Jdofmemi and the yet unnamed Jeep rebuild

jdofmemi

Awesome accomplishment thus far fellas!!! I can appreciate how this has become a challenge instead of a set back. I dig the motivation!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holy hell! I was happy with changing my diff fluid and oil yesterday - you guys did an engine swap :crazyeyes:

Well done Jerry, mericamade and Clearskies! What a huge undertaking!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks guys!

Just connect the lines together with a coupler or the tube from a ball point pen and a couple clamps.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

I didn't think of the pen idea, thanks.
I usually keep some golf tees around for plugging things, but don't know where they went.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Progress report:

It was a good day. Last night after I came in from the garage, I reread Adams thread when he did his engine. Glad I waited until I was past the point of no return.

I was already pulling the core support, hoping to leave the bumper, but after reading, decided that needed to go too.

My Wayalife family came through, as Don (Clearskies) and Alan (Mericamade) came to help. Three people is just right. Not really room for more, but plenty for everyone to stay on task. We got the engine out, and the new one in and bolted down today. Now comes the less fun part of putting all the shit back together that came out to make room.

We also popped the valve cover on my old engine to find the cam lobes on #6 to be completely gone. The new engine also has way better compression than the old, as found when turning it over to line up the converter bolts.

All in all it was a good day, but still a long ways to go.
I'm really happy to have been able to help Jerry.. With any luck we'll out on the trails again soon.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Amazing work guys. Truly impressive. Kudos for stepping in and helping Jerry out too. Whss as t makes this a special place.

jdofmemi

Further update, but no new pictures.

It seems like a lot has been done, but it isn't enough to see from the surface yet. Manifolds and cats back in, lower intake back in, and I think all the wiring from the back of the engine forward to the front if the engine is in.

Alan came by Sunday for a while, and again was a big help.

It sure is a slow process. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not pulling the body to do this. While I don't have a lift, I have loaders, excavators, and a crane. No excuses except not getting my act together.

Oh well, it will all be back together soon, at least I believe it will.

Once it runs again, then I need to work on the list of things that was piling up before the engine decided to take a shit.

Corners, rockers, long arms, switch pros, lights, and I'm sure I am missing a few.

Oh, and I decided I want to change out the front bumper. I found one I liked, but don't care for the vendor, but while looking at what I have, I can give it a nip and tuck, and gain lots of clearance in the front where I keep smacking up against the ledges I'm trying to climb. I do have to loose my Rubicon sway bar in the process, but since I removed the module, I can't use it anyway, and have been just pulling my links.

J&k_Overland

Awesome Jerry. Hindsight is a bitch ain’t it. Was looking at the frame for my TJ I need to swap in thinking man bows the time to do suspension and motor swaps. Gotta get the shop built first though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Big job for sure and there will always be plenty of ways that you’ll realize you could have done it better after the fact. Glad to hear you’re making progress [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

Yeah, that shit definitely came apart alot faster. Hell I think we spent more time figuring out how the main harness was routed more then anything LOL. Good times thought!

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Yeah, that shit definitely came apart alot faster. Hell I think we spent more time figuring out how the main harness was routed more then anything LOL. Good times thought!

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm sure glad I took pictures, but no matter how many, there seems to always be hidden parts that escaped the photos, and end up like putting a puzzle together.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I'm sure glad I took pictures, but no matter how many, there seems to always be hidden parts that escaped the photos, and end up like putting a puzzle together.

Inevitably you’ll end up with a bunch of extra fasteners and have a queasy feeling about it. [emoji23]

J&k_Overland

Inevitably you’ll end up with a bunch of extra fasteners and have a queasy feeling about it. [emoji23]

That just means you were far more efficient at putting it together that’s the factory. That’s why new cars cost so much too many extra parts aren’t necessary.

jdofmemi

That just means you were far more efficient at putting it together that’s the factory. That’s why new cars cost so much too many extra parts aren’t necessary.

I like this outlook😁

Better than this one😖

As an old friend once heard when he called customer service after having parts left over in a rebuild kit:
"Is it all assembled?"
"Yes"
"Does it work?"
"Yes"
"Those are called 'pocket parts', put them in your pocket and forget about them"
🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom