Coilover Question

Walldog

Originally Posted by ridg3runner

Ok, so ask yourself this: what is it you REALLY want a coilover kit for? The flex, right? What do they advertise as amount of "true vertical travel"? Wayalife's white Jk has a TRUE vertical travel of 14", no other brand has beat that yet.

Metalcloak comes to mind

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference

No attack, simply my thoughts , no need for

"Let's see you prove it. Can you? You gonna tell us how wonderful the six packs are too"

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

JAGS

Hooked
Please explain to the world how

"Metalcloak comes to mind" is trying to twist your post? You were not defensive you attacked, like the keyboard bully you are, expecting everyone to just accept your word as law and how dare some newb think otherwise right, we'll kiss my ass sunshine. I don't scare by tubbys that get their fingerprints taken all at once by rolling their dick across the inkpad.

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

The fact you are a newb (self proclaimed) means that maybe your quick snip initial response is similar to those of many previous troll travelers.

Your use of such eloquent vocabulary and quick trigger on the tough guy stance is now only feeding the initial observation that you are not here to be involved and hang out. You're the one dropping all the bombs. Not a good thing to do newb when folks like Wayolife and gcm2 are in the mix.

I do also believe a mention was made to quit while ahead. But you can choose to ignore that too.

Oh, mr 13 posts, Welcome to Wayalife. 👋 I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. 👍

- Jason

jmatta33

You mean to tell me that when you started this thread, you hadn't already considered all your options. Say it isn't so :shock:

:naw:

lol ive considered, reconsidered, and considered again, every option. Rebel went out the door real quick after the thread I saw where you tore them apart.

RLTW!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No attack, simply my thoughts , no need for

"Let's see you prove it. Can you? You gonna tell us how wonderful the six packs are too"

In all fairness, all he did was ask a couple of questions. Just because you may not have liked them or may not have been able to answer them doesn't mean you had to respond with...

"Now, fuckoff, get a better attitude next time someone points out that you made a false, stupid and uneducated statement (even though all I did was point out another manufacturer).

Ya see fucktard YOU made the statement, I only answered you. I quite like the DTD, won't work with my setup, have to go bolt ons. Doesn't mean I have to put up with a shit eating keyboard hero like you though"

To be clear, you made the statement, "the metalcloak will give 14" of travel, been proved by plenty of people", as in, you have NO personal experience with it. If you're going to make statements like this as though they are fact, it would have been helpful to your cause to validate them with some kind of proof. Of course, that's just me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
lol ive considered, reconsidered, and considered again, every option. Rebel went out the door real quick after the thread I saw where you tore them apart.

RLTW!!!

LOL!! All I did was state what I have personally seen.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So serious question. When talking about vertical travel is that the combination of left and right wheel articulation or just the movement and measurment of one wheel?

2014 JKUR

GCM 2

RLTW!!!

Nope, not good enough.....go get into your PT's, grab your 2qt. We are going to to do flutter kicks until you chose Metal Cloak 6 pack shocks, which are not a coil over.

He's trying to make a statement like the new kid in school sucker punching the biggest kid on the playground.

News flash: You hit the wrong kid, Dipshit!! Now the biggest kid in school is gonna hand your ass to you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So serious question. When talking about vertical travel is that the combination of left and right wheel articulation or just the movement and measurment of one wheel?

"Vertical travel" is the measurement of your axle from a full bump to a full droop. Just because you can run a really long shock doesn't mean that you'll be able to effectively use the entire length of it.

GCM 2

"Vertical travel" is the measurement of your axle from a full bump to a full droop. Just because you can run a really long shock doesn't mean that you'll be able to effectively use the entire length of it.

Exactly, in fact the EVO Lever system that we both run is actually 'strap limited' to 14" of travel. The system could actually provide more, but the driveline would be severely affected.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thats what she said

RLTW!!!

:eek::cheesy::clap2:

Exactly, in fact the EVO Lever system that we both run is actually 'strap limited' to 14" of travel. The system could actually provide more, but the driveline would be severely affected.

Yup, that is a fact and one that I'm glad you pointed out. With an EVO lever system, limiting straps are NEEDED to prevent driveline bind at a full droop. :yup:

jmatta33

DAMNIT!!! :mad: now I have to go watch more WOL videos on you tube... All this talk of coil overs and vertical travel just really gets me going ;)

DA RUNT

Nope, not good enough.....go get into your PT's, grab your 2qt. We are going to to do flutter kicks until you chose Metal Cloak 6 pack shocks, which are not a coil over.

Not flutter kicks, you went straight old skool on him lol

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Your good buddy started in with the attitude, if he felt I was incorrect or misinformed, he could have easily made his point without the attitude.

Here's a helpful tip if you choose to stick around my friend. If you feel slighted by someone else's comments, re-read it a few times without assuming they're talking to you like the guy working behind the DMV counter. Some people talk bluntly here. That may sound like an attitude to the unfamiliar, but more often than not, it's not personal or an attack on you. And if you're tempted to start dropping f-bombs to people who visit this forum on the daily, you should self-moderate your posts before someone starts doing it for you.

And just for clarity, I'm not picking on you directly and have no animosity aimed your way any more than I would the "special" greeter at Walmart. But when you started in on Greg (GCM2) who's been nothing short of informative, helpful and polite to everyone here, it tells me that your post count truely reflects the amount of time you've spent here learning from those that know what the hell they're talking about.

StrizzyChris

Now, fuckoff, get a better attitude next time someone points out that you made a false, stupid and uneducated statement ( even though all I did was point out another manufacturer ) .

Ya see fucktard YOU made the statement, I only answered you. I quite like the DTD, won't work with my setup, have to go bolt ons. Doesn't mean I have to put up with a shit eating keyboard hero like you though

Well I'm sold, you're clearly a genius that brings a lot to the table!

Your good buddy started in with the attitude, if he felt I was incorrect or misinformed, he could have easily made his point without the attitude.

How is asking you to prove that what you are saying is true, when you are the one giving the OP bad advice, giving you attitude?

Damn you ridge! Why do you have to be so mean?

But I have to ask you one question "mate"....can you PROVE your statement?

Top Bottom