California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

JayKay

Caught the Bug
WooHoo!! That looks pretty tasty!! :thumb:

I think we're going to be okay. I've done more research and found some gas stops along the way that'll make the longest stretch just a hair over 200 miles and about half of that will be downhill. :yup:

Man that's pushing it!! Awesome!! Hopefully you won't have to give your Powerplant a workout winching to the nearest gas station. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few more shots that we took at the California Trail Interpretive Center showing what people would have been traveling in back in the day...
main.php

The hand cart in the foreground is what some would have been left to resort to pulling after all their livestock died...
main.php

As you can see in this plaque, the prairie schooners they were pulling were closer to being RV's than anything...
main.php

main.php

main.php

The original soft top...
main.php

Although they were more like RV's, they typically doubled as a freight hauler...
main.php

We get to pack light by comparison...
main.php

main.php

Trail tools...
main.php

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Will the California Trail Interpretive Center be a planned stop on this adventure? :thinking::idontknow:

I know it may be a bit off theme, but the rail yard in north platte is the biggest in the country and they have tours. Also, don't forget to stop at the archway in Kearney, NE, that for sure is on theme.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here are a few more shots that we took at the California Trail Interpretive Center showing what people would have been traveling in back in the day...

That's really cool. I'm going to have to get up there sometime. :yup:

Trail Bud

Hooked
Got some good news

Got some good news on my winch. It's the only thing to do before the trip. Warn has replaced all of my internal components from the motor up at N/C with new upgraded parts. :thumb:
They knew I had some issues before and set me up. (3 times in the shop)
That's good customer service. Also told the tech about the upcoming Emigrant Trail trip. He's going to try and follow, which is cool.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got some good news on my winch. It's the only thing to do before the trip. Warn has replaced all of my internal components from the motor up at N/C with new upgraded parts. :thumb:
They knew I had some issues before and set me up. (3 times in the shop)
That's good customer service. Also told the tech about the upcoming Emigrant Trail trip. He's going to try and follow, which is cool.

That's awesome and glad to hear it!

Top Bottom