Dubaibentzen's build of Iceberg

Dubaibentzen

A few shots after cutting fenders and pinch seam.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465308508.537035.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465308567.643958.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465308626.434358.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465308664.539362.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465308695.317817.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465308597.780476.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465308597.780476.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 141

Napalm

Any particular reason you went without the stinger on the 1/4 pounder? Just curious.. Considering doing the same thing for my build.

Dubaibentzen, quick question for you! I love the way the fenders cane out! I noticed in the polar bear thread that you used a jigsaw to cut them did you go the same route this time around?

Dubaibentzen

Dubaibentzen, quick question for you! I love the way the fenders cane out! I noticed in the polar bear thread that you used a jigsaw to cut them did you go the same route this time around?

Yes same technique: mostly jigsaw. Then a dremel in the tight spots and finally a sawzall for the bigger stuff underneath. It's actually pretty easy once you get going. Inner fenders were just pulled with some brute force. The whole operation was over in less than 3 hrs.

Here's a photo of the excess stuff that was either cut or pulled away.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465318780.160684.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Any particular reason you went without the stinger on the 1/4 pounder? Just curious.. Considering doing the same thing for my build.

I think I will put on a stinger eventually at some stage, although I also like the look without. Maybe when I place the next order from ORE with some skins and sliders.

Yes same technique: mostly jigsaw. Then a dremel in the tight spots and finally a sawzall for the bigger stuff underneath. It's actually pretty easy once you get going. Inner fenders were just pulled with some brute force. The whole operation was over in less than 3 hrs.

Here's a photo of the excess stuff that was either cut or pulled away.
View attachment 207184

You kept the support brace underneath the front fenders and used a sawzall for that? Sounds pretty simple! Thank you!b

Dubaibentzen

You kept the support brace underneath the front fenders and used a sawzall for that? Sounds pretty simple! Thank you!b

Yup. And before I did it the first time on Polar Bear, I looked at a few YouTube videos. There's a link to a really good one somewhere in Polar Bears thread. And just draw a nice straight line to follow with a pencil or use some masking tape and you'll be fine. And even if it's not that straight, some Cowles Edge Trim will make a great finish.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466067911.050283.jpg
Organization added! Installed Springtail Solutions side rack with Molle panel today. Now I don't have to be worried about the Powertank rolling around. Easy bolt on and very strong. I got the passenger side version. Might be adding the driver side rack later if I need to fix more stuff.

Top Bottom