Hinrichs 2.0

Only update is got my slightly used dynomax evolution competition system installed last night.

I will have to say with the poison spider evap skid....it was a pain, had to trim part of the skid which I plan to eventually weld the hanger to it I think. Just for a little extra reinforcement.

I just used a strap hanger and clamp. The strap goes over cross-member. No skid modification or welding needed. I would grab a picture but I think its too late for you to benefit from it. :doh:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I just used a strap hanger and clamp. The strap goes over cross-member. No skid modification or welding needed. I would grab a picture but I think its too late for you to benefit from it. :doh:

should have thought of that last night, but it was getting dark and I just wanted to finish the install since I got delayed when my AC decided it didnt want to work in the house anymore :mad:. I didnt have to cut much tho, more or less trim to make the hanger itself fit under the skid.

mackey

Only update is got my slightly used dynomax evolution competition system installed last night.

I will have to say with the poison spider evap skid....it was a pain, had to trim part of the skid which I plan to eventually weld the hanger to it I think. Just for a little extra reinforcement. Oh and also had no problems with the evap clips the first time pulling them, yeah broke both last night lol.

View attachment 163190

Also wish I would have not waited and ordered the new corners Monday, cuz I won't have them till Wednesday now :doh:

I have the same set up and had the same problem. I had to zip tie final part of the exhaust on until a bracket could be welded.

I also broke the clips on the evap skid. The auto parts store had them in a variety pack. I think I have the part number if u need it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Went to do the brake lines finally cuz a friend came over....yeah ordering a new set tomorrow.

One had bad threads so we decided to stop at that point, and the rear are a little shorter than the fronts so we quit.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Having my local shop/friend ordering my lines from Clayton, they are good up to a 5" lift. Hope they are long enough.

noroad

Brake lines jim? I would just get them from evo not that much and will be the right ones my 4.5 inch lift ones dont work because of the amount of drop.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Brake lines jim? I would just get them from evo not that much and will be the right ones my 4.5 inch lift ones dont work because of the amount of drop.

Just trying to have some for this weekend but guess that wont happen :grayno:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Just trying to have some for this weekend but guess that wont happen :grayno:

Just a thought, not sure what's around you but I found a local hydraulic shop in my small town that made custom brakelines while I waited for $15 each. They are really nice quality too. Maybe you could find the same type of place.

bkac

Caught the Bug
And one more thing. I have a set of the evo lines in my garage that came with my coilover kit I can measure for you of needed. :thumbup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the tip, I'll be running to the local shop at lunch, hope they are cheap.

I had steve check on the line length and measured they are 27". Im glad I didnt order the ones from my buddy cuz he checked and said they are only 24" which is what I had laying around from a set I never installed on the 2 door.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the tip, I'll be running to the local shop at lunch, hope they are cheap.

I had steve check on the line length and measured they are 27". Im glad I didnt order the ones from my buddy cuz he checked and said they are only 24" which is what I had laying around from a set I never installed on the 2 door.

Sounds like you are on it! If I can help just let me know! Good luck

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Sounds like you are on it! If I can help just let me know! Good luck

Just stopped over at the local shop, which they buy a lot from us at work so maybe I will get a deal, but anything is better having it today depending than waiting another week.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Wow, are the gold?

Damn it. Thats crazy. Better keep ur money.

I was surprised since they buy from us and we use them a lot. Guy explained he does have the banjo end but only in straights. He would have to bend that, cut to the correct length, then silver solder it into the hose end to match what I took. He said its just time consuming which is why the price is so high. I am sure it would almost be kind of worth it for the high quality, but still thats a crazy price.

I ended up calling Drew and ordered a set which will ship today. Also have a new track bar coming as well since I have the normal style which will be up for grabs shortly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom