darkknight1999's Build thread

IceKnight

I hear ya...

Well my dad always says you can never have to much light... So I have a 2 - 6" Lifetime LED light bars in the rear bumper, 1 - 10" Lifetime LED light bar in the front bumper, a 50" Lifetime LED light bar for the windshield, 2x2 LED windshield lights, and of course.... LED rock lights. :D

LIGHTS and more LIGHTS :cheesy:
He does say that quite often I guess now you can respond with if I had anymore light I might go blind.
Which 50" inch did you get straight or curved? and I'm looking forward to seeing all those on there. If you are going to be around town today, ill be taking the Jeep into work, you should swing on by.

LOL that's a good point!

I haven't bought the 50" yet... Mostly because I can't decide which one to get, the straight or curved... Plus I need to save up some more cash ;) lol

I'm thinking the curved though, for the wider light shot.

Oh damn I wish I was going to be in town! I have to go to the office, we have our chest freezers being delivered this afternoon.
If your bored tomorrow and want to take a drive in the Jeep... You know to help break it in, I'll be installing my replacement Rubi shocks. I grabbed those since mine need to be replaced. I'll probably start wiring up my secondary fuse/relay box.
Still have to get my lift... But that's another $1000 bucks I need to save up for. lol

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

IceKnight

Yeah I figured you where going to be up at the office today.

I would come out this weekend but I'm running the tractor for m & d.

Don't forget to pb lube those bolts tonight lol ;-)

Sent from my C811 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well since I swapped the rear bumper I needed to figure out a new 3rd brake light. So with that I set out to find a solution. I ended up buying the Delta LED lug nut light kit.

The kit itself is barely ok... honestly its way over priced for what you get. The lights didn't fit into the lug holes, the harness leads on the light side didn't fit through the lug holes either. :naw: So I had to customize the whole thing. They supply a 4' power lead and (t-tap) :thinking: I have no idea what they think you'd do with 4 feet of wire... You should never use a t-tap. So that went in the trash.

Basically I bought it for just the LED light parts in the end since I cut the harness up and made a custom one from it.

I started by cutting down the connector boot on one side so it fit into the hole. This on took only a few minutes and of course I forgot to take a picture of it.

I had to customize the LED themselves since they wouldn't fit into the lug holes

I had to grind the LED's down to fit into the holes, I used a Dremel to grind them down, you could do it by hand but you'll be there all day...

Once I was able to get them to fit, I made a custom hardness. I cut the factory rear tail light harness off and however I left it long enough so should I even have to reconnect it I can solder it back on easy enough.

Here's a few pics of the harness:

The LEDs are pretty bright. I'm glad I did it... but I'm giving strong consideration to building a kit and selling them. This kit could have been complete plug and play... and its not.

Last edited:

IceKnight

That came out really nice, and clean almost like you have ocd or something ;)

I know Curt trailer products makes a plug and play harness for towing lighting that simply plugs in between the factory taillight connection and the rear taillights. Of course you wouldn't need the indicators to work on a third brake light but getting the plug itself might be something cool, so the system just plugs in with no hassle.

hskr4x4

Well since I swapped the rear bumper I needed to figure out a new 3rd brake light. So with that I set out to find a solution. I ended up buying the Delta LED lug nut light kit.

The kit itself is barely ok... honestly its way over priced for what you get. The lights didn't fit into the lug holes, the harness leads on the light side didn't fit through the lug holes either. :naw: So I had to customize the whole thing. They supply a 4' power lead and (t-tap) :thinking: I have no idea what they think you'd do with 4 feet of wire... You should never use a t-tap. So that went in the trash.

Basically I bought it for just the LED light parts in the end since I cut the harness up and made a custom one from it.

I started by cutting down the connector boot on one side so it fit into the hole. This on took only a few minutes and of course I forgot to take a picture of it.

I had to customize the LED themselves since they wouldn't fit into the lug holes

I had to grind the LED's down to fit into the holes, I used a Dremel to grind them down, you could do it by hand but you'll be there all day...

Once I was able to get them to fit, I made a custom hardness. I cut the factory rear tail light harness off and however I left it long enough so should I even have to reconnect it I can solder it back on easy enough.

Here's a few pics of the harness:

The LEDs are pretty bright. I'm glad I did it... but I'm giving strong consideration to building a kit and selling them. This kit could have been complete plug and play... and its not.

Not to burst your bubble but here is the plug and play setup kit

http://66.147.244.94/~deltalig/?q=store#!/~/product/id=8733255

That came out really nice, and clean almost like you have ocd or something ;)

I know Curt trailer products makes a plug and play harness for towing lighting that simply plugs in between the factory taillight connection and the rear taillights. Of course you wouldn't need the indicators to work on a third brake light but getting the plug itself might be something cool, so the system just plugs in with no hassle.

I'm gonna try and see if I can buy the exact same factory connector so someone can just pop in the lights and plug it in. I had to cut this kit all up... it was dumb. :D

I'll see you tonight. Sprayed the bolts last night and I'm going to do it again when I get to the office. I'm bringing the winch along too. If the shocks only take a little while I'm going to at least try and get the winch mounted up... That sucker is heavy lol.

IceKnight

Glad everything went smoothly last night. First time for everything lol.

Glad everything went smoothly last night. First time for everything lol.

Right! Thanks for all the help last night!
Even a broken watch is right twice a day ;)

We managed to replace my shocks and mount my winch.

I'll post some better ones later...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398341971.256199.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398341971.256199.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
I finally was able to plug the holes in the tailgate from removing the stock tire bumpers. When I installed my ACE rear bumper and tire carrier I had to remove the rubber tire bumpers/stabilizers. Course doing so left the 2 holes there. So after some searching I found a good solution. I ended up using Tram 3/4 Flush antenna hole plugs. They are a very tight fit, but the seal the holes perfect. I bought mine off eBay for $6.95 for the pair.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398608452.341964.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398608468.437685.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398608483.963169.jpg

Here a link to the plugs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400393012240?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last edited:

NV375

Looks great. Way better than the duct tape I used on my 07. :thumbup:

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Finally was able to work on the fuse/relay panel... only to realize I was missing a few things that somehow along the way I just must of forgot to order. That or I'll find them in the pile of my Jeep stuff about 2 days after this next order shows up. lol :crazy eyes:

So needless to say hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the few missing parts and I can hopefully finish the relay box this weekend... because I'd really like to see my lights and winch working...

IceKnight

That's cool hopefully it'll be better than the one in the s2k

I hope so. I went with the blue top for the extra set of studs. I'm going to leave the stock electrical system stock and all the new stuff will be on the secondary set.

I've been crazy busy so I haven't had time to do much on the Jeep over the last month... but I had some time today to I draw out the wiring diagram for the secondary fuse/relay block. I figured someone on here might benefit from this so I figured I would just post it up.

I'll be doing a full write-up once I have it finished... but for those that have the time and need a wiring diagram... here ya go :) :beer:

IceKnight

Nice, I can't wait to see it all done.
What where you thinking of doing this weekend by the way?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom