Cordless Impact Gun?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Worst 1000 as in it failed or worst as in snapon is overpriced?

Didn't fail, I still use them every day. The 18v isn't brushless, and the newer brushless Dewalt and Milwaukee has more torque. Snapon is overpriced IMHO when it comes to cordless tools. When it comes to hand tools, I will gladly continue to pay Snapon prices.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I ended up buying a Milwaukee corded impact. For as much as I need it, it’s not that much of an issue to pull a power cord out.

It’s strong enough to remove a stuck pinion nut.

Emptybrass

Just picked up the Milwaukee high torque. Takes the same batteries as my other tools so it made sense. Used it to put the rear seat recline kit yesterday. Worked great

jonathanbottoms

I use the DeWalt 20v Max XR high torque 1/2" at home and a 3/4" 18v Milwaukee Gen I high torque at work. Both are excellent tools, in my opinion. Had a little trouble with Milwaukee's batteries in super cold weather, but that's to be expected

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
i picked up a Milwaukee M18 cordless impact almost a year ago. I have never managed to use it long enough to exhaust a battery. I keep it in a tool bag in the Jeep. Changed all 5 tires last week with it after it having sat without a charge for over two months and still have 75% charge. The cold hasn't affected the batteries holding a charge it seems. I may pick up other tools in that battery family I'm so happy with it.

Andy5160

Hooked
i picked up a Milwaukee M18 cordless impact almost a year ago. I have never managed to use it long enough to exhaust a battery. I keep it in a tool bag in the Jeep. Changed all 5 tires last week with it after it having sat without a charge for over two months and still have 75% charge. The cold hasn't affected the batteries holding a charge it seems. I may pick up other tools in that battery family I'm so happy with it.

Good to know[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Picked up a mid-torque milwaukee when they first came out.
Best tool grab I've gotten so far, it's not massive like most so it gets into a lot of spots.
Surprising amount of power, haven't found a fastener it wouldn't back out yet even rusted to shit.

tdans

This.
And the convenience of buying countless other tools based on the same battery platform readily accessible from your local big box store.

I’m a snap on fan boy but I’m looking real hard at Milwaukee to change over to. My 10+ year old 12 volt NiCad snap on is getting awfully tired.

I have the Milwaukee and it’s amazing!

maskale

Any of the big names are good tools. I have Dewalt. you are buying into a system with these batteries, so pick a brand and go with it. also go for the lithium ion. The dewalt 60v grinder is a hoss.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Good results with this so far. That said, I’ve had surprisingly good experience with HF, though haven’t tried their cordless stuff. IMG_3775.jpg

Owen19

I'm also using the same dewalt impact. Try the 5 ah battery and you can take off or snap the most rusted out bolt/s. I always go on youtube to try and find reviews if I want to buy a power tool. A youtuber named AvE is my go to guy, not a monetary acct too so no bs, no sponsorship and all that crap. Just a plain ole honest review and tear down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bigjimbo

I added the dewalt dcf899 to my kit 2 years ago. It’s pretty beast. Setting 2 puts my lugs right about 100ft lbs. Milwaukee just released the 2767 which claims 1400ftlbs breaking torque.

IMO, It’s a toss up between dewalt 20v/60v and Milwaukee 18v line. Milwaukee has a damn good 12v line.

Top Bottom