I'm Baddasserer Than Everyone

modman86

Wait, so you're a vendor, but not an approved vendor? :thinking:

No vendor as of yet. I want to have the product approved and out before I go any further. Not selling anything here. Of course if I had a cool Jeep product ready in hand to sell, I'd ask Eddie to become a vendor. Will take time for the patent search and approval, then comes the prototype. I'm feeling confident the ideas I have are going to be pretty big so if some of the ideas come through, hee hee, I'll remember to thank you guys! really!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
No vendor as of yet. I want to have the product approved and out before I go any further. Not selling anything here. Of course if I had a cool Jeep product ready in hand to sell, I'd ask Eddie to become a vendor. Will take time for the patent search and approval, then comes the prototype. I'm feeling confident the ideas I have are going to be pretty big so if some of the ideas come through, hee hee, I'll remember to thank you guys! really!

Somebody is already making those "big nuts" you hang off the back

modman86

Let's hear some of these ideas and game changing products you have created.

Come on really? If it's an idea worth patenting, why would I tell the world what I'm building? IF the patent goes through, I promise I will let you guys know what it is. I have to protect the idea first. It takes time to do patents. It's time consuming and expensive but worth it if the idea is not out on the market. Let's hope for the best. If all goes well, I'll then get back and show what the product will be. You gotta be patient, I'm not patient but I know well this process takes several months. If you remember the Spider lite, the product that won a SEMA award, that was my invention I sent to the manufacturer as well as many automotive leds I prototyped back late 90's. When I get involved with a hobby or what ever I see that can be improved on, I get a ton of ideas in my head. This is the kind of stuff I enjoy doing. This world needs better built parts.

Scrambler

Come on really? If it's an idea worth patenting, why would I tell the world what I'm building? IF the patent goes through, I promise I will let you guys know what it is. I have to protect the idea first. It takes time to do patents. It's time consuming and expensive but worth it if the idea is not out on the market. Let's hope for the best. If all goes well, I'll then get back and show what the product will be. You gotta be patient, I'm not patient but I know well this process takes several months. If you remember the Spider lite, the product that won a SEMA award, that was my invention I sent to the manufacturer as well as many automotive leds I prototyped back late 90's. When I get involved with a hobby or what ever I see that can be improved on, I get a ton of ideas in my head. This is the kind of stuff I enjoy doing. This world needs better built parts.

Fair enough, but the key word was "created". Not sure what a spider light is. How about some more insider information on the Jeep truck?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Good lord. Where the hell do these guys come from? I mean, GREAT if you actually follow through with any of the bullshit you're talking about. This reminds me of the time an unnamed member was posting about these badass sliders he was going to fab that were way better than EVO's. Why don't you shut the fuck up and show us with your actions? I'd be willing to bet none of this ever comes to fruition. Any takers?

modman86

^^ Well aren't you a live one. So much of what you said is, well, laughable but since you are clearly a badass and a "modman", I won't waste much of my breath on you. I will say this though, the vast majority of the time death wobble is caused by someone who (1) doesn't properly modify their Jeep, or (2) doesn't know how to properly maintain their Jeep. In any event, it's not that common

Your'e absolutly right, but really majority of the Jeep owners are not loosening their bolts to see how oblong the bracket holes are. Just tightening it isn't the cure. Sure it's not a common thing if you're not wheeling hard. I had to learn this the hard way. Even after tightening, the holes were becoming oblong. I had cut off and upgraded and welded 1/4" and some areas 3/8" brackets to beef it up. It sure did a huge difference. My jeep is a whole lot more quiet, no clunks, squeeks whatsoever and that's after some good wheelin. I'm very new to owning a Wrangler but however I learn very fast about these vehicles from trial and error. I am focusing hard on making better parts for these vehicles only because it's a hot vehicle on the market that gets wheeled hard and people want better built parts. When ever I see issues, I want to correct and build a much better part. Don't we all? What I can say is be patient, I'm not patient myself as I want the parts for my own Jeep but I'm certain, the parts would be a worthwhile investment. I'm not talking trinkets accessories but ones that people would be saying "why didn't anyone come out with that?" better, stronger, built with ingenuity. Yeah it's all talk for now but trust me, it's in my heart to have them out on the market. I have helped Smittybilt on their front roll bar cage for a revision, even talked to Currie about the improvement on their Anti Rock rear sway bar. They knew what I was talking about as far as the issue goes. This is just a drop in the bucket of ideas in my head but bottom line, that's why I call myself Modman. Yeah people can joke about it for now but I'm just going to enjoy it more in the end!

Sgt_USMC

I did a quick search and the product I found that has that name was awarded in a group of 115 awards at Sema in 2004 for new products.14 years to get a product to market? Something sounds a bit odd there.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Your'e absolutly right, but really majority of the Jeep owners are not loosening their bolts to see how oblong the bracket holes are. Just tightening it isn't the cure. Sure it's not a common thing if you're not wheeling hard. I had to learn this the hard way. Even after tightening, the holes were becoming oblong. I had cut off and upgraded and welded 1/4" and some areas 3/8" brackets to beef it up. It sure did a huge difference. My jeep is a whole lot more quiet, no clunks, squeeks whatsoever and that's after some good wheelin. I'm very new to owning a Wrangler but however I learn very fast about these vehicles from trial and error. I am focusing hard on making better parts for these vehicles only because it's a hot vehicle on the market that gets wheeled hard and people want better built parts. When ever I see issues, I want to correct and build a much better part. Don't we all? What I can say is be patient, I'm not patient myself as I want the parts for my own Jeep but I'm certain, the parts would be a worthwhile investment. I'm not talking trinkets accessories but ones that people would be saying "why didn't anyone come out with that?" better, stronger, built with ingenuity. Yeah it's all talk for now but trust me, it's in my heart to have them out on the market. I have helped Smittybilt on their front roll bar cage for a revision, even talked to Currie about the improvement on their Anti Rock rear sway bar. They knew what I was talking about as far as the issue goes. This is just a drop in the bucket of ideas in my head but bottom line, that's why I call myself Modman. Yeah people can joke about it for now but I'm just going to enjoy it more in the end!

Well at least you admit it's all talk.

modman86

Good lord. Where the hell do these guys come from? I mean, GREAT if you actually follow through with any of the bullshit you're talking about. This reminds me of the time an unnamed member was posting about these badass sliders he was going to fab that were way better than EVO's. Why don't you shut the fuck up and show us with your actions? I'd be willing to bet none of this ever comes to fruition. Any takers?

Fair enough,but if I shut the fuck up, you'll be the last one to know about anything and perhaps you can do something that can benefit me? Do you know good suppliers for raw materials, know about patent search?, how much money needed for coming out with any single product? If you have that experience, share with me. I've done it but still need help. I have a small team helping me so it's looking hopeful. That's about as much as I can say for the meantime. I can see someone talking about some badass sliders and perhaps may have a good idea but without funds, it isn't going to happen. I've been there a few times and it sucks always the wrong moment. I have put aside some funds prepared to pay patent fees. Trust me it hurts when you pay for search and it goes dead. I have been there before. Many people have ideas but without funds, you got nothing. This is the majority of peoples issue, not having funds. I do agree it's easy to talk about it but I have actually built some products that are in our market. Small or large, I have put some products on the market. Mostly LED products but that isn't my focus now. Car parts is on my big list. For example, non car related, I produced the Tag kart Starter with the unique double bearing design to not have premature bearing wear. IAME 125 TAG. If yoiu go to Tag USA.com, you can see my starter "Eclipse" brand is the only one approved for circuit use. No big invention but just saying I come up with many ideas for improvements whenever I can find it. Yes you can believe what you wish. I really want to put the ideas I have on the market so badly but will take time and a lot of money. Some I may have to sell to manufacturers like I did in the past and some I can afford to put out.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Fair enough,but if I shut the fuck up, you'll be the last one to know about anything and perhaps you can do something that can benefit me? Do you know good suppliers for raw materials, know about patent search?, how much money needed for coming out with any single product? If you have that experience, share with me. I've done it but still need help. I have a small team helping me so it's looking hopeful. That's about as much as I can say for the meantime. I can see someone talking about some badass sliders and perhaps may have a good idea but without funds, it isn't going to happen. I've been there a few times and it sucks always the wrong moment. I have put aside some funds prepared to pay patent fees. Trust me it hurts when you pay for search and it goes dead. I have been there before. Many people have ideas but without funds, you got nothing. This is the majority of peoples issue, not having funds. I do agree it's easy to talk about it but I have actually built some products that are in our market. Small or large, I have put some products on the market. Mostly LED products but that isn't my focus now. Car parts is on my big list. For example, non car related, I produced the Tag kart Starter with the unique double bearing design to not have premature bearing wear. IAME 125 TAG. If yoiu go to Tag USA.com, you can see my starter "Eclipse" brand is the only one approved for circuit use. No big invention but just saying I come up with many ideas for improvements whenever I can find it. Yes you can believe what you wish. I really want to put the ideas I have on the market so badly but will take time and a lot of money. Some I may have to sell to manufacturers like I did in the past and some I can afford to put out.

Yea I can't help you. I'm not nearly as badass. But since you have so much experience and stated we probably already have your stuff on our Jeeps, it's surprising you need any help from us at all.

modman86

Well at least you admit it's all talk.

I 100% totally agree it's all talk til it happens. I kick myself in the ass when I'm late to come out with the idea and I see it on the market years later. I told myself I have to make the products happen soon. The issue I have and I will admit, I work 6 days a week and work long hours so when I get home, I eat then crash. Repeat and start all over again. I hate it, I truly feel like I'm loosing energy. Just recently I hired two people to help me on this project due to my lack of time. I honestly really want this product to go through, I truly feel at least one of the product will be revolutionary, I bet everything on it. I wish I could say it but it will kill me. I don't want to continue all this talk. I need to get on it and the sooner I check, if the patents are available for me, it's on. Honestly you guys feed fire to me and it pushes me harder to get the project going.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I 100% totally agree it's all talk til it happens. I kick myself in the ass when I'm late to come out with the idea and I see it on the market years later. I told myself I have to make the products happen soon. The issue I have and I will admit, I work 6 days a week and work long hours so when I get home, I eat then crash. Repeat and start all over again. I hate it, I truly feel like I'm loosing energy. Just recently I hired two people to help me on this project due to my lack of time. I honestly really want this product to go through, I truly feel at least one of the product will be revolutionary, I bet everything on it. I wish I could say it but it will kill me. I don't want to continue all this talk. I need to get on it and the sooner I check, if the patents are available for me, it's on. Honestly you guys feed fire to me and it pushes me harder to get the project going.

Dude I totally know what you're talking about. I mean, when Jeep came out with the JK I was like "fuck!" "They stole my idea!" Seriously though man, we've seen plenty of people come around here spouting the same shit you're spouting. That's why I said shut the fuck up and prove it with actions. I have yet to see one of you guys ever hold up to all the hype you talk about. Diesel spouted off for quite awhile and then actually posted a pic of the crap he "came up with". I mean, it was garbage but at least he came back with something. If you have a whole team you've hired for these revolutionary ideas, I'd fully expect to see something come of it. But.....I'm just really surprised to hear any of it since I'm sure you have a mouthful of shit. But best of luck to you.

WJCO

Meme King

One time at band camp, I bred a bull dog with a shih Tzu. I called it a bullshit.

modman86

Yea I can't help you. I'm not nearly as badass. But since you have so much experience and stated we probably already have your stuff on our Jeeps, it's surprising you need any help from us at all.

I always need help, I'm not God, we're all humans that need help because there are times in our life, we make mistakes. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life but on occasions came up from the ground. I'm no badass, in fact I'm nobody to many of those who don't know me. Not trying to be anyone, don't want to be any type of big shot, I just love what I do for a living. This world have products that are built like garbage, don't you agree? things need to be built better. How many times we see products built and we say "what a piece of crap" I do. Well it was a slow day but properous. This is definitely the most keyboard time I've had in a long time. Honestly, at first, only because I'm not much of a forums person, I was kinda not feeling in place getting bashed on but I get it. If I can make good out of it, I will surely try. Well see how all this goes. Personally I've never spent this much time on conversations online but I feel this actually can benefit me. I wasn't going to come back and write but I'm not one to give up. I truly feel those of you who came to me with attacking words are actually better people in person. I've never met a person face to face ever having confronting words. For me I'm not one to write well and it typically sounds like shit to some people. I do better by mouth and it's strange when you think about it. Yeah I did this to myself but I'm trying to place the right words to make better sense. When I gave my opinion about the truck, I can see where it didn't sound right, I think some understand where I'm coming from and some not. Yes I didn't put the right words for everyone to relate easily. I'll try to think of the right words before I write. However I'm not much a detailed thinker writer person. I like to express verbally in person better if that makes any sense.

Top Bottom