Fifty Build Thread

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
That's what I've been thinking, but I'd have to sell my hardtop to offset the cost. I was thinking I'd run the hardtop in the cold weather and switch out to the NX in the warm weather. I have to debate whether to sell the hardtop and just run soft top year round. But if the twill top is really quiet and insulated, I'm not sure I'd really miss the hardtop! Plus the lifetime warranty means I shouldn't have to replace the top every 3-5 years.

I wish I could find someone local running it and that would probably be the deciding factor for me. Anyway, sorry to derail your thread. Thanks for the info guys!

Redrubi1

That's what I've been thinking, but I'd have to sell my hardtop to offset the cost. I was thinking I'd run the hardtop in the cold weather and switch out to the NX in the warm weather. I have to debate whether to sell the hardtop and just run soft top year round. But if the twill top is really quiet and insulated, I'm not sure I'd really miss the hardtop! Plus the lifetime warranty means I shouldn't have to replace the top every 3-5 years.

I wish I could find someone local running it and that would probably be the deciding factor for me. Anyway, sorry to derail your thread. Thanks for the info guys!

I'm in Texas so not a good person to ask about this but know a lot of Jeepers who only have a soft top only in IA, MN.

Exodus 4x4

So I'm driving back from my buddies house after picking up my new Adams front and rear driveshafts, when I spot a guy loading up an anvil colored jku that looks very familiar. Pull in his drive and sure enough its Fifty! This thing is a BEAST for sure! I was star-struck, like I just met a movie star! It certainly is a small world and hopefully I'll get to follow it down some trails soon. Have fun in Moab! Maybe next year we'll get to tag along.

Redrubi1

So I'm driving back from my buddies house after picking up my new Adams front and rear driveshafts, when I spot a guy loading up an anvil colored jku that looks very familiar. Pull in his drive and sure enough its Fifty! This thing is a BEAST for sure! I was star-struck, like I just met a movie star! It certainly is a small world and hopefully I'll get to follow it down some trails soon. Have fun in Moab! Maybe next year we'll get to tag along.

Its a small world indeed and it was a pleasure meeting a local Wayalifer. Good luck with you driveshaft install and I hope to wheel with you and your buddies soon.

Redrubi1

I put on a 102" whip antenna and of course she won't fit in the garage, parking garages etc so I made a clip to hold it down to the door surrounds on the TrekTop. I've seen people tie them down but never really liked that idea. We shall see how it holds up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427329732.184941.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427329753.237747.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427329767.250919.jpg

Last edited:

Im in Ky and ran this winter (which was a damn blizzard) with my trektop NX. Sold my hard top prior to, and havent missed it one bit.

Anvillian

are you running a third break light? i know it isn't a requirement in texas and with no spare tire im looking for ideas

StrizzyChris

I was just saying the other day how its nearly impossible to keep up with all of the build threads. I really only check in on the WAL "regulars" threads for that reason. But DAMN this thing is sexy!

View attachment 118008
Front JK Synergy roll cage thus far....

Does the elevated height of the dash bar bother you at all? I would imagine that any short people like my wide, would have a hard time looking out over it and partially blocked view.

View attachment 124336 Since it's grey she named it "50" as in...shades. I'm not sure what kind of Jeeping omens this may portend but today is the first day to drive a functional Jeep. It is also the first day 50 Shades of Grey opens and, of course, it's Friday the 13th........

Did she have whips and chains in the back? Maybe she was expecting a different kind of christening :brows:

Redrubi1

I was just saying the other day how its nearly impossible to keep up with all of the build threads. I really only check in on the WAL "regulars" threads for that reason. But DAMN this thing is sexy!

Does the elevated height of the dash bar bother you at all? I would imagine that any short people like my wide, would have a hard time looking out over it and partially blocked view.

Did she have whips and chains in the back? Maybe she was expecting a different kind of christening :brows:
It did block my view a little as did the TOTL hood so I placed a 1 inch aluminum puck plate under all the seat mounts to raise the seat a little and this solved the issue.
As to my wife, Chris, you nailed it right on the head so to speak:brows:

WIKD 281

Have you adjusted the ride height at all? It looks like from when you first got it back the rig has settled or you wanted a lower center of gravity? What is your rear frame height off the ground? Looks like you got it dialed in now! Are you going to Easter jeep safari?
Thank you!
Harold

Top Bottom