Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Loosen your hinge bolts, open the carrier and lift it on top of the tabs (just like your closing it two inch to high) tighten the hinge bolts that should line up the height with the spare on, if the pin bolts are off front to back have some lift hard on the very back while you tighten the hinge bolts

Did that the other day, going to redo that a little higher so it ligns up perfectly but its close.

Hard to close or hard to get the JJ in the brackets? Or something else?

Hard to get the joints into the brackets which is the main issue, the brackets may be off slightly, but its almsot like they are too wide for the bracket itself.

JAGS

Hooked
Did that the other day, going to redo that a little higher so it ligns up perfectly but its close.

Hard to get the joints into the brackets which is the main issue, the brackets may be off slightly, but its almsot like they are too wide for the bracket itself.

Did you try loosening the nuts on the passenger side and adjusting the JJs in or out as necessary.

Maybe post a pic of what you are experiencing. I'm sure we can help get this resolved for you. 👍

SFNick

Well, I'm probably not the best one to give advice on adjusting that EVO carrier because I've been driving around for almost 1.5 years with it & just now got it set to were I didn't have to lift to get it to close. But the best way for me was to run the bottom Johnny Joint on the passenger(hinge Side for me) out with around 10-11 threads showing & the top Johnny Joint with about 5 threads showing. It worked for me.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428085592.490580.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Need to pull and paint the corners and carrier again, or just do it in place unless I find the time and a local shop to do powder...at which point I think Ill have it all black to make my life easier than keeping the white looking good.

Been super lazy however with the jeep, just been sitting protecting the house recently. I still havnt even wired up the license plate light :doh:.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Lol not all of my time, gonna pull the jeep in the garage tonight and actually work on it.

Over the weekend ended up doing some exhaust reinforcing with a skid plate on my friends Miata which looked funny next to the jeep.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430915151.197795.jpg

big dr

I concur on two points,,, 1) white tire carrier looks bad ass. 2) Red miata dose look silly. I bet he doesn't go topless too much during the winter;)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I like the white carrier , but I do agree its probably a pain to keep it looking clean.

I did do a real quick paint job on it, but the rust water lines actually look cool on it so far, but to hide wiring and such black just makes more sense to me so ill prolly spray it again this weekend if I can remember to do it.

I concur on two points,,, 1) white tire carrier looks bad ass. 2) Red miata dose look silly. I bet he doesn't go topless too much during the winter;)

Thanks. I dont think he drives it much at all. Said the exhaust only had 500 miles on it since it was installed lol.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Got tired of the white and not being able to drive at night cuz I never hooked up the plate light after pulling the genright carrier.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431799177.590826.jpg

Top Bottom