Coilover Question

Heholua

Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight. Another 2 bit fan boy running his mouth about something he reads on a website, making an ass of himself, on a forum with more real world experience than he could possibly phathom. Good day mate.

Well from someone that has the metal cloak kit which I do you cannot get flex like that out of it. And that is exactly why I am in the process right now of going to bolt on coil overs. In garage Installing as we speak. Don't get me wrong I like the kit but I think bolt on coil overs and the DTD are on a whole different level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

Well from someone that has the metal cloak kit which I do you cannot get flex like that out of it. And that is exactly why I am in the process right now of going to bolt on coil overs. In garage Installing as we speak. Don't get me wrong I like the kit but I think bolt on coil overs and the DTD are on a whole different level.

well that pretty much sums it up i think.

RLTW!!!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

Agreed 100% with Rick. And to be fair to MC, they've never claimed to be a competitor to coilovers. They compete with bolt on kits and advertise that their 6pak shocks will give you more travel than standard shocks, which I believe they do. But for anyone to argue that they're even in the same league as a bolt-on/weld-on coilover system means they don't really know the system they're arguing for.

You must admit, from a droop perspective, this shot is impressive from a non-coilover:

dscn1468.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Agreed 100% with Rick. And to be fair to MC, they've never claimed to be a competitor to coilovers. They compete with bolt on kits and advertise that their 6pak shocks will give you more travel than standard shocks, which I believe they do. But for anyone to argue that they're even in the same league as a bolt-on/weld-on coilover system means they don't really know the system they're arguing for.

You must admit, from a droop perspective, this shot is impressive from a non-coilover:

View attachment 91475

Not really, Any Fulltraction kit would flex as good or better with cheap monotube shocks. It's the same as any other X brand combo

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
Forget the popcorn... Throw another shrimp on the barbie...

I would appreciate more use of terms like wanker, bullox, prop shaft etc to further entertain myself.

Thx mate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pictures can say a thousand words....

Cindy driving Moby at Carnage Canyon BV, CO
View attachment 91467

And to be clear, this is an eye level shot with a JK running 40x15.50's and as you can see, the tire is still way below the rocker guard. A smaller tire would make this look even more impressive if not flat out broken.

Agreed, the MC kit isn't even in the same league but I will have to say, I do see their fanboys trying to make the case that they are all the time.

View attachment 91475

Not really, Any Fulltraction kit would flex as good or better with cheap monotube shocks. It's the same as any other X brand combo

In all fairness, I would have to agree with piginajeep here. The shot was taken a bit higher and the tires look like they're just 37's. I mean, it looks good but not anything more special than a lot of the kits out there.

Man, the two guys standing next to Moby are a couple of posers!

:cheesy: You said it!! :D

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 91475

This is not metal cloak. Did I do something wrong?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405105574.139293.jpg

Jeeper Jr.

:eek::cheesy::clap2:

Yup, that is a fact and one that I'm glad you pointed out. With an EVO lever system, limiting straps are NEEDED to prevent driveline bind at a full droop. :yup:

So, let's say you pulled the driveline and go to full droop. What would an EVO Lever yield? Has anyone figured out the maximum, unrestricted flex is?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
So, let's say you pulled the driveline and go to full droop. What would an EVO Lever yield? Has anyone figured out the maximum, unrestricted flex is?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thats not what it was designed for so I dont really understand what the point would be.

Top Bottom