AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
You can also get some silicone lubricant from a hardware store and “lube up” the rubber real good!:clap2: It work wonders on my leaky hardtop on my 09 (can you see why I traded it in?:crazyeyes:)

Ill definitely give that a try. Either way, it still leaks less than my 13' did, and it had full doors.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Wheels are 17" Fuel Trophy, Anthracite with black ring. I eyeballed the methods for a while before I got these.

Question on the color of your wheels, do they match the body color (i cant tell from my phone). And is Anthracite the color option from fuel trophy? I cant decide what color to go with if i drop down to 16 in wheels lol. You have the best looking set up for our color option that ive seen so far. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clem319

Just read thru this thread. The suspense of the sliders getting welded on was real!! Looks great and I also love those half doors

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Question on the color of your wheels, do they match the body color (i cant tell from my phone). And is Anthracite the color option from fuel trophy? I cant decide what color to go with if i drop down to 16 in wheels lol. You have the best looking set up for our color option that ive seen so far. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Anthracite is one of the color options for these wheels. They come in either anthracite with black rings, or black with anthracite rings. You can also get them in a true beadlock or a street lock. They are not a perfect match, but very, very close to the Granite.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
IMG_0500.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0508.jpg
IMG_0510.jpg

Not much to update. I've already had an axle shaft failure on the passenger side front. I read up and did some research before I figured it was the u joint on the axle shaft. I took it in and the tech replaced the front driveshaft instead, so it was still broken when I picked it up. Then I had to leave it there for another few days while the U joint was replaced. At least I have a new drive shaft now, I guess. Otherwise, just been driving and enjoying it!
I decided that regardless of the warranty, I am going to swap a D44 up front, hopefully over the winter or shortly after, as that is our slow season at work. I just don't want to keep dealing with axle issues, and if I've already had one failure, more are sure to come.

jk12blk

View attachment 99304
View attachment 99305
View attachment 99306
View attachment 99307

Not much to update. I've already had an axle shaft failure on the passenger side front. I read up and did some research before I figured it was the u joint on the axle shaft. I took it in and the tech replaced the front driveshaft instead, so it was still broken when I picked it up. Then I had to leave it there for another few days while the U joint was replaced. At least I have a new drive shaft now, I guess. Otherwise, just been driving and enjoying it!
I decided that regardless of the warranty, I am going to swap a D44 up front, hopefully over the winter or shortly after, as that is our slow season at work. I just don't want to keep dealing with axle issues, and if I've already had one failure, more are sure to come.
nice looking jeep. very clean. love the half doors. next on my list. :beer:

BadApple

Very nice build man! I really love the color, its growing on me. Ill be purchasing a 4dr in the winter and am looking to get it with half doors as well. Looking forward to seeing where your build goes.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Very nice build man! I really love the color, its growing on me. Ill be purchasing a 4dr in the winter and am looking to get it with half doors as well. Looking forward to seeing where your build goes.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get next and what you do with it! Are you looking at a sport or Rubicon?

BadApple

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get next and what you do with it! Are you looking at a sport or Rubicon?
It will probably be a sport unless we can find a 2011+ rubi for a good price. The build on the 2dr will be alot better after we get the new one though.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
It will probably be a sport unless we can find a 2011+ rubi for a good price. The build on the 2dr will be alot better after we get the new one though.

Nice! I think your going to love the extra room of the 4 door. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 2 door when I had it, but the 4 door is way more 'livable' IMHO.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
A few updated pics. Added a red WAYALIFE windshield banner. Otherwise, I have just been using the crap out of it and braking stuff! Saving up for that PR44 and coilovers!

SAM_1606.jpg
SAM_1600.jpg
SAM_1602.jpg
SAM_1596.jpg
SAM_1588.jpg
SAM_1584.jpg

Top Bottom