Hinrichs build

hunterbilt

So your truck actually intrigues me, but I've never understood a truck slammed that low to the ground. I live in south Texas and I don't see many like this. Most of the trucks in my area have a minimum of a 6" lift. From an owners point of view what mad you buy this one? Ive never met anyone with one so Ive never had the chance to ask anyone.

noroad

hey jim do you have to get new directions when a speed bump comes up or did you move the winch over lol haha looks good man!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Still waiting to take the jeep to a shop for the body damage but I do now have a spare hood to mess with since I can't use the one I bought for the insurance so I may end up doing the louver for fun.

Been working on my truck however since the jeep basically sits or goes to work once and a while. Think it turned out good for minor work and the "$50 dollar paint job" Went with a work tuck theme for now, still have the 22s but they are bent and all of them leak sadly

Before

View attachment 88934

After

View attachment 88935

That looks great!! I say clean the wheels you have to get rid of the rust or find ones in better shape and leave it. I like the complete old school look. And that rack is sweet!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So your truck actually intrigues me, but I've never understood a truck slammed that low to the ground. I live in south Texas and I don't see many like this. Most of the trucks in my area have a minimum of a 6" lift. From an owners point of view what mad you buy this one? Ive never met anyone with one so Ive never had the chance to ask anyone.

Well its actually bagged, so it lifts a decent amount actually, plus its just easier to lead down lower. Also bought this as a project and I tend to enjoy owning vehicles that are not exactly practical like my jeep lol.

The truck came out great Jim!

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks steve

truck looked better before Jim. :bleh::cheesy:

yeah should have kept the ghetto theme going

Nice rack :thumb:

I just love my women with big racks :shock:

That looks great!! I say clean the wheels you have to get rid of the rust or find ones in better shape and leave it. I like the complete old school look. And that rack is sweet!

I plan to paint them and then throw on the beauty rings after I find 2 more. Forgot to ask the guy for his stack of them when I grabbed the wheels and I was in a rush to get them on so that's why they are still dirty. Yeah I am happy with the look it has now.

No spinna wheels? :idontknow:

I didn't want to be that awesome :doh:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Nothing new on the jeep, havnt really even been driving it.

Visiting my parents pic

Attachments

• image-3245449445.jpg
    image-3245449445.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 361

KingCopperhead

Slowly wading my way through this enormous thread.
Awesome Jeep man, your build follows a lot of my long term plans, so I'll be scouring the thread for info, and inspiration. Haven't seen too many 2 door builds, especially East coast builds so it's all especially interesting to me since I plan to wheel similar terrain to where you run, namely, Rausch Creek.

Btw, thanks again for the info in the protek skid thread that I posted a few days ago.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Slowly wading my way through this enormous thread.
Awesome Jeep man, your build follows a lot of my long term plans, so I'll be scouring the thread for info, and inspiration. Haven't seen too many 2 door builds, especially East coast builds so it's all especially interesting to me since I plan to wheel similar terrain to where you run, namely, Rausch Creek.

Btw, thanks again for the info in the protek skid thread that I posted a few days ago.

If you have any more questions let me know. I am glad I got the skids, but never needed them yet. Like I said my first few times out I was stock and hit everything, then got 35s and that all stopped along with the 2.5 lift. Then 37s made it even easier, but thought it was smart to just order them. I was worried more about the oil pan than anything.

KingCopperhead

If you have any more questions let me know. I am glad I got the skids, but never needed them yet. Like I said my first few times out I was stock and hit everything, then got 35s and that all stopped along with the 2.5 lift. Then 37s made it even easier, but thought it was smart to just order them. I was worried more about the oil pan than anything.

Good deal, I'm sure I'll pick your brain again at some point for advice. I appreciate the help. I actually skipped the evo skid system and ordered a winch, and evo c gussets. I figured with a 3" lift and 35s I'll be ok for now as long as I'm careful. Wanted to get my recovery gear set up and beef up that D30. As per your advice, I'll be saving for the inevitable drive shaft fix lol.

How's Rausch this summer? Can't wait to get out there and play.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good deal, I'm sure I'll pick your brain again at some point for advice. I appreciate the help. I actually skipped the evo skid system and ordered a winch, and evo c gussets. I figured with a 3" lift and 35s I'll be ok for now as long as I'm careful. Wanted to get my recovery gear set up and beef up that D30. As per your advice, I'll be saving for the inevitable drive shaft fix lol.

How's Rausch this summer? Can't wait to get out there and play.

You should be fine, just don't go crazy airing down. Last time I actually "used" some of my skids I aired down to around 5psi and had a rear stem leaking so I was at around 0 when I finally noticed lol. Winch is always good to have even if you don't need it much, someone always gets stuck somehow. I went with the tf spacers for a while and still have them for the exhaust, even thought I got a new front shaft just incase. Stock one was fine and I feel would have been for a while.

Right now I just have some issue with a bearing or something so I havnt been wheeling it at all.

KingCopperhead

You should be fine, just don't go crazy airing down. Last time I actually "used" some of my skids I aired down to around 5psi and had a rear stem leaking so I was at around 0 when I finally noticed lol. Winch is always good to have even if you don't need it much, someone always gets stuck somehow. I went with the tf spacers for a while and still have them for the exhaust, even thought I got a new front shaft just incase. Stock one was fine and I feel would have been for a while.

Right now I just have some issue with a bearing or something so I havnt been wheeling it at all.

I figured a winch would be a good investment. Went with the engo 9k with synthetic line. I plan to air down to 10-15 psi. No bead locks here (yet) friend of mine has a compressor so we should be OK if I go too low. I have the TF spacers installed, on the rti ramp I had no contact with the ds, the mopar lift has limit straps front and rear. We will see how I do in a real world situation. Appreciate the tips on RC, of you have your bearing issue fixed by the end of August shoot me a Pm and maybe we'll see ya down there.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I figured a winch would be a good investment. Went with the engo 9k with synthetic line. I plan to air down to 10-15 psi. No bead locks here (yet) friend of mine has a compressor so we should be OK if I go too low. I have the TF spacers installed, on the rti ramp I had no contact with the ds, the mopar lift has limit straps front and rear. We will see how I do in a real world situation. Appreciate the tips on RC, of you have your bearing issue fixed by the end of August shoot me a Pm and maybe we'll see ya down there.

They have a air station at rausch as well so no need to worry.

Yeah I hope to finally get it to a shop soon.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
From yesterday getting 3 of Steve's tires, now to grab the other 2

They also make a good cat tree

Attachments

• image-3563523600.jpg
    image-3563523600.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 371
  • image-320711381.jpg
    image-320711381.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 369
Top Bottom