Jdofmemi and the yet unnamed Jeep rebuild

jesse3638

Hooked
Just to further update the shit show this is becoming, I stopped by the local Jeep, Ram, Dodge dealer, and had them verify that they work with my warranty company.

They called back and said the warranty is not in effect, as it was never paid for by the selling dealer, even though I paid for it.

One more later of shit to wade through now.

Another update coming after that conversation.
Sounds like what happened when we bought our durango. It was explained the warranty I bought would be 7 years 100k miles from my date of purchase and current odo reading. Turns out the finance guy who sold it to us no longer works there because of shit like that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Just to further update the shit show this is becoming, I stopped by the local Jeep, Ram, Dodge dealer, and had them verify that they work with my warranty company.

They called back and said the warranty is not in effect, as it was never paid for by the selling dealer, even though I paid for it.

I've worked in the industry for about 20 years, and have never seen a hole in the intake like that. Crazy shit.

As far as the warranty, push hard. If you paid for a warranty and the dealership didn't take the steps to set it up, they are liable. I've seen this before. Sometimes it's laziness and sometimes corruption, but if you held up your end, fight hard and make them take responsibility.

rubiDave

Well it seems like you've got a lot of luck Jerry. Sucks that its all been bad lately.

Hope you can get the dealership to hold up their end or give you your money back.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

WTF! What dealership did you get it from Jerry? That's horse shit.

Got it in Colorado. Will probably be Monday before I can reach someone in charge to discuss this.

At this point, my money back for the warranty is an acceptable solution. Much feedback on that, and the second call will not come from me, and they may find themselves in more trouble.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Damn! Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can get it resolved without too much pissing and moaning.

jdofmemi

So, a new update is in order.

The selling dealer had paid the warranty company. Not sure why they said it hadn't been paid for, but the dealer confirmed it was valid, so I loaded the Jeep and took it to my local Jeep dealer.

They did a basic diagnostic, then told me that the warranty company requires the customer to authorize teardown of the engine to verify the problem. They wanted TWELVE HOURS of labor to remove ONE head🤯. At the shops rate, nearly $2K in labor to find out if the warranty covers it.

I told them to figure out 100% for sure it would be covered before anything was done. They did more research, and found that my warranty does not cover anything if the tires are over 35".

Two things happened then. I told them I would be there the next day to pick it up, and I got on the phone and found an engine.

I picked up a takeout engine this morning, for about what they wanted in labor to pull one head.

I then picked up the Jeep and brought it back home for the heart transplant.

Attachments

• PXL_20210306_210237487_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210306_210237487_copy_800x600.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 102
  • PXL_20210306_165243852.MP_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210306_165243852.MP_copy_800x600.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20210306_170929495_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210306_170929495_copy_800x600.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 104

bmkrinne

Everyone say aloud “I hate insurance companies”. Sucks Jerry!

Man, I wish I was closer so I could come drink your beer and watch you swap engines! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

So, a new update is in order.

The selling dealer had paid the warranty company. Not sure why they said it hadn't been paid for, but the dealer confirmed it was valid, so I loaded the Jeep and took it to my local Jeep dealer.

They did a basic diagnostic, then told me that the warranty company requires the customer to authorize teardown of the engine to verify the problem. They wanted TWELVE HOURS of labor to remove ONE head🤯. At the shops rate, nearly $2K in labor to find out if the warranty covers it.

I told them to figure out 100% for sure it would be covered before anything was done. They did more research, and found that my warranty does not cover anything if the tires are over 35".

Two things happened then. I told them I would be there the next day to pick it up, and I got on the phone and found an engine.

I picked up a takeout engine this morning, for about what they wanted in labor to pull one head.

I then picked up the Jeep and brought it back home for the heart transplant.

How much is left on the warranty? I had the local Jeep/Ram dealership lie to me and told me if I didn’t use the warranty I would get my money back in the end. Bastards, it was worth $0 the day it expired, the sooner you cancel it after you buy it you will get the most money back

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

How much is left on the warranty? I had the local Jeep/Ram dealership lie to me and told me if I didn’t use the warranty I would get my money back in the end. Bastards, it was worth $0 the day it expired, the sooner you cancel it after you buy it you will get the most money back

It's not even about canceling it.

They never gave me the fine print, and they sold me a policy that was not valid from day one. They don't cover anything with over 35" tires. It had 37s when I bought it, do day one it was no good, I just didn't find out until now.

JKbrick

It's not even about canceling it.

They never gave me the fine print, and they sold me a policy that was not valid from day one. They don't cover anything with over 35" tires. It had 37s when I bought it, do day one it was no good, I just didn't find out until now.

Fucking dealerships, that’s bullshit

jdofmemi

The state of things this morning😱

Last night I read through Adams thread regarding the engine swap. 😱😱😱. At least I know in my case the engine is bad, I have no choice.

Wish I had my planned lift already. At least my garage is taller.

Thanks to Alan and Don for offering help today. Going to get a lot done, but what a PITA.

Attachments

• PXL_20210307_153022766_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210307_153022766_copy_800x600.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 90
Top Bottom