AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

pvanweelden

^ bubble wrap!!!!!!!
It's always fun at Christmas to see kids play with the box or packaging instead of the toy :D
Seat looks cool!
Hurry up and get those sliders welded on!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
^ bubble wrap!!!!!!!
It's always fun at Christmas to see kids play with the box or packaging instead of the toy :D
Seat looks cool!
Hurry up and get those sliders welded on!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! Yeah, I was just thinking about those sliders today. Time to stop being lazy and get those burned on!

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Jump seat installed today. Got it done and the Jeep buttoned up just before a hail storm.

SAM_1340.jpg
SAM_1341.jpg
SAM_1337.jpg
SAM_1342.jpg

Going to hit up a few shops over the weekend an see about getting those sliders burned on as well.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I finally got the EVO sliders welded on. They have been in the garage for so long my kids started believing there was a jungle gym in there for them!

SAM_1360.jpg
SAM_1361.jpg
SAM_1362.jpg
SAM_1363.jpg
SAM_1364.jpg
SAM_1365.jpg

In other news, I really need to get the carpet yanked out and dried. There is no leak from up top or anywhere that I can see on the upper door halves, but the carpet on the drivers side gets soaked every time we have a hard rain. Nothing in the slush mats, just the carpet underneath. Just my luck, its supposed to rain for a week straight too!

mikefishes

I finally got the EVO sliders welded on. They have been in the garage for so long my kids started believing there was a jungle gym in there for them!

View attachment 85335
View attachment 85336
View attachment 85337
View attachment 85338
View attachment 85339
View attachment 85340

In other news, I really need to get the carpet yanked out and dried. There is no leak from up top or anywhere that I can see on the upper door halves, but the carpet on the drivers side gets soaked every time we have a hard rain. Nothing in the slush mats, just the carpet underneath. Just my luck, its supposed to rain for a week straight too!

My carpet was always soaked there as well. Turns out the heater core was leaking. Soak a paper towel in it and see if it is coolant.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Did you make sure you had all of your drain plugs (do you even have drain holes?) I had the same problem in my 09 JKU (rear cargo area) just to find out the there was no drain plug above the exhaust. Mud and rain ruined that carpet until I found it. Do you notice it before or after you drive somewhere? It would only happen to me after I would drive to work or something like that. I wish I had pictures to be able to show you. I hope this helps.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My carpet was always soaked there as well. Turns out the heater core was leaking. Soak a paper towel in it and see if it is coolant.

Did you make sure you had all of your drain plugs (do you even have drain holes?) I had the same problem in my 09 JKU (rear cargo area) just to find out the there was no drain plug above the exhaust. Mud and rain ruined that carpet until I found it. Do you notice it before or after you drive somewhere? It would only happen to me after I would drive to work or something like that. I wish I had pictures to be able to show you. I hope this helps.

Thanks gents. I just checked, its definitely not coolant. I also checked the heater core, no signs of any leaking. There is a drain plug under the drivers side floorboard. Its sealed up good. It appears to be leaking somewhere near where the upper door half and windshield meet and the water is flowing down the inner door jam. I think this because I just saw some watermarks there. It doesn't leak all the time, only when it rains hard. I'm going to play with the weather-stripping a little and see if I cant get it to stop. If it continues, Ill just yank it out like I did the 2 door.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Thanks gents. I just checked, its definitely not coolant. I also checked the heater core, no signs of any leaking. There is a drain plug under the drivers side floorboard. Its sealed up good. It appears to be leaking somewhere near where the upper door half and windshield meet and the water is flowing down the inner door jam. I think this because I just saw some watermarks there. It doesn't leak all the time, only when it rains hard. I'm going to play with the weather-stripping a little and see if I cant get it to stop. If it continues, Ill just yank it out like I did the 2 door.

You can also get some silicone lubricant from a hardware store and “lube up” the rubber real good!:clap2: It work wonders on my leaky hardtop on my 09 (can you see why I traded it in?:crazyeyes:)

Top Bottom