Cozdude's build of Knuckles

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Glad to be the voice of reason, hahaha which cage did you go with?

I need someone to twist my arm on that pro rock. Some parts of me want to do a few more small things, but what I REALLY want is to be able to get locked up front and run 37s with peace of mind. Been planting the seeds with the wife lately so she knows it's in the pipeline. At least it's just mom you have to contend with. She has to love you no matter what ;-)

Btw got my skins and sliders on this week. Used a ton of anti seize, hopefully they'll hold up. Did you ever get that fluid film stuff?

I hope you mean silicone and not anti seize.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Glad to be the voice of reason, hahaha which cage did you go with?

I need someone to twist my arm on that pro rock. Some parts of me want to do a few more small things, but what I REALLY want is to be able to get locked up front and run 37s with peace of mind. Been planting the seeds with the wife lately so she knows it's in the pipeline. At least it's just mom you have to contend with. She has to love you no matter what ;-)

Btw got my skins and sliders on this week. Used a ton of anti seize, hopefully they'll hold up. Did you ever get that fluid film stuff?

got the rock hard cage just like in eddies write up
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2865-Rock-Hard-4x4-JK-Sport-Cage-Installation-Write-Up

yea PR wil be next for sure! let the saving begin! lol

yup! got a whole gallon. going to wait till after my next trip or two to rausch before i start applying it since thats when the snow will start falling and i will really need it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
well you twisted my arm! ordered the cage! hope its here soon and that my mom doesnt kill me lol i think im going to do the windsheild bar black and the rest of the cage red

I can help with the install...other than drilling the side plate holes lol.

KingCopperhead

got the rock hard cage just like in eddies write up
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2865-Rock-Hard-4x4-JK-Sport-Cage-Installation-Write-Up

yea PR wil be next for sure! let the saving begin! lol

yup! got a whole gallon. going to wait till after my next trip or two to rausch before i start applying it since thats when the snow will start falling and i will really need it.

That's why I've waited to order it. With a planned trip in Nov and a possibility of joining you guys on the 18th I don't see much point in putting it on now.

That's a badass cage, can't wait to see it installed.

EZ-E

So it has been a while since I updated my build so first things first.......

I have been running around doorless and topless for the past month or so now and been in heaven! Since I got rid of the GF it's been easy to not worry about her hair getting messed up or the weather being cold lol
View attachment 102949

Added a few new stickers to the collection. Truck lite and a pink Rausch Creek one. Still need a Nitto, ATX, and dynomax one.
View attachment 102951

Andrew (NOROAD) and John (darkknight) built and wired up my jeep for the Diy spod! Major props to them because I suck with electrical! when we, and when I say we I mean them with me watching while drinking a beer, installed it at Rausch we didn't have the switch holder. So monday last week I ordered it. It got here today and I started the install of all my switches
View attachment 102952
View attachment 102954
View attachment 102955

As I'm sure you saw in the switches pic I painted the vents to match the paint as well. I'm still getting use to it and debating if I like it or not. Only time will tell
View attachment 102956
View attachment 102957

And last but certainly not least, the most important update of them all. As of September 19th my jeep is no longer a lease! Got a loan thru citadel at an amazing rate and now just working on paying the loan off over the next 48 months or less!

I was looking through your thread and saw that switch panel you got. Exactly what I have been wanting but can't seem to find it online anywhere. Where'd you get it?

i hope to install it asap. maybe before next trip

I want to test fit first, and make some mods, then take it back out to be painted. I don't want to put the Jeep back together while it's being painted, so I want some Jeep down-time.

Luckily, we have another Jeep now so we can still play :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I want to test fit first, and make some mods, then take it back out to be painted. I don't want to put the Jeep back together while it's being painted, so I want some Jeep down-time.

Luckily, we have another Jeep now so we can still play :)

yea as long as northridge holds true to there 2 day shipping or slightly more (which it never does, usually a week or more it seems for me) i can do the mock up asap then drop it off to be done. i would leave the interior apart and still drive it till i can reinstall lol

KingCopperhead

I hope you mean silicone and not anti seize.

Should have been more clear.

Coz and hinrichs recommended anti seize on all the nutserts and bolt holes on my build thread when we were discussing the horrific East coast winters. I did use silicone on the perimeter of the rocker skins too. Ordering some fluid film after my next RC trip. Can't be too careful with the salt out here.

Steve, I love your idea of black around the windshield with red on the rest of the cage. It's gonna be so sick. Love seeing these 2 door builds going off!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yea as long as northridge holds true to there 2 day shipping or slightly more (which it never does, usually a week or more it seems for me) i can do the mock up asap then drop it off to be done. i would leave the interior apart and still drive it till i can reinstall lol

well as i previously stated the cage is not here yet. its been a full week and it still says its being delivered either today or tomorrow. hopefully today but tomorrow will work as well. i hope to test fit it tomorrow night/friday then bring it to powder coat early next week.

what should i do for powder coat...........
1. all red
2. all black
3. red with the windshield bar black

MTG

Caught the Bug
well as i previously stated the cage is not here yet. its been a full week and it still says its being delivered either today or tomorrow. hopefully today but tomorrow will work as well. i hope to test fit it tomorrow night/friday then bring it to powder coat early next week.

1. all red
2. all black

#3 is what I did with white and flat black.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
#3 is what I did with white and flat black.

and its the main reason why i was thinking of doing it that way! i liked the way your turned out and i liked how lopo's genright cage turned out in all red so im torn between those two ideas

1. all red
2. all black

If you are going to try and keep all your plastic on the A pillars I would do #2 if you are going to leave the plastic out then #3 :thumb:

Top Bottom