darkknight1999's Build thread

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The s2k fiasco is the reason why I dumped Optima in the first place...not because 99% of the s2000 guys had dead batteries, but the way optima handled the issue, citing the ever favorite "user error."

BadApple

All my wire finally showed up. Now I can start to wire up my fuse/relay block, all my lights, equipment and accessories.

My fairlead license plate holder showed up today as well... but its not really that exciting... other than I'll be legal again this weekend. :D

Where did you order the wire from? I'm looking for different color wiring for my DIY sPod

The s2k fiasco is the reason why I dumped Optima in the first place...not because 99% of the s2000 guys had dead batteries, but the way optima handled the issue, citing the ever favorite "user error."

I'm hoping I have better luck with the Blue Top... Time will tell... :bored01:

Nice, I can't wait to see it all done.
What where you thinking of doing this weekend by the way?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got the doors off finally so I worked on that and the wiring... then honestly I just wanted to drive, doors off, roof open, sun blazing, wind blowing... and it was great :cool:

IceKnight

Good to see ya today, you planning on doing a build thread for that switch panel?

Sent from my C811 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good to see ya today, you planning on doing a build thread for that switch panel?

Sent from my C811 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

You too bro!

Yeah I started on it last night. If it's not raining this afternoon I'll fiberglass. Although the humidity is pretty high so it might have to wait a couple of days. We'll see... ;)

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok so in planning out my secondary fuse/relay box and the gear I have added or will be adding... I quickly came to the conclusion that A) The Daystar panel is a pile of garbage... and B) I bought a 4 switch panel and currently I have 6 switches to connect up. So even if the Daystar was better quality it still doesn't have enough switch space anyway.

Soooo.... that leads us down the road of where to put the switches... and of course I end up wanting to put them up in a place that doesn't really allow for it... well not yet at least.. hehehe :D

So I've decided to put them centered on the upper windshield trim, between the sun visor clips.

This is a work in progress, but in the end it will look factory. ;)

For now this is what we have going on... lol its ugly now but by the end of the week it won't be ;)

Last edited:

pvanweelden

^ hey! That's my motto! :D :thumbup:

I was going to say something about abs- I used to- years ago- make male/female molds for heated pressure molding abs- mainly for car audio door panel/kick panel pods- I thought about doing a mold for the diy spod, but it seemed like too much work as opposed to just cutting a hole and mounting the daystar with 5 switches :( I get a little lazy sometimes :(
Keep me posted on what you do. I still have an oven I made for plastic molding. It's 6 space heaters about the size of a conventional oven.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Excited to see how it turns out! Hopefully not through photobucket though....😉

Not through Photobucket? Can you not see the pictures? I have an unlimited account with them...

I'm in the process of setting up a server at my house, maybe I'll just start hosting them all myself :D

^ hey! That's my motto! :D :thumbup:

I was going to say something about abs- I used to- years ago- make male/female molds for heated pressure molding abs- mainly for car audio door panel/kick panel pods- I thought about doing a mold for the diy spod, but it seemed like too much work as opposed to just cutting a hole and mounting the daystar with 5 switches :( I get a little lazy sometimes :(
Keep me posted on what you do. I still have an oven I made for plastic molding. It's 6 space heaters about the size of a conventional oven.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

We need to talk about that then... I have a bunch of ideas that I'll be doing for myself..., but perhaps we can built something's together. :D

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to seeing the panel!

I have the Daystar panel. It's okay, but I don't have enough space for my switches either so I'm thinking of using a few single pole, single throw button like switches for my rock lights and accessory power receptacles that I'm planning to install between the front cup holder and my shifter. But I still need to build my spod first...

JKFlyer

That's awesome making ur own panel. I have driver pillar, passenger pillar and lower panel. Don't like passenger pillar BC hard to reach. This looks much better

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

sean.m.adams33

Not through Photobucket? Can you not see the pictures? I have an unlimited account with them...

I'm in the process of setting up a server at my house, maybe I'll just start hosting them all myself :D

From the mobile app it redirects you to the photobucket website when you click the picture.

Top Bottom