My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

JK007

Hi

After reading 15 pages i just lost patienece sorry. Have a question for you.

Have you upgraded the Brake Booster and MC fron J8?
Mopar is selling a big brake upgrade kit and also a seperate item Master Cylinder and Brake Booster part number P5160050

I already have twin piston brake upgarde and just wanting to upgrade the brake booster and MC

Also your inbox is full.... Any help is appreciated thanks

Ahhh come on let him answer the question :blush:

RubMyIcon

The longest April fools joke ever!

Lol I would say this thread should be closed as its a joke but then again it brought me here and I did sign up.:bleh:

IgotaWoody39

Holy dead thread resurrection and just to say this? :thinking:
Yep, I was searching google on jk brake issues, went to another forum that had this link, and of course not knowing the end result, made it to around 47'th page, then jumped to around the 67'th,,,,,and holy cow what time that took, only to find out the end result,,,,,,, so I fig I'd spread some of the joy and inspiration I just got from the past two hours in the article,,,,Suckers are born every two hours,,,,to include myself apparently....next time I'll start from the back......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I was searching google on jk brake issues, went to another forum that had this link, and of course not knowing the end result, made it to around 47'th page, then jumped to around the 67'th,,,,,and holy cow what time that took, only to find out the end result,,,,,,, so I fig I'd spread some of the joy and inspiration I just got from the past two hours in the article,,,,Suckers are born every two hours,,,,to include myself apparently....next time I'll start from the back......

LOL!! Too funny

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Wow! I'd never seen this thread before but what a load of shit. That guy never had any idea what he was doing and his only contribution was buy better brake pads.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
hTqkp8ZHtTZNS.gif

PabloK

Whatever you guys do, stay the F away from Wilwood. Spent $3500 on front and rear kit. Front calipers fell off after 15,000 miles destroyed my wheels and calipers.

They told me it's my fault. Even thought I have pictures of the bolts with red loctite on them and properly torqued . They will not stand behind their product. Stay away, shit customer service, rude, waste of money.

I'll post a separate post detailing my experience in a couple days when I cool down.... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468529430.512896.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468529447.031120.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468529460.055458.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468529543.892305.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Whatever you guys do, stay the F away from Wilwood. Spent $3500 on front and rear kit. Front calipers fell off after 15,000 miles destroyed my wheels and calipers.

They told me it's my fault. Even thought I have pictures of the bolts with red loctite on them and properly torqued . They will not stand behind their product. Stay away, shit customer service, rude, waste of money.

I'll post a separate post detailing my experience in a couple days when I cool down....

How is the OEM Jeep bolt falling out a Wilwood product problem? I'm confused. Is there more to the story?

Last edited:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
How is the OEM Jeep bolt falling out a Wildwood product problem? I'm confused. Is there more to the story?

You'll also notice the bolt in the top hole is different to the one he's holding. And that looks like the loctite the factory put on not new stuff.

There is always more to the story.....

Top Bottom