Dubaibentzen's build of Iceberg

Dubaibentzen

Just stumbled upon this build. Looks great! Does the CC tire carrier just bolt up to the stock hinges for the tailgate, or did you have to drill holes?

Thanks.
Its a very easy install. No drilling in the car and bolt on everything using existing holes. Only thing you have to cut or grind is two original bolts and swap them with the two bigger bolts supplied for the bigger brackets.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464707451.416957.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464707464.715771.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464707476.786253.jpg
Had an extra key made yesterday. It came with only one, so it will be nice to have an extra. The guy had a cutter and programmer and did everything right on the spot. Only took about 20 minutes.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464707612.844264.jpg
Rear end EVO'ed. Bolt on D-rings and aluminum rear fascia. Also cut the frame with a sawzall to make it flush and finished with a grinder and a little spray paint.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464708063.897443.jpg
Rear end done. I'll paint the bottom of the white frame black later.

Car dropped off for a 1350 J.E.Reel Front Driveshaft install and general alignment steering, wheels balance, traction etc. Ready tomorrow afternoon.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464801110.328641.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464801128.710350.jpg
A hairdryer and some goo gone took care of the old Sahara sticker. Replaced it with an awesome WAYALIFE sticker. Looks way better!

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464806169.144360.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464806189.636395.jpg
Mounted the Crawlerconceptz license plate bracket. I like the position and look, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it there. I'm wondering about the easy of removing the spare tire. Seems like extra work every time I would have to take the spare off... Maybe it could be fixed with some quick disconnect type bolts or wingnuts...

Desertman

How will you deal with the inspection in Dubai. They are more strict than here in Qatar. We now are banned from non factory bumpers and offroad lights. But all this depends on who you are related to!

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 206085 View attachment 206086
Mounted the Crawlerconceptz license plate bracket. I like the position and look, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it there. I'm wondering about the easy of removing the spare tire. Seems like extra work every time I would have to take the spare off... Maybe it could be fixed with some quick disconnect type bolts or wingnuts...

I like the look of that bracket. I may have to look into that one.

Dubaibentzen

How will you deal with the inspection in Dubai. They are more strict than here in Qatar. We now are banned from non factory bumpers and offroad lights. But all this depends on who you are related to!

It's also quite a hassle here. I have kept my stock front and rear bumpers, and every year for renewal, I simply swap them. Once done and passed, I swap them back again. Annoying, but necessary.

BdugJK

Man your rig is looking awesome! Did you post any pictures of the top opened up and how you secured it? Or did I miss that in the thread somewhere? I saw one with it opened up but that was it.

Last edited:

Dubaibentzen

I like the look of that bracket. I may have to look into that one.

It's a good bracket. But it has a V-shaped edge that bolts on to the CC body mounted carrier. It came with the set. So I don't know how easy it will be to fit on another spare wheel, with out the matching CC V-shaped holder.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464853558.509747.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464853575.943076.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464853592.428325.jpg
Trying to work out a rotapax solution. Not easy. Would like to have something similar on the left side, but it would obstruct access to the door handle... Ideas anyone?

WJCO

Meme King
I think that long ones standing up look too big. Could you do something between the tire and the body horizontally? Or makes some mounts to put them on your new top?

Like this?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464853558.509747.jpg

Dubaibentzen

I think that long ones standing up look too big. Could you do something between the tire and the body horizontally? Or makes some mounts to put them on your new top?

Like this?

View attachment 206237

I like the graphics. Nice work :thumb: Unfortunately there is no room between the body and the tire. Maybe I could try and move the tire up a notch. The tire carrier has room for adjustments up and down, and there is one step available up. It will be a bit more of a struggle than it already is putting on the 37" tire, but I might give it a try and see if it frees enough space for the door handle on the drivers side. I would really like a gas can on each side. I just think it looks better. More symmetrical. I dont want to put them on the hard top.

Top Bottom