Hinrichs build

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Did you recently order the skins? I looked online today and noticed they have a new design that goes all the way down the fender to the rock skins....I like the old design and want to get a set but didnt see them online.....

No he has had these sitting around for almost a year now and just recently installed them

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Correct, ordered the skins over a year ago and didnt feel like installing them due to not working how I wanted with the genright, then I finally install them right when they finally make an actual 2 door corner :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

hbkid22

No he has had these sitting around for almost a year now and just recently installed them

Does ORE still make the old ones? I am not to fond of the new ones as I wont be adding the rock skins.....Sorry to go off topic on your thread Hinrich.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Does ORE still make the old ones? I am not to fond of the new ones as I wont be adding the rock skins.....Sorry to go off topic on your thread Hinrich.

Oh yea! They just classify them as 4 door corners now but you can still run them on your 2 door.

Recurve

pm sent

I have some "big" plans for this one eventually, maybe rb or 1-2j swap eventually or ls. More or less want it to be my like old e46 when I gave up on race mods and sold it.

Nice. Yeah I have a friend who has a ls1 in a s13 , thing rolls out.
I would go for a 1j ... They sound so nasty.
Also cool your going with evo carrier!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Nice. Yeah I have a friend who has a ls1 in a s13 , thing rolls out.
I would go for a 1j ... They sound so nasty.
Also cool your going with evo carrier!

Ill be happy with the stock s52 for a while I feel, ordered an exhaust the other day so itll finally sound decenent untill I get headers which will help even more. Planning on a super agressive street stance as well which should make it fun. For racing it doesnt really matter anyway now since the motor was swapped so I will always be in a harder class.

Yeah went with the evo finally, may eventually swap skins since the pattern is the same on the full 2 door, but hoping for just a plate that connects them rather than a whole nother set cuz I would rather be able to pull parts if needed.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Got an email today, looks like the carrier may have shipped out. Next week should be fun. Corners are already starting to re-rust badly, I hate the NE :icon_crazy:

KingCopperhead

At least it'll be above 30 degrees for when you repaint. Maybe throw some por15 on the skins then paint over it. Not sure what kind of texture you'd get out of that though. East coast weather sucks man. Soon as it gets warm I have to repaint my c gussets axle skids and rock sliders.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Carrier showed up today, it was raining so I didn't get to install it, plus I am redoing my downstairs living room so I dunno when it'll get installed sadly.

Thinking about buying the alum corners and rocker skins as my rockers are thrashed from rust now

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Are the johnny joints supposed to be really hard to thread into the carrier?

Hmm gues they are....

Well the carrier will be installed on saturday when Andrew and Julie come down to pick up the genright carrier. Going to try and get it painted if the weather allows so I dont get more rust....lol who am I kidding my jeep is half rust now :eek:

noroad

Hmm gues they are....

Well the carrier will be installed on saturday when Andrew and Julie come down to pick up the genright carrier. Going to try and get it painted if the weather allows so I dont get more rust....lol who am I kidding my jeep is half rust now :eek:

yaaaa :rock:

and i hear you on the rust!!

Top Bottom