Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

boardsurfer

Good to know OMG is paved. Trail damage doesn't mention that.

Russell Gulch looks considerably longer based on the Trail Damage track. You sure you did the whole thing?

View attachment 231074

I have done the whole thing several times. It's a good time in the snow being relatively low risk so close to town. :) But that spot in the middle of your shot where the two trails join together? Theres a gate there the last few times I have gone out. There is some sort of active mining activity that has the whole back half of the trail fenced off. Even with the rest of the trail, it isnt exciting, trust me. :thumb:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I have done the whole thing several times. It's a good time in the snow being relatively low risk so close to town. :) But that spot in the middle of your shot where the two trails join together? Theres a gate there the last few times I have gone out. There is some sort of active mining activity that has the whole back half of the trail fenced off. Even with the rest of the trail, it isnt exciting, trust me. :thumb:

Hmm. Ill take a look at the trail list tomorrow and see if I can come up with suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

I am new here, forgive the intrusion... But have you guys decided on local for a run this weekend? I am looking for something to do if you have room for another jeep...

Hey, Welcome to Wayalife. Drop a post in the Give Us a Wave section so we can get to know you. we're always willing to add someone to the fam.

Now if we could just get H8ROADS to pull his head out we might have a run this weekend. :D

Jack I know you have some fresh mods that needs scratching. Lets get on with it.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Lolol. Yes we ARE wheeling saturday but not sure of the trail yet. Unless someone comes up with a solid suggestion I'll come up with something in the next day.

ravenmad

Saturday

Cumberland to Yankee looks good. Pickle Gulch is fun too. Or string it all together, Pickle - half of Kingston - Miners Gulch - Yankee. Pick something. I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Im in, just let me know were you all are going, were to meet, and what time to be there and I will make the drive up from Cascade...

ravenmad

Saturday

Done! Why dont we meet at the idaho springs safeway for a 9am departure, channel 38

I say we start cumberland and ride over to pickle /miners via yankee hill.

Sounds good to me, I will be there at 8:45... now, to change all the fluids in the HEEP today and chase down a new CB as the old one is now officially dead...

boardsurfer

I have a couple shots, didnt take very many today.

vTlDO6M.jpg

nr5EEVA.jpg

Had a real great time today and HUGE thanks to Ravenmad for being our secret weapon! Watching a Hemi powered JK on 40s plow through 3-4 foot drifts was quite a sight. That might have been the funnest off roading I've done.

(Is the image uploading still borked for anyone else, or just me?)

Top Bottom