AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, looks like I'm going to continue my build with some island living in mind. I called my military branch assignment manager to try to go to Alaska. I bought an expedition trailer with the intention of making a 6000 plus mile trip from the Atlantic to the Pacific (to visit family) and then all the way up to the Arctic Ocean via the ALCAN highway. My oh my how plans change. I received a call informing me that my request had been denied on the Alaska side of things. I was also offered Hawaii as an alternate location, which I accepted. I just got word all has been approved, AND I got a very hard to land job as well. I will now be stationed at Pearl Harbor for the next 3-4 years. As I am still almost a year away from leaving, I will take this time to build my Jeep the right way and ensure it is ready for a lot of rain, sand and sunshine! Also, I am debating 35s or just make the jump to 37s now and get it over with. Decisions, decisions!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just placed the first order with Northridge. Stuff to get the suspension buttoned up, stuff to waterproof the interior and stuff to maximize the top down experience. Also going to replace my A Pillar light mounts with the EVO ones, just for aesthetic reasons. Since I'm going with a larger tire and driving around an island, the spare will sit in the garage most of the time. Ill throw it in the back on longer trips and when wheeling only. Going to try the new EVO gate plate out in place of the tire carrier.

Trek Armor Jeep JK Grab Handle Set - 4

Bedrug Bedtred JK 2007-15, Front 4-PC Floor Kit, Includes Heat Shield, 4 Door

Bedrug Bedtred JK 2011-15, Rear 5-PC Floor Kit, Includes Tailgate & Tub Liner, 4 Door

Northridge 4x4 Black D Shackles 9500 LBS

EVO Manufacturing JK Evo C2 Axle Gussets

EVO Manufacturing JK A Pillar Light Mount, Pair

EVO Manufacturing JK Gate Plate

Off Road Only LitePLATE LED License Plate Light/3rd Brake Light w/Plug

Smittybilt JK Soft Top Storage Boot, 4 Door

Trek Armor JKU 2007-15, Full View Sun Shade Top, Black

JKS JK 2007-15, Brake Line Relocation Bracket

EVO Manufacturing JK EVO HD SwayBar EndLinks - 1036 Length Option12.5" - 13.9"

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I need to get some decent waterproof or very water resistant seat covers next. I've been looking for a few days and there are so many choices. I like the Trek Armor covers and hear they are pretty water resistant, but do not need any of the MOLLE attachments.. Also looking at the Cover King Neoprene covers. I like neoprene, but don't want something that's going to get us sweaty just sitting in them on those humid days. Any opinions on any water proof/ resistant seat covers anyone have used?

mikefishes

I need to get some decent waterproof or very water resistant seat covers next. I've been looking for a few days and there are so many choices. I like the Trek Armor covers and hear they are pretty water resistant, but do not need any of the MOLLE attachments.. Also looking at the Cover King Neoprene covers. I like neoprene, but don't want something that's going to get us sweaty just sitting in them on those humid days. Any opinions on any water proof/ resistant seat covers anyone have used?

I have the covering covers and I have to say I have been pretty disappointed. I have the two tone ones that are black and sort of a mustard yellow in the centers. Whenever the yellowish part gets wet, it stains temporarily to a grey/black color. They also started coming apart at the seam where you slide your ass off getting out the door. After the first year they looked pretty beat.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have the covering covers and I have to say I have been pretty disappointed. I have the two tone ones that are black and sort of a mustard yellow in the centers. Whenever the yellowish part gets wet, it stains temporarily to a grey/black color. They also started coming apart at the seam where you slide your ass off getting out the door. After the first year they looked pretty beat.

Thanks Mikefishes, this is exactly the feedback I need. I actually almost pulled the trigger on these tonight, and got distracted trying to get the Expo trailer paint finished up. Looks like these are exactly what I don't want. Thanks for saving me from a mistake! :thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Then over to Discount tire to have the tires mounted on my Fuel Trophy wheels. Had to take a few poser shots with the AEVs before I put them and the BFG All Terrains up for sale. They are actually pretty damn nice I think!

IMG_1453.jpg
IMG_1456.jpg
IMG_1459.jpg

Switching everything up!

IMG_1465.jpg
IMG_1468.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg

Ill post up some pics tomorrow when its daylight!

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Definitely like the new wheels!

Honestly, every time I see pics of your rig I get jealous of your half doors! They look so good in granite!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Started installing the BedTread in the front. Found a way to install the Mopar slush mats in conjunction with the BedTread. Again, Ill take some better pics in the daylight tomorrow!

IMG_1472.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Pointing due north! What a sweet bad ass rig Joe! Liking the trailer too! So how much you selling your old set for?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Definitely like the new wheels!

Honestly, every time I see pics of your rig I get jealous of your half doors! They look so good in granite!

Thanks! I ended up getting the new 35s mounted on my old Fuel Trophy wheels. Now I have an extra set of BFG all terrains with AEV Pintlers Ill be getting rid of.

boardsurfer

Did you need to do a vacuum pump relocation to install that bumper? It's freakin sweet by the way - exactly what I've been looking for.

edit: nevermind, I re-read your post. Pump was moved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom