd say. Plus we've had some good experiences meeting up with groups out on the trails.

WJCO

Meme King
Same here. Crazy snow this morning. Heavy snow too. It was 75 here yesterday, kids even found a snake in the yard. Then today we woke up to this with no power. As fast as we shoveled it, it was adding up again.

DSC03002.JPG

DSC03004.JPG

Petzl88

Massive pandemonium out there! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458767354.332315.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458767365.463070.jpg

Saw a FJ cruiser smash in to a car on 25 right in front of my eyes
The guy in the FJ was flying! And then started fish tailing and then t boned a Mazda

GraniteCrystal

Wow. Hope he's ok. It really pisses me off when roads are bad and people are traveling super fast or just not leaving adequate room between cars. That really pisses me off.

Agreed. Immediately before the fish tailing: "It's OK babe, this thing has four wheel drive so I can go 70 in 10in of snow. Yeah, it's an FJ."

Nothing is less impressive or manly than overestimating yourself/your gear and getting in a wreck.

WJCO

Meme King
Agreed. Immediately before the fish tailing: "It's OK babe, this thing has four wheel drive so I can go 70 in 10in of snow. Yeah, it's an FJ."

Nothing is less impressive or manly than overestimating yourself/your gear and getting in a wreck.

So true. Most of my childhood was spent living in the mountains right here in the front range. When snowy roads came, it was capable SUVs in the ditch almost every time. Almost proving the theory of over-confidence. Don't care what kind of vehicle you have, slick is slick.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Great pictures of Colorado!

I drove through Colorado, on at trip that started in Seattle, went to Dallas, then Philadelphia, back in 2002. I didn't have time to stop off anywhere during the trip because of being on a tight schedule, until getting broke down in Wyoming.

Anyway, my wife and I keep talking about doing a road trip out west, especially since she just made a trip to the coast of Oregon to visit her family. She's talking about this summer. I'm not really sure I want to do it that early because of other things that need attention. If I do it, I'll be asking for lots of advice on where to go in the West and Rockies.

Top Bottom