Evo bolt on coilover install

sitruc

So now it is really just one question.. I assumed it would increase your downward travel? I am prolly over thinking this, but if both a LA and a SA are at the same angle from the frame, wouldn't the LA travel a farther downward distance? (see diagram) I am sure there is more to it than this.

Thanks in advance for helping me understand how this stuff works. :thumb:

The downward travel would be limited buy shock length, brake line length, etc. What long arms do is change the arc of travel thus allowing the front tires to travel up and over an obstacle with greater ease than short arms.

Make sense? Or is it clear as mud?

MICP3309

No, your still limited by the shock length. Long arms are not mounted in the same location as the short arms

Right.. knew they were mounted farther back.. didn't think it through that you wouldn't get the full down-travel due to shocks! thanks!

What long arms do is change the arc of travel thus allowing the front tires to travel up and over an obstacle with greater ease than short arms.

Make sense? Or is it clear as mud?

(Clear as mus):cheesy::cheesy: I got it now, thanks guys! :thumb:

sparkymoffett

Best way LA's were explained to me.
Grab a wheelbarrow. Grip it near the actual container. Feel the bounce/stiffness
Now grab it way back on the handles. smoother ride.

SFNick

Why are you installing those with the dynatrac? The shock mounts on the dynatrac axle are already pushed out. You dont need those brackets with a dynatrac. Just bolt the coilovers right to the axle mounts.

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well shit, that's saved a lot of time. Lol

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Well shit, that's saved a lot of time. Lol

Lol yes. The whole purpose of those brackets is to push the cos away from frame so they dont rub. Your dynatrac already has them pushed out. Bolt on and go.

SFNick

Lol yes. The whole purpose of those brackets is to push the cos away from frame so they dont rub. Your dynatrac already has them pushed out. Bolt on and go.

Thanks for your help. I didn't even think about that. It's beautiful! Lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421372666.982830.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Lol indeed. .. looks good

You forgot to put the second strap on the reservoir. It goes around the brake line bracket. It looks like you used your existing brake lines. I'd at least try to find a way to secure the reservoir with two clamps so it doesn't vibrate loose

SFNick

Lol indeed. .. looks good

You forgot to put the second strap on the reservoir. It goes around the brake line bracket. It looks like you used your existing brake lines. I'd at least try to find a way to secure the reservoir with two clamps so it doesn't vibrate loose

Yeah, I'm working on that as we speak. Was going to keep the old brake lines but they look like crap. So I'll probably just switch them out with the ones in the kit & use the supplied bracket.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
They come with normal non adjustable but much longer links. I had issues with front ones coming loose so I bought hd links.

As for timing rings, they are the two silver adjusters that are about half way up your upper spring on the shock body. You need to turn them down until they are about 1/2" above the slider when at ride height.

SFNick

They come with normal non adjustable but much longer links. I had issues with front ones coming loose so I bought hd links.

As for timing rings, they are the two silver adjusters that are about half way up your upper spring on the shock body. You need to turn them down until they are about 1/2" above the slider when at ride height.

Oh okay. I just assumed the stop ring was preset. So I need to turn mine down. I'm a coilover virgin. Lol

Top Bottom