Cordless Impact Gun?

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Just picked up the Milwaukee m12 3/8 impact fuel. Great tool. Small enough to get easily in an engine bay and blew me away with taking lug nuts off.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Just picked up the Milwaukee m12 3/8 impact fuel. Great tool. Small enough to get easily in an engine bay and blew me away with taking lug nuts off.

Nice! I'm a Milwaukee guy. I wasn't sure if the 12 would have enough torque. In fact, I thought there was only an 18?

Sent from my duck blind.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Yeah check out the m12 fuel 3/8 impact wrench. They sell the impact driver at Home Depot but you can get the square head version that accepts sockets online.

jeeeep

Hooked
What's up guys-

So the deeper I get into customizing my JK, I'm realizing two things pretty quickly being a beginner and first time jeep owner:

1. It costs a lot of money so buying the right things the first time is a must

and

2. I don't have squat in terms of automotive tools as this is my first car I've bought, not to mention I also don't have a garage or lots of storage living in the city.

So I started to research tools and wanted professional grade quality and performance for the average joe who is mechanically inclined. I came across this beauty as this brand is what they use in the pits in NASCAR. I'm thinking of building my tool base around this, a torque wrench and a 1/2" socket set for beginners…

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007LHJI4E...TF8&colid=2UHLUMY1JYIRQ&coliid=I3JH94L365PNN4

Let me know what ya think-

Chris

Ingersoll makes a nice impact but I went with the Milwaukee M18 cause I see more of them on the trail and I figure if my battery goes dead chances are good someone will have another.

mine came with 2 batteries and have to tell you they last a long time between charges

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-27...&sr=1-1&keywords=milwaukee+impact+driver+2763

WJCO

Meme King
While I am normally very hesitant to make a Harbor Freight purchase like this, I just got an Earthquake XT. It got awesome reviews online from many owners. Any of you here have this impact gun? Any feedback?

IMG_20180104_171648_368.jpg

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
While I am normally very hesitant to make a Harbor Freight purchase like this, I just got an Earthquake XT. It got awesome reviews online from many owners. Any of you here have this impact gun? Any feedback?

View attachment 288581
I don't have one but I'm very curious to see how it does. You'll have to let us know. I've been thinking about getting one for trail use and around the garage.... Just wasn't sure what brand I was going with yet? I know the air impact has awesome reviews.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I don't have one but I'm very curious to see how it does. You'll have to let us know. I've been thinking about getting one for trail use and around the garage.... Just wasn't sure what brand I was going with yet? I know the air impact has awesome reviews.

I've been using a cheap Ryobi for awhile now and it does OK, but when it's cold out, it really struggles. This HF one got surprisingly amazing reviews and wasn't a whole lot cheaper than Milwaukee. This will strictly be a garage gun for axles, pinions, rusty bolts, etc.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I've been using a cheap Ryobi for awhile now and it does OK, but when it's cold out, it really struggles. This HF one got surprisingly amazing reviews and wasn't a whole lot cheaper than Milwaukee. This will strictly be a garage gun for axles, pinions, rusty bolts, etc.
I will definitely have to check this out.... Probably for the same uses as you're going for

WJCO

Meme King
I agree with overlander. Spend $100 more for the Milwaukee

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got 90 days to take it back if I'm not happy with it. I can use that other hundred bucks for other tools I figure. I wouldn't have even considered this a week ago, but in online reviews this week, this one kept coming up and people were happy with it for the price. I was at the store today and said fuck it.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I got 90 days to take it back if I'm not happy with it. I can use that other hundred bucks for other tools I figure. I wouldn't have even considered this a week ago, but in online reviews this week, this one kept coming up and people were happy with it for the price. I was at the store today and said fuck it.

No worries. I’ve read good reviews on them too. I know it’s comparable to the snap on. Lol I love my Milwaukee stuff. Their impact is on my list of tools after I get a house.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
No worries. I’ve read good reviews on them too. I know it’s comparable to the snap on. Lol I love my Milwaukee stuff. Their impact is on my list of tools after I get a house.

Might be comparable to snap on, worst $1000 I've ever spent. The snap ons are good guns, but not keeping up on technology. The 20V dewalt or Milwaukee are a better buy.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Keep an eye on the charge for those 90 days and use it. HF generally uses shit cells, not the Panasonic's like Milwaukee, Dewalt, and Mikita. That is where they are saving their money, and a cordless tool that says it's charged and dies 10 min later is useless.

I went overboard with the Makita, but I can do a 5 tire rotation on 8 lug wheels and still have 75% charge left when I am done.

Might be comparable to snap on, worst $1000 I've ever spent. The snap ons are good guns, but not keeping up on technology. The 20V dewalt or Milwaukee are a better buy.

This.
And the convenience of buying countless other tools based on the same battery platform readily accessible from your local big box store.

I’m a snap on fan boy but I’m looking real hard at Milwaukee to change over to. My 10+ year old 12 volt NiCad snap on is getting awfully tired.

Top Bottom