Coilover Question

Walldog

Actually, Fox and King coilovers and bypass shocks have proven to be problem free. If they were not, these two companies combined would not own over 75% of the market in offroad racing. Go to any Ultra 4, LOORS, SCORE, or SST race series and look at what is attached to axles and trailing arms ;)

....and by the way your quote in your signature is incorrect, it is by Yogi Berra and actually he is quoted as saying:

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

Didn't say they didn't have the largest portion of the market, read what I wrote, I typed it especially slow for the slow witted. My point is NO manufacturer products are without some problems, I can find plenty of stories where King or Fox products have failed, does this mean all their products are no good, of course not. So if you are finished fighting mouthy's battles, take your time to read what I wrote, sound the words out loud if you need to, then try and comprehend what I said.

And spend more time on google, Yogi Berra wasn't the originator of my sig line. He may have said what you wrote, couldn't be bothered looking it up.

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Walldog

I wrote " metalcloak comes to mind" so tell me exactly how this is a bad attitude?

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, Fox and King coilovers and bypass shocks have proven to be problem free. If they were not, these two companies combined would not own over 75% of the market in offroad racing. Go to any Ultra 4, LOORS, SCORE, or SST race series and look at what is attached to axles and trailing arms ;)

....and by the way your quote in your signature is incorrect, it is by Yogi Berra and actually he is quoted as saying:

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

:cheesy:

Didn't try and bash coil overs, you're the one claiming only king coilovers can do 14" travel, simply not true.

You're right, King coil overs by themselves will not necessarily offer 14" of vertical travel EVEN IF they offer 14" of shock travel. It all depends on the kit they are included with and how that kit is designed. Likewise, just because the MC kit with their gaychanger shocks offer 14" of "shock travel" doesn't mean they will offer 14" of "vertical travel".

What don't like others pointing out facts, and yes I have better things to do than fill in bio's

What, don't like others pointing out facts? :cheesy: You really should stop while you're ahead here. :yup:

Walldog

I wrote " metalcloak comes to mind" so tell me exactly how this is a bad attitude?

So answer the question.....

Walldog

Your good buddy started in with the attitude, if he felt I was incorrect or misinformed, he could have easily made his point without the attitude.

GCM 2

Didn't say they didn't have the largest portion of the market, read what I wrote, I typed it especially slow for the slow witted. My point is NO manufacturer products are without some problems, I can find plenty of stories where King or Fox products have failed, does this mean all their products are no good, of course not. So if you are finished fighting mouthy's battles, take your time to read what I wrote, sound the words out loud if you need to, then try and comprehend what I said.

And spend more time on google, Yogi Berra wasn't the originator of my sig line. He may have said what you wrote, couldn't be bothered looking it up.

I am not sure if you think this is JKO/Pirate 4x4, but you come across as a very angry, defensive, person with a bad attitude. No reason for being such a rude, and new, member.

You're still here? You crawl out from under a rock down under and dig up an old thread and try twisting my post where I was defending coilovers in general ( never naming any particular brand) and expect people not to get defensive? You really are high, aren't you?

Walldog

Heheheeheheh what can't you come up with anything better than that?

DA RUNT

My coil and shock setup gets 18" of travel. When I leave it in neutral, forget to set the parking brake, and it rolls back into my garage door. :brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well here I was thinking this thread was dead...

RLTW!!!

It was up until this MC fanboy decided to make his 4th posts here to revive it :naw:

How convenient, you couldn't be bothered looking it up. I suppose we just need to accept that what you are saying is a fact. :naw:

If it makes a difference, im not interested in MC or Rebel off road kit :)

RLTW!!!

You mean to tell me that when you started this thread, you hadn't already considered all your options. Say it isn't so :shock:

Are you for real or just a really bad troll. Grow up already or go back to whatever forum you came from. :naw:

Heheheeheheh what can't you come up with anything better than that?

Enjoy you're short visit, I have better things to do today than entertain a troll from down under. :standingwave:

Walldog

You're still here? You crawl out from under a rock down under and dig up an old thread and try twisting my post where I was defending coilovers in general ( never naming any particular brand) and expect people not to get defensive? You really are high, aren't you?

Please explain to the world how

"Metalcloak comes to mind" is trying to twist your post? You were not defensive you attacked, like the keyboard bully you are, expecting everyone to just accept your word as law and how dare some newb think otherwise right, we'll kiss my ass sunshine. I don't scare by tubbys that get their fingerprints taken all at once by rolling their dick across the inkpad.

sean112280

This ain't instagram or fb. You can't @me or hashtag sexyface insert thingamajig here :cheesy:

what is a hashtag? I remember that as a damn number sign. Oh and on some forums when you use the @ and the persons username it will highlight it and notify that user that they have been mentioned. So there!!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok, so ask yourself this: what is it you REALLY want a coilover kit for? The flex, right? What do they advertise as amount of "true vertical travel"? Wayalife's white Jk has a TRUE vertical travel of 14", no other brand has beat that yet.

Metalcloak comes to mind

idk it sounds like YOUR attacking him in your post by saying he is completly wrong and that metalcloak beats it.

Top Bottom