Evo bolt on coilover install

HDGasser

Back to the coilovers...

Can some one tell me what the hell all this extra hardware is for??

This is what's left over from doing the rear??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back to the coilovers...

They're there to mess with your head and make you feel like you've forgotten something :crazyeyes: :D

Seriously, the black long bolts were probably a mistake. The smaller zinc plated ones look like they are part of the upper bracket install but, assuming you have all the mounting holes covered, they are probably just extras. drew@offroadevolution or piginajeep can verify this.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Back to the coilovers...

Do you have the spacers in coilover mount at the rockstars? Is the bracket bolted through the side of the frame?(long black bolts)

If you have checked and everything is installed, then they sent extras by mistake.

HDGasser

They're there to mess with your head and make you feel like you've forgotten something :crazyeyes: :D

Seriously, the black long bolts were probably a mistake. The smaller zinc plated ones look like they are part of the upper bracket install but, assuming you have all the mounting holes covered, they are probably just extras. drew@offroadevolution or piginajeep can verify this.

No shit man!! I was like "ok, you gotta be kidding me!"

I know in the destructions it said you could remove the body mounts if I wanted so I think that's what the small zinc plated ones are for. I kept the mounts.

The long black ones aren't long enough to go thru the frame on the top re enforcement bracket. Already got a bolt there.

Kings came with spacers that were too small the ones in the bag from evo are what I used.

Just wanted to double check cause damn that's a lot of extra hardware! Like enough for a bracket somewhere

Here's a crappy pic of the CRC link with the CO's.

Plenty of room!

upnover

The black Allen head bolts are old hardware when king didn't ship the upper mounts attached to the c/o. The 4 x 5/16th grade 8 are for the flange mount that would go under the 07-11 body mounts, the 12 and up don't have the body mounts so you use those bolts in its place.

I had to call drew and ask because I didn't know too. The others I am not sure about. I didn't get the spacers in my package so I had to use washers on the bottom to make up the space.

HDGasser

The black Allen head bolts are old hardware when king didn't ship the upper mounts attached to the c/o. The 4 x 5/16th grade 8 are for the flange mount that would go under the 07-11 body mounts, the 12 and up don't have the body mounts so you use those bolts in its place.

I had to call drew and ask because I didn't know too. The others I am not sure about. I didn't get the spacers in my package so I had to use washers on the bottom to make up the space.

Makes sense now, thanks!

Yeah the kings had spacers zip tied to the bottom mounts but they were too small, evo thru in the right ones to make it fit nice n snug.

n8it

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out if I can make the EVO fronts work on my jeep. A 2 inch spacer is all I need for interferance clearance. I'm currently running 4.5 inch springs with 12 inch travel bilstein shocks that I have to use 3 inch spacers because of the shock's compressed length. I can gain 1 inch of up travel with new shocks. But that seems like a waste of $$ on shocks if I can put those $$ towards EVO coilovers.

If anyone has a chance, could you measure from the top of the frame to the top of the coilover tower? I removed the stock battery tray a long time ago and I wonder if I need to move my steel box up.

Dave

SFNick

So quick question. I skimmed over this thread but didn't see anything mentioned. Before I go ahead and modify this bracket. Has anyone heard of having to modify the lower shock bracket to work with a Dynatrac axle? Looks like I'll have to notch the bracket so that it will line up with the shock hole.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421349679.233169.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Why are you installing those with the dynatrac? The shock mounts on the dynatrac axle are already pushed out. You dont need those brackets with a dynatrac. Just bolt the coilovers right to the axle mounts.

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MICP3309

Long arms will NOT increase your flex, they simply help to correct your suspension geometry and by virtue of it, help provide a nicer ride. :rolleyes2:

I know this is from a few months back, but I was reading through today... I'm still on the newb train with the long vs. short arms. If the jeep is at the same ride height (say 4' lift), how does long vs. short arms help / change the geometry? ...... (as I was typing this I totally went :doh::doh: and realized your talking SUSPENSION GEOMETRY, and I'm thinking DRIVE-LINE GEOMETRY) :cheesy:

So now it is really just one question.. I assumed it would increase your downward travel? I am prolly over thinking this, but if both a LA and a SA are at the same angle from the frame, wouldn't the LA travel a farther downward distance? (see diagram) I am sure there is more to it than this.

Thanks in advance for helping me understand how this stuff works. :thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Long arms will NOT increase your flex, they simply help to correct your suspension geometry and by virtue of it, help provide a nicer ride. :rolleyes2:

I know this is from a few months back, but I was reading through today... I'm still on the newb train with the long vs. short arms. If the jeep is at the same ride height (say 4' lift), how does long vs. short arms help / change the geometry? ...... (as I was typing this I totally went :doh::doh: and realized your talking SUSPENSION GEOMETRY, and I'm thinking DRIVE-LINE GEOMETRY) :cheesy:

So now it is really just one question.. I assumed it would increase your downward travel? I am prolly over thinking this, but if both a LA and a SA are at the same angle from the frame, wouldn't the LA travel a farther downward distance? (see diagram) I am sure there is more to it than this.

Thanks in advance for helping me understand how this stuff works. :thumb:

No, your still limited by the shock length. Long arms are not mounted in the same location as the short arms

Top Bottom