K.D.C.H Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.D.C.H

Happy to say it's all done. Yet another mod crossed off my list of things to do before this weekends Rubicon run.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427686548.942138.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427686577.335562.jpg

K.D.C.H

Finally got the Oil Pan and Trans skids in. Just a few more things and I should be ready for this weekend :D

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427758584.172038.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427758597.220420.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
That trans skid was a fun install huh? My only complaint was the directions about how to slide it into the crossmember bolts. Wasn't the easiest thing to get to.

K.D.C.H

That trans skid was a fun install huh? My only complaint was the directions about how to slide it into the crossmember bolts. Wasn't the easiest thing to get to.

Haha yea it was a pain alright. Those nuts weren't the easiest things to get to and loosen/tighten. Clad it's done though. Yea at first it was confusing but after holding but up there it was easier to figure it all out.

K.D.C.H

Front and rear EVO lower control arm skids being welded on. Last thing to do before heading up to the Rubicon

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428074900.933222.jpg

Rccrwlr

Front and rear EVO lower control arm skids being welded on. Last thing to do before heading up to the Rubicon

View attachment 134905

This you or did you pay someone? Thinking of borrowing a welder and trying my self. Not that I can't pay to $100 bucks just sounds like fun. Did quite a bit of welding in school thought I would try again.

K.D.C.H

Did you powder coat the carrier and corners? Or did you do something different?

No powder coat, just self etching primer and some semi flat spray paint. It matches the EVO black really well. I also knew that they would get beat up and it's easier to cover the jeep and touch up with a little spray paint than it is to remove and re-powder coat

This you or did you pay someone? Thinking of borrowing a welder and trying my self. Not that I can't pay to $100 bucks just sounds like fun. Did quite a bit of welding in school thought I would try again.

No it's not me, I paid a professional to do this stuff.

So did the fairlead work out ok?

Worked out great so thank you. Just got back from our Rubicon run and didn't need to use the winch so I guess that's a good thing too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom