Evo bolt on coilover install

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Oh okay. I just assumed the stop ring was preset. So I need to turn mine down. I'm a coilover virgin. Lol

Everyone who had them was at one time.

There is an oring between the stop rings. Turn the bottom one down to where you want it. I always go about half turn further than I want. Then move the top one up a few turns so you can get to oring. Move the oring down on top of the bottom one. I then turn the bottom one back up a half turn to make sure oring is seated (Ie why I go just past where I want it). Then turn the top one down to the bottom one, it's basically a "jam nut" setup.

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SFNick

Everyone who had them was at one time.

There is an oring between the stop rings. Turn the bottom one down to where you want it. I always go about half turn further than I want. Then move the top one up a few turns so you can get to oring. Move the oring down on top of the bottom one. I then turn the bottom one back up a half turn to make sure oring is seated (Ie why I go just past where I want it). Then turn the top one down to the bottom one, it's basically a "jam nut" setup.

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cool...... thanks for your help!

StrizzyChris

Did yours come with HD links? North Ridges product picture shows HD links. Just checking see if something changed. View attachment 119623

They have never came with the links in the picture(mine were of the first pre-sale batch). They may have(just guessing here) originally been thought to include them during the R&D stages but that must have changed at some point after the pic was taken and the kit actually was put together and shipped out.

SFNick

They have never came with the links in the picture(mine were of the first pre-sale batch). They may have(just guessing here) originally been thought to include them during the R&D stages but that must have changed at some point after the pic was taken and the kit actually was put together and shipped out.

No worries.... I haven't used a sway bar for a long time but figured since I have the new links I would put one back on.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Yup, this was the prototype kit, they changed the links before it went into production. Northridge needs to update the image

Trail JK

Hi all, I have a question on the front lower control arms. How many inches/threads or turns out should each side be?

Thanks for your help!

Trail JK

Hi all, I have a question on the front lower control arms. How many inches/threads or turns out should each side be?

Thanks for your help!

The Jeep is sitting high right now. We'll adjust it but let say at the above question at about 4 1/2 inches.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Thanks for your help!

The Jeep is sitting high right now. We'll adjust it but let say at the above question at about 4 1/2 inches.

It's just a little bit different for ever application. Do to the dyi front end alignment and it will show you how to adjust you caster to make sure it's right for you.

Last edited:

SFNick

Okay about to get the rear EVO bolt on coilovers to match the front but I have a problem I just thought about. I welded on a set of Synergy raised upper shock mounts for the rear & cut up the rear factory shock mount. Those that have the bolt on coilovers, do you think I could mount it to the Synergy mount? I'm going to call ORE tomorrow and see if I can just get the rear coilovers since I already have the rock stars & raised trackbar. Thanks for help.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424924552.205074.jpg

Okay about to get the rear EVO bolt on coilovers to match the front but I have a problem I just thought about. I welded on a set of Synergy raised upper shock mounts for the rear & cut up the rear factory shock mount. Those that have the bolt on coilovers, do you think I could mount it to the Synergy mount? I'm going to call ORE tomorrow and see if I can just get the rear coilovers since I already have the rock stars & raised trackbar. Thanks for help.

View attachment 127267

I'm not sure there will be enough room. The upper mounts slip over the top of the stock ones. I'd be interested to know what they say.

SFNick

I'm not sure there will be enough room. The upper mounts slip over the top of the stock ones. I'd be interested to know what they say.

That's what I was thinking. I am afraid that the synergy bracket won't clear the coilover &/or the swaybar will hit. Also it might affect the way The coilover operates with the different angle & raised location. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I'll post up when I do.

dchew

Caught the Bug
I too doubt there is enough room but I wonder if you can figure out a way just to mount directly to the synergy bracket. Note the kit has a relocation plate for the sway bar that moves it an inch or two.

I know you already have the rock stars, but the high clearance weld on lower mounts would give you just a little more flexibility on positioning the coil overs. You might want to discuss that option with them too. Or just get the EVO Lever!
:)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

View attachment 127267

It's going to change the shock travel, (loose wheel travel). Not to mention the shock and valving is designed to work where the Evo bracket is mounted.

SFNick

It's going to change the shock travel, (loose wheel travel). Not to mention the shock and valving is designed to work where the Evo bracket is mounted.

Okay thanks I figured it would screw up the way they designed it to work. Had a Email conversation with Drew today & he said it could possibly cause me to lose travel but it's hard to say. I guess I need to look into other options.

upnover

Can you still use the factory shock hole location and just cut the brackets off? To Evo bracket goes on top the existing shock mounting location.

Top Bottom